im going to cry

my car :(

how many things can go wrong with this f*cking car!

first a clogged cat in the up pipe

then a bad right rear wheel bearing

now a loud rattling sound coming from my turbo. so loud that i can hear it over my exhaust.

now my car is parked out front, and i shall not move it unless its on a tow truck.

its because i bought it with over 100k miles on it and i dont know if the previous owner drove the crap out of it.

the dune run i did in the car did nothing bad for it. imprezas are practically made for that kind of driving. but i baby

the car on the streets. i dont need any tickets.

if your hearing a loud noise from the turbo, its probably blown. im guessing the compressor wheel is hitting the walls of the housing. sounds like there is a ton of shaft play. is there a loss of power?

dont be too upset about the turbo. 100+k on the stock turbo is pretty damn good. and now, its a reason to upgrade:) go get a 18g and have some fun hehe.

same thing with the uppipe. thats the crappy thing about cats, after a while they sh*t out on you. i wouldnt get too worked up. all the stuff going out is something that should have been expected (except the wheel bearing).

come to think of it.

when i made an earlier post about how i would sometimes floor the gas in 5th to accelerate on the highway and the rpms would just jump up to redline with the car barely moving, i didnt even think twice about it being a blown turbo because if i backed off and tried again, the car would accelerate fine.

how hard is it to unbolt and take out a stock turbo on a subaru and replace it?

im not going to upgrade my turbo yet, because it is a high mileage engine and i dont need to stress the internals without upgrading them.

ill just get a used stock td04 and replace my broken one for now.

i cant afford all the repairs ive been doing only to do more mods and get another tune. not now.

i need to cut back on spending for a little while. spent well over 15k within the past month.

lol, but upgrading is fun!!

its not too bad. you already had the dp changed and usually the downpipe/turbo bolts are a PITA and seize. it sucks b/c the stock inlets are a PITA, so you cant just pull that off to check the shaft play on the turbo.

you'll have to basically just take off the downpipe and the uppipe. the things you just had off :laugh: one thing i hate, working on my car all the time, is doing just that...pulling things off i already had off about 20 times lol. the turbo inlet can just stay in place as you can't pull it out anyway without either taking off the intake manifold or cutting it up to pull it out. oh, and you have to pull off the top mount.

well, i found out what was really rattling. maybe i should do a more detailed inspection in the future when i hear something wrong.

it was actually a bolt at the top of my downpipe that had gotten loose and was rattling. i tightened it, and no more rattle

and the loss of power while accelerating that im experiencing is probly just my clutch slipping.

i need to calm down and think more often instead of just rushing to spend money on problems that dont exist.

tell me about it.

now i need to figure out the cost to do the clutch.

i can change the clutch myself. that wont be too hard and it cant really be all that different from a honda. a clutch is a clutch.

Wow good thing it wasn't anything major.

Rick.

oh

em

gee

I'm psyched for Octoberfest...got these today

IMG_1655.jpg

Still goin to Boston with me? My friend called me yesterday and I told him I'd call him back when I figure out what I'm doin. I'll let him know if you're comin with?

I'm going to school in Springfield, MA on Oct 31 (Friday, Halloween).

I have class for 2 hours in the morning, then I'm going to Boston from there. Costume parties at the bars all weekend! We can make some cheap costumes lol.

Matter of fact, if I come down for Octoberfest, do you want to just come back with me and stay here for the week until Halloween?

ill let you know how much of a bitch it is lol. i've got most of the things you need to take off, off, but im sure im going to have a grand time trying to get the tranny back up by myself and getting the release fork back aligned right lol.

plus, idont have a tranny jack, so ill have to use my floor jack. fun lol.

my car :(

how many things can go wrong with this f*cking car!

first a clogged cat in the up pipe

then a bad right rear wheel bearing

now a loud rattling sound coming from my turbo. so loud that i can hear it over my exhaust.

now my car is parked out front, and i shall not move it unless its on a tow truck.

Hey, its a subaru what did you expect, lol j/k :laugh:

cant wait to see how quick this thing is going to be when we meet up for a HF meet :)

Hey, its a subaru what did you expect, lol j/k :laugh:

cant wait to see how quick this thing is going to be when we meet up for a HF meet :)

ill have 300whp by the time we meet. maybe more depending on if i decided to get an sti motor swap.

ill have 300whp by the time we meet. maybe more depending on if i decided to get an sti motor swap.

you do know that me and you are going to have to have a little fun down the interstate when we meet up right? lol :thumbsup:

Archived