87 octane plus octane booster = premium?

alex37211

There's a gas crisis here in Nashville and all the gas stations are out of 91 and 93 oct gas. The select few gas stations with ANY gas have a 45 minute wait and are rationing gas like 5 gallons per car.

I have a date and don't want to drive this old, ragged, beat up, loud as hell civic. I want my RSX :( but it's empty.

The del sol is on 3 cylinders and runs like shti.

Hatch 2 has the alternator off right now and I don't have time to mess with it.

The Ranger.....I JUST WANT MY RSX!! :pirate:

What if I put a little of that octane booster stuff in with some 87 oct gas?

(It's a type S btw and requires premium)

There's a gas crisis here in Nashville and all the gas stations are out of 91 and 93 oct gas. The select few gas stations with ANY gas have a 45 minute wait and are rationing gas like 5 gallons per car.

I have a date and don't want to drive this old, ragged, beat up, loud as hell civic. I want my RSX :( but it's empty.

The del sol is on 3 cylinders and runs like shti.

Hatch 2 has the alternator off right now and I don't have time to mess with it.

The Ranger.....I JUST WANT MY RSX!! :pirate:

What if I put a little of that octane booster stuff in with some 87 oct gas?

(It's a type S btw and requires premium)

Will be fine I would think, for the short term! :thumbsup:

Too late. I drove the raggedy civic. Oh well. I'm just gonna wait this thing out before I drive my rsx. Better safe than sorry. At least I have back-up cars. It makes me wonder what everyone else that drives a higher octane tuned car is doing.

I'm just gonna wait this thing out before I drive my rsx.

It will never end. I'm sure Honda never anticipated having the fuel cut with ethanol. I say hit the race track and fuel up. BTW, make sure you can verify the fuel at the race track is unleaded.

It will never end. I'm sure Honda never anticipated having the fuel cut with ethanol. I say hit the race track and fuel up. BTW, make sure you can verify the fuel at the race track is unleaded.

There are reports estimating gas here by the end of the week. I just siphoned 15 gallons of gas from a couple wrecks at the junk yard. So I'm set for like a month. I just won't use the junkyard gas in the sex for obvious reasons.

i'm thinking that it's just laziness on the part of gas companies. everything is fine and dandy here, gas prices shot way up because they said that a refinery was shut down during the hurricane, so instead of upping the output of the other refineries, they just jack the prices up. gas sucks, auto manufactures suck for not bringing more efficient cars over to the US. i just read an article in the paper saying that auto companies are getting $25 million of our tax money to help them do more research for hybrid vehicles. this is such bull to me, this hybrid BS is retarded, when its common for cars in Europe to get 40+ mpg, who gives a crap about paying an extra $3k for a hybrid of the same quality that wont be able to make up that extra cost in the life of the vehicle.

i'm thinking that it's just laziness on the part of gas companies. everything is fine and dandy here, gas prices shot way up because they said that a refinery was shut down during the hurricane, so instead of upping the output of the other refineries, they just jack the prices up. gas sucks, auto manufactures suck for not bringing more efficient cars over to the US. i just read an article in the paper saying that auto companies are getting $25 million of our tax money to help them do more research for hybrid vehicles. this is such bull to me, this hybrid BS is retarded, when its common for cars in Europe to get 40+ mpg, who gives a crap about paying an extra $3k for a hybrid of the same quality that wont be able to make up that extra cost in the life of the vehicle.

The cars in Europe that typically get 40+ MPG, are diesels. The US has an extreme prejudice against diesels for some reason.

just for refference octane booster doesnt do crap..read the back it says it only bumps octane up like 0.x oct lvl. but you should be good with 89. hondas that ask for 91/93 have knock sensors and when they detect knock they pull timing and make it all better. but like its said dont get on it.

The cars in Europe that typically get 40+ MPG, are diesels. The US has an extreme prejudice against diesels for some reason.

too many of us are uneducated and moronic. i love my country but seriously sometimes i wonder why i like it so much. i want a mantion and a hlicopter out in the middle of no where so i don't have to be around any more retards...

too many of us are uneducated and moronic. i love my country but seriously sometimes i wonder why i like it so much. i want a mantion and a hlicopter out in the middle of no where so i don't have to be around any more retards...

umm, i think you meant mansion and helicopter & nowhere...

Pretty much been hard as hell to find a gas station with gas for the past week here in Atlanta. I sat in line for an hour, and then spent 40 minutes pumping 12 gallons of gas into my Acura. But, i needed gas, so i sat there and waited. Thank god i dont do a lot of driving at the moment..

Well I'm in murfreesboro, TN just south of nashville at mtsu and we had the same problem here. nobody had any gas and the few stations that had it had like 45min waits and they only had premium. it dosn't so much bother me because I use reg and dont drive very much anymore now that im in school, but The one time I needed gas in about 3 weeks it took me all day to find a station that had any.

Well hell your in nashville, I should come up there and check out your rsx. I loves me an rsx :drool:

Archived