omg someone plz help with this problem

88prelude

it sounds alot better without the cat...i get alot more ricer sound outta the car and i noticed an increace in power without the cat

You do know that all motors need a certain amount of back pressure to function and run properly?

it dont matter, he likes to be a ricer homie G skillet dawg yo :p

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
uh...why?

Someone care to define rice to this young lad? :crazy:

RICE=Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements (general definition)

Rice is unnecessary crap you put on your car to give the appearance of something quick (ie shopping cart sized aluminum spoiler).

Rice is not a compliment! If your car sounds like your Homelite trimmer, buddy we need to talk.

Someone care to define rice to this young lad? :crazy:

RICE=Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements (general definition)

Rice is unnecessary crap you put on your car to give the appearance of something quick (ie shopping cart sized aluminum spoiler).

Rice is not a compliment! If your car sounds like your Homelite trimmer, buddy we need to talk.

okay well thank you no one has told me the rreal definition of that word i just thought rice meant the sound of your exhaust sounds like it has rice in it lol thats what i meant by my car sounds like it has more rice but that one guy didnt have to be such a d*ck about it

and i dont have anything "rice" done to my car its spraypainted flat black and has some 18" rims and an aftermarket muffler

if anything i want to get a stock Si wing i thing huge wings look stupid as anything

Once again I'm amazed by stuff in this thread.

Did somebody in this thread actually said that they liked how much ricier their car sounded without the cat? I seriuosly think he called himself a ricer and is proud of it.....I really don't even know how to respond to that........ wow.....

Once again I'm amazed by stuff in this thread.

Did somebody in this thread actually said that they liked how much ricier their car sounded without the cat? I seriuosly think he called himself a ricer and is proud of it.....I really don't even know how to respond to that........ wow.....

but i didnt call myself a ricer i just like the sound of the exhaust does that mean i am a ricer?

aight don't drop out of here, you just got started on a bad note. We can all be dicks at some point.

For future reference, spray-painted cars will attain rice status though. Loud exhaust isn't rice, it's the tone of it that's ricey. Pissed off weedeater/bumblee in a coffee can is the sound most of us here hate, including me.

To the original post, check your carbs like the mechanic said, though I'd be willing to bet your backfiring is because of the reduced backpressure. Ever taken the muffler off a lawnmower? It'll backfire like crazy. Over time without enough backpressure, you'll burn your rings up. >_<

SOOOOOOO if it backfires like crazy, put the cat on or something. I've got a test pipe and mine doesn't backfire, but i also have stock exhaust manifold and muffler. A little backfire isn't that bad, most performance exhausts do a little.

Got a video clip?

aight don't drop out of here, you just got started on a bad note. We can all be dicks at some point.

For future reference, spray-painted cars will attain rice status though. Loud exhaust isn't rice, it's the tone of it that's ricey. Pissed off weedeater/bumblee in a coffee can is the sound most of us here hate, including me.

To the original post, check your carbs like the mechanic said, though I'd be willing to bet your backfiring is because of the reduced backpressure. Ever taken the muffler off a lawnmower? It'll backfire like crazy. Over time without enough backpressure, you'll burn your rings up.>_<

SOOOOOOO if it backfires like crazy, put the cat on or something. I've got a test pipe and mine doesn't backfire, but i also have stock exhaust manifold and muffler. A little backfire isn't that bad, most performance exhausts do a little.

Got a video clip?

^^ +1

To the original post, check your carbs like the mechanic said, though I'd be willing to bet your backfiring is because of the reduced backpressure. Ever taken the muffler off a lawnmower? It'll backfire like crazy. Over time without enough backpressure, you'll burn your rings up.>_<

Got a video clip?

i spray-painted my car because i cant afford a real paint job and if i could then i would get my front main oil seal fixed and my radiator coolant leak fixed... but anyway i bought the car with fully stock exhaust (aftermarket muffler but it was a real muffler that made the car reallyyy quiet) and it sitll did little backfires then i took the muffler off and it made more backfires then i got the cat removed and it makes high pitched backfires and the mechanic that gut my cat off said since i have a pipe all the way back to some kind of muffler i will have enough back pressure and will not burn my rings up and i can take a video clip if wanted

^^ +1

what does that mean

i spray-painted my car because i cant afford a real paint job and if i could then i would get my front main oil seal fixed and my radiator coolant leak fixed... but anyway i bought the car with fully stock exhaust (aftermarket muffler but it was a real muffler that made the car reallyyy quiet) and it sitll did little backfires then i took the muffler off and it made more backfires then i got the cat removed and it makes high pitched backfires and the mechanic that gut my cat off said since i have a pipe all the way back to some kind of muffler i will have enough back pressure and will not burn my rings up and i can take a video clip if wanted

what does that mean

It meant that he agreed with HonaHunters post

It's fine, my body isn't perfect either I have primer on it and rust that I'm about to fix also. Make sure you keep a watch on those leaks and fix them first before any performance upgrades. I know, it's hard not too. Been there, done that.

For the backfire, tune the carbs like your mechanic said.

Video clip would be nice :thumbsup:

chance the cap/ rotor, they aren't very expensive and could lead to the same problems your having, also you coil could have a bad ground.

my whole distributor was replaced not 10,000 miles ago and it did the popping before that the only one the mechanic could find was in columbia and it took like a week to ship here lol

It's fine, my body isn't perfect either I have primer on it and rust that I'm about to fix also. Make sure you keep a watch on those leaks and fix them first before any performance upgrades. I know, it's hard not too. Been there, done that.

For the backfire, tune the carbs like your mechanic said.

Video clip would be nice :thumbsup:

im actually going upto alabama this christmas for my master import mechanic cousin to fix the leaks and possibly put a staged clutch in

im actually going upto alabama this christmas for my master import mechanic cousin to fix the leaks and possibly put a staged clutch in

sweet! yeah get those leaks fixed! i had my rear cam seal leaking, infamous in B-series.

Just for future reference, you can hit quote on a couple different things you'd like to reply to, then hit addreply at the bottom of page :thumbsup:

Somebody had to tell me that because i was replying individually like you too. Just trying to help buddy :D

• 2 weeks later...

okay so my car is doing it again...whenever i take off the line like i feel my car misfiring and i bogg down but it only feels like one or 2 pistons are doing it but once i to higher RPMS it stopps and when i get to a higher gear it stops but it still does it in 2nd but not as bad and i just put brand new NGK plugs in like maybe 2 or 3000 miles ago...wtf?

Archived