Why is this b18 sitting so high???

alex37211

I just dropped the B18c1 into my eg hatch and it's sitting like 4 inches too high! wtf!?

I used the original top driver's side mount and rear t-bracket off of the GSR. My hood won't close. It's like at least 3" off of the bumper. Is there a trick to this that I don't know?

Get some mounts from say.... Hasport, maybe?

I shouldn't have to. The teg and civic mounts are supposed to work. And they aren't broken or anything. :(

Here are a few pics I snapped last night when it finally stopped raining.

IMG_7110.jpg

IMG_7111.jpg

IMG_7112.jpg

IMG_7113.jpg

IMG_7114.jpg

No chance of either. They simply cannot bolt up on the opposite sides. And it's definitely not upside down.

Here is a pic of the top left mount while originally on the teg

IMG_6059.jpg

Now this is a shot of the civic's old mount

IMG_6056.jpg

And as it sits in my engine bay (same as posted above)

IMG_7112.jpg

The strangest thing is that all 3 main mounts (top left, trans, and rear) are secured. And the motor is perfectly level as if it were made to sit up that high. wtf!? :rant:

you need to use ALLLL mounts out of an integra. rear bracket(stock civic mount still on subframe) , drivers side mount (both engine and bracket) , passenger side tranny mount is the same as the D series. integra drivers and passenger side torque mount(one on tranny , one doubes as AC bracket.

from the pics i see , it looks normal to me , did you acually try shutting the hood or are you guessing? lol.

you need to use ALLLL mounts out of an integra. rear bracket(stock civic mount still on subframe) , drivers side mount (both engine and bracket) , passenger side tranny mount is the same as the D series. integra drivers and passenger side torque mount(one on tranny , one doubes as AC bracket.

from the pics i see , it looks normal to me , did you acually try shutting the hood or are you guessing? lol.

Yes.....I tried to close my hood. The first pic in post# 13 is a shot of how far down the hood goes. It wont even hook up with the hood latch. And I was planning on using the rest of the mounts once I got these in, but by looking at how high this thing is sitting, I doubt they would even line up. No need to try now. I'm using the original top left mount and a rear T-bracket from a 97 teg 5speed. And as soon as I put the bolts through the mounts and released pressure on the chain hoist, I had a hunch it was gonna be too high. It's seriously like 3-4 inches higher than where it should be.

I'm gonna get back out there when it dries up a little outside and see what I can see.

I didn't attempt to connect the axles. I did not feel a need to until I overcome this problem of hood clearence. I figured they wouldn't line up anyways.

what tranny and tranny mount are you using? if its all stock integra mounts on the drivers side your good there. is it sitting high on tranny side? if thats all 94-01 integra mounts holding that engine in and your hood doesnt shut , than your car has been smashed or somin , cause thats what fits , period.

what tranny and tranny mount are you using? if its all stock integra mounts on the drivers side your good there. is it sitting high on tranny side? if thats all 94-01 integra mounts holding that engine in and your hood doesnt shut , than your car has been smashed or somin , cause thats what fits , period.

I'm using the GSR tranny that was bolted to the motor. I never separated them. And I'm using the civic tranny mount which (and I checked) is exactly the same as the teg one. the motor isn't higher on any side. And my car was wrecked at one point, but my old d15 sat right where it was supposed to for 3 years while I drove it. I also own another eg and a del sol, all with the same d15 so I had engine bays to compare it with. There was nothing strange about how the old motor sat.

I'll get out there today after work (assuming it doesn't rain again) and check it out.

Thanks for everybody's input.

Archived