Thinking about something

BrIaN EG2

So me and my good friend thats in iraq with me were talking the other day before we went on a mission and im really thinking about it now... We're REALLY thinking about going special forces and i'll go to air assault school and sniper school, he said he'll go air borne and air assault school and something thats like EOD (blowing up sh1t) if we do go i hope me and him make it through selection! only thing that sucks is if i get into a fight ill get arrested because according to the police we'll be trained weapons... but i think itll be badass to go SF!! :devil:

oh and to be a sniper i will have to qualify expert on 40+ different weapons, im qualified expert on 5 right now: M9 (9mm baretta), M4, M2 machine gun(50 cal), M249 machine gun (S.A.W.), M240B machine gun

i HATE the M9 its a POS weapon, we should have kept the colt 45, MUCH better!!!

I agree, going to the Baretta was a horrible decision for the army.

But if this is more than just a passing fad, go for it. Do you plan on going career?

nahh not making it a career, just doing it to have fun and get some experience, ive been thinking about going to either black water, or swat when i get out i dont know yet though... still thinking

nahh not making it a career, just doing it to have fun and get some experience, ive been thinking about going to either black water, or swat when i get out i dont know yet though... still thinking
:thumbsup: FTW!

Sounds like that be the experience of a lifetime. I'm not "hardcore" enough to actually go out and do anything like that but when ever I thought of the military, armed forces, policing, etc. I've always wanted to be a sniper. Reflects my personality alot and I think I'd be very good as I'm a pretty good born shooter from all kinds of bows to handguns/rifles.

M i like the part where the swat guys are fast roping down the wall (looks like theyre running down the wall)

I just wish I could do a drastic change like that! I will just have to settle for going postal at work! :thumbsup:

I've always wanted to me a marine. I just don't take well to people yelling in my face, so don't know how long I would last in basic. I know why it must be done, just don't know If I'd be a good fit. If i was going to man up, I'd love to be a sniper. Mostly because I'm patient and am pretty good behind a scope. Wouldn't mind rolling a mini gun out of a chopper though.

Chris is set on going into the marines after he finishes school. Ideally, he wants to do JAG but he has to have a second MOS apparently. He's torn between training to be a sniper (it fits his personality- he's sadistic & cold enough to do it without having much of an impact on him) and flight school. He's leaning towards flight school, but he's already trained in basic flight (not fighter, obviously but just general stuff) and has a flight license. They've told him that if he graduates in the top 10% of his class, he wouldn't even be put into JAG... and that terrifies me!

honestly outa the 2 options you posted for when you get out (privatized military, or swat) I would lean towards the latter. Right now alot of MERC companies are getting lots of flak from the international community, mainly UN. Also remeber when you deployed as a MERC geneva conventions dont apply, so dont plan on the UN sending in a rescue squad. Not only that but they dont exactly goto the nicest of places, and there are long stints where your unemployed. (not to mention you going to be working with a bunch of retards, met a few BW guys myself when i was deployed, wanted to put a round in their foreheads on one than more occasion)

SWAT you dont have to leave the states (im sure that would make the future Mrs alot happier, good bennies, good job security, and decent pay) but a good 1/2 between those is a Air Marshall or Customs Agent. Just a couple more ideas for ya.

So me and my good friend thats in iraq with me were talking the other day before we went on a mission and im really thinking about it now... We're REALLY thinking about going special forces and i'll go to air assault school and sniper school, he said he'll go air borne and air assault school and something thats like EOD (blowing up sh1t) if we do go i hope me and him make it through selection! only thing that sucks is if i get into a fight ill get arrested because according to the police we'll be trained weapons... but i think itll be badass to go SF!! :devil:

oh and to be a sniper i will have to qualify expert on 40+ different weapons, im qualified expert on 5 right now: M9 (9mm baretta), M4, M2 machine gun(50 cal), M249 machine gun (S.A.W.), M240B machine gun

i HATE the M9 its a POS weapon, we should have kept the colt 45, MUCH better!!!

damn man that's a pretty good list going there. i can't shoot pistols for sh!t though. i'm pretty handy with a shotgun and a scoped rifle though. i think my problem is that i can't use iron sites, for some reason i just can't keep a tight grouping with them. +1 on the M9 being a POS, my favorite pistol to shoot so far is my friends old single action .44 mag. what are the qualification for expert? like what distance, grouping or points, etc...

All I can say is: thank god there are people like you guys in the world that can and want to do this kind of stuff. It ain't for me...

Amen to that lol

A couple of friends wanted me to join the Marines & Army, but i was like nah...I had to do the army the summer when I was 18 because its Mandatory in South Korea...that sh1t sucks, Seriously it was just ridiculous...you run for half the day, and the rest you work on weapons and hand to hand combat...no thanks....i know it may not be exactly the same here but still the concept is there, and well I simply don't 3am wake ups to go running lol

damn man that's a pretty good list going there. i can't shoot pistols for sh!t though. i'm pretty handy with a shotgun and a scoped rifle though. i think my problem is that i can't use iron sites, for some reason i just can't keep a tight grouping with them. +1 on the M9 being a POS, my favorite pistol to shoot so far is my friends old single action .44 mag. what are the qualification for expert? like what distance, grouping or points, etc...

let see:

m4 are pop up targets, 25 meter, 50, 100, 150, 250, and 300 you have to shoot at least 36/40 to get expert, i shot 38 :)

M2 are also pop up targets, 200 meter, 350, 300, 500, 550, 750, 1050, and 2000 meter targets, you have to shoot at least 9/13 to get expert, i got 13 :devil:

M249 is 300 meter paper targets 25 meters away and im not sure how many you have to shoot, they give you 3 drums of ammo which is 600 rounds, i didnt count that junk all i did was turn it in and they said "youre expert" YAY lol

M240B is the same way as the 249 but you get 800 rounds and the targets are a little harder to hit b/c the 240 shoots 7.62 and it has more of a kick

as for the M9 it is also paper targets and they gave me 6 mags to shoot, i did the same as i did with the 249 and 240 just turned it in and waited for the results, lol im too lazy to count all those holes in the target. oh and the M9 targets are 100 meter paper targets 25 meters away, and hard as hell to shoot because the baretta needs freaking 8lbs of pressure for the hammer to drop and fire a round, GAY!

I contemplated Air Force for a while but couldn't gain any support from the recruiter because I wanted to go to school for art. :laugh:

the chAirforce is not what you want, lol

you would most likely be a desk jockey and eat donuts all day, rofl

awesome :p

oh and the funniest thing that happened after everyone got done qualifying on the 50 cal, we had extra ammo to burn and they asked who wanted to shoot it, and i quickly said i would do it... let me remind you its summer in germany, pretty humid and dry, but i was blazing up the 1050 target and then a tracer round came out of nowhere (we werent supposed to have tracers b/c it was soo dry and the grass was dead) well it hit the top of the hill and it cought on fire, i quickly hopped up and was like "FIRE ON THE HILL FIRE ON THE HILL" we packed up faster than i had ever seen before and booked it out of there, it was soo funny, hahahahahaha

oh and if i get SF ill be having to pick off targets farther than 2000 meters away with the .50 cal sniper rifle, omg that rifle is pretty!!!

the Barrett .50? those are pretty guns, you gotta tell me how it shoots i've always wanted to try it at one of teh gun shows up here but i'm not a member of the local gun club so they don't let non-members shoot

Archived