the solvic

cmgogo

Allright guys, after 2 and a half days of sweating and cursing, and the aid of a roomate, and a few friends, here it is, the solvic.

img-resized.png Reduced: 64% of original size [ 800 x 600 ] - Click to view full imageP1010035.jpg

(Ill get a daytime photo marrow morning for you guys, I still have to adjust the headlights, and figure out an intermitant short int he drivers side turn signal)

heres the before

img-resized.png Reduced: 64% of original size [ 800 x 600 ] - Click to view full imageP1010003.jpg

and here we go

Allright, after moving all my tools and getting a welder set up we had to tear down, this included removing the bumper, headlights, and fenders

img-resized.png Reduced: 64% of original size [ 800 x 600 ] - Click to view full imageP1010014.jpg

next came the removal of the crash bar, and starting to drill out/ grind out all of the spot welds holding the core support onto the frame rails

drilling and grinding

and some more drilling and grinding

almost there

once its off, needed to bang out the dents in the frame, and level it out

leveling the sol

then time to tack on the eg core support.

tacked on

after its tacked on you have to forget to bring your camera with you, and stay up till 530 in the morning working on it, so ill just type it out for ya.

okay i filled in all the drilled out welds then fitted the fender supports into place and put them on. Next I took the bumper and test fit it along with the headlights (you need to get them in so you can eyeball how the fenders will fit)

Then after test fitting go ahead and put a few screws to hold them in place. After you get that all done mount your EG fenders so that they line up with the headlights, then i took a piece of duct tape and went from the forward end of the suspenion housing to the middle of the axle nut. And i cut on the forward side of it.

(end day 1, i needed some sleep)

Next morning, wake up and have a beer at 10am, have roomate come back with camera, toothbrush, and deoderant.

okay mocked up the sol fenders from the rear end of the engine bay (they are already cut since they are the ones raley used for his eg to sol conversion)

sol fenders

Then weld them together

fenders welded

then mount the hood (the holes line up in the hinges with a lil work) and grind and smooth your welds on your fenders

ground down

then bondo them puppies up

bondo

sand down

sanded smooth

and paint her and close her up and away ya go!

painted

The only problem I really ran into was the hood release, the sol's is about 4 inches too short, so i removed the plug next to where the hood release cable enters the fenderwell, then ran it through the engine bay along the throttle cable. This gave me just enough slack to run it to the release, while not having to worry about accidental hood release.

okay, going to bed, nitey nite

You luv me, you really luv me!!!! :heart:

fail

well at least the one i quoted is still fail :p

way to try and make me look foolish by fixing your original post instead of making a new one :p

(u know i love u big boy)

fail

well at least the one i quoted is still fail :p

way to try and make me look foolish by fixing your original post instead of making a new one :p

(u know i love u big boy)

You know I really dont even have to try! :thumbsup:

now all you need is the car one color and lowered and the front end will look even better

and that is too much work.. glad i didnt have to touch mine :thumbsup:

i forgot to warn you about the hood latch issue.. sorry haha

and my fender were in four pieces i think.. glad you only had to do 2

yeah it does make it look a bit older, but for having 200K miles on the motor, and being in atleast 3 wrecks i would say shes looking good for her age :) seeing as how the first one wouldve totaled it, the second one was only minor damage to prexisting major damage, and the rear end, well thats another story :)

anyways, more photos!

day time shots!

P1010038.jpg

P1010039.jpg

and me after finaly getting it done

P1010037.jpg

man im one ugly SOB!

yeah it does make it look a bit older, but for having 200K miles on the motor, and being in atleast 3 wrecks i would say shes looking good for her age :) seeing as how the first one wouldve totaled it, the second one was only minor damage to prexisting major damage, and the rear end, well thats another story :)

anyways, more photos!

day time shots!

P1010038.jpg

P1010039.jpg

and me after finaly getting it done

P1010037.jpg

man im one ugly SOB!

MMMMMMM! MOOBS!!!!!! :crazy:

Archived