So, what do you all think?

0102000103080104032008080965c644ecd850a1966b00acfc.jpg01160901040201030720080809533f60009e93c8d92d00ca1f.jpg

tomorrow i go down and check it out, and if all turns out well. ill do the paperwork and purchase it.

im going to take it to subaru and have them do a full point inspection of it, and have the 90k service done on it if it hasnt been done already (has 104k miles).

that takes half a day so i wont really be getting the car for personal use until friday.

tomorrow ill post up more pics too and possibly a vid of the test drive since i can take video and high quality pics with my kick ass new phone (the instinct of course!!!).

after all the fees and everything, ill be picking it up for just over $10,200

then around sunday or so, ill be starting my drive across country, which will cost around $600 in gas or so.

i wish we had this car when driving to the meet. it would have been a little less cramped, well, head room wise anyway. scoobies arent famous for leg room, especially in the backseat.

and before leaving san diego, i want to get it tinted somewhat.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

congrats (hopefully)!

they have more leg room than honda rear seats. or, people can just shrink to be about my size and not really have an issue :p

Yea, good luck with it Rick!

How come you didn't fly over here first and then look for a car? Just an excuse to drive more? haha

i like driving.

there are a couple curvy roads i want to check out on the way there.

might have to check out pikes peak and the dragons tail. i can only imagine how fun its gonna be. tee hee. im excited. lol.

the car already looks like it has some goodies on it.

i like the lip kit it has, and it already has an exhaust.

tomorrow at noon ill know all about the car.

thats right bitches...i am slowly pursuing people to sell their soul to the subaru community...

hopefully the car is schweet and he picks it up. It would be nice to have a subie buddy over here.

btw rick, he has jdm spats and front lip on it. all it needs is a little lowering and maybe some rear strakes (like i just bought) and some aeroguards and it will look awesome. well, and maybe some new wheels lol.

what the hell is a spat? lol.

i get to be a noob once again. yay for me.

i want to get a good tein suspension for it. and it definitely needs some rims, and a tint.

dude, quit throwing all of these weird ass terms at me. lol.

scooby nooby here. :p

i have an appointment at 2:30 today for the car. so hopefully, its in decent condition so i can buy it.

ive already made up my mind on getting a scooby. hopefully this is the one.

oh there is nothing wrong with tint.

im not thinking about getting like limo tint or anything. just something that will help keep the inside of the car a little bit cooler on hot sunny days.

besides, the black on white will help me find my car in the snow. :p

If you can clear a soda can on it's side.....it's not low enough (that's my car at least). I like it and like it in white. Get some Black wheels with red lip and you'll be set....(just messin' with you Joe). I actually really like gold wheels on a white car...maybe gold wheels with a chrome lip. In any case I look forward to seeing what you do with it. (By the way...I'm jealous....I want/need a sporty 4 door).

If you can clear a soda can on it's side.....it's not low enough (that's my car at least).

lol, yeah with hondas (except accords, tls, any of the larger models) it should be low, but subarus i think look dumb when they're too low.

i think ill lower it maybe 2 inches at the most.

it does need some nice rims.

i wouldnt mind getting ahold of some sti rims.

edit:

ill be posting better pics and a vid later today of the subie.

lol, spats are the add on pieces on the rear of the bumper.

and definitly do some tints... i put 35% on mine and it made it look ten times better. Tein is a good option, but as you start reading there are a whole bunch of options around the tein price range that are probably better. STi rims would look great, they are a pretty penny though!

13.5 in the rear and 14" in the front is like the perfect height (distance b/w the center of the centercap and the edge of the fender). since i switched over to my coilovers they sit just a TAD lower than that. but at that height its the most optimal for performance and a perfect height imho.

and my bad about the terms, i forget easy your a noooOOb. :)

Some ideas for starters, if you are modifying it:

JDM/EDM STi Hood Scoop

JDM/EDM STi H.I.D. Headlights

Front Mount Intercooler

Fog Light Covers

20% Window Tint

Prodrive P1 Gold Wheels

Apex'i GT Spec Exhaust

JDM STi Version 5 Seats

ARC Carbon Fiber Splitters

Exedy Stage 1 Clutch

Pink "i" Emblem

Badgeless

I hear that yes, he does own it. Lina told me that Rick told her. The HF grapevine. Think he's trying to get on the road by Sunday, which would be tomorrow. Good luck, Rick!

i have the car!

picked it up yesterday at 1pm.

its fun to drive.

ill tell ya, launching a awd is soooo completely different than a fwd or rwd. no tire spin, the car just shoots forward. its kinda cool. lol.

there is alot of tire noise on the inside though, it might be because its new tires or whatnot, but im having it looked at today when i have the timing belt/chain (whatever the hell it is on these subies).

its not as fast as my civic was but it handles alot better. i like it.

ill post pics when i can access the web with my computer. unless of course, the people i sent pictures to want to post the pics for me. =P

i also took a vid.

thats right bitches...i am slowly pursuing people to sell their soul to the subaru community...

hopefully the car is schweet and he picks it up. It would be nice to have a subie buddy over here.

btw rick, he has jdm spats and front lip on it. all it needs is a little lowering and maybe some rear strakes (like i just bought) and some aeroguards and it will look awesome. well, and maybe some new wheels lol.

s'ok mang

i'm shooting for scoob status the next go round.

Archived