How its done in the south

DelSolSweetie

so this is mudders day.. annual redneck event held every year.. it was cancelled this year sadly but these are from the year before last.. thought i'd share them

this is the cherokee before it hit the mud:

scan012001.jpg

me driving:

scan010001.jpg

scan006001.jpg

me gettin stuck caused a stupid 4wheeler cut out in front of me and we had to stop:

scan011001.jpg

takin the broke windshield wiper off:

scan009001.jpg

climbin in some random huge truck:

scan013001.jpg

after driving home:

scan005001.jpg

scan008001.jpg

yup its fun.. and your skin is always soft after the mud bath you get haha

We have an event just like that up here in Idaho at Bonner's Ferry. Whenever a rig gets stuck they have a huge boom crane that swings out and lifts it out of the mud. Last year one go-cart (right, I said go-cart) got so stuck that when the crane went to lift it tore the cart right in half... while the guys were still in it! :crazy:

Yeah, Chris knows mudders day well. Especially when he lived in Charleston, but the boy grew up in SC anyway (look up Van Wyck- I doubt you'll find it! it's just outside of Rock Hill) We used to do similar back in high school on the weekends/summer- every friday & saturday night we'd party out on an illegal track just outside of town. I'm sad though- we never got a chance to muddy up the Jeep before his dad sold it. But at least we're getting a Bronco next week for him to work on and once it's all sorted out, you better believe we're going to get that thing dirty as all hell! haha.

I used to have a jeep wagoneer that looked just like that cherokee and I used to see how much mud I could get on it cuz I thought it was cool to drive to school like that. That's so much fun, I have a 4 wheeler like that too and when it gets muddy here like that we tie a trash can lid type of snow sled to the back of it and drag people through the mud. It was always fun to lock the front brake and rooster tail mud onto the victim in the back.

Archived