so i might be gettin a prelude

DelSolSweetie

b/c after its done the way gas prices are going the evo will be a weekend car... stock 19mpg city 25 highway... so tuned itll guzzle gas

i just want a project honda that hardly anybody does, like a 89 Teggy again with a B18C5 or another B17A1... and slap some mugen Mf10's on it... nothing extreme just to get me from point a to point b nice, clean, and quicklly...:thumbsup:

::EDIT:: Sorry to thread jack :(

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

okay so look

on the cartrader site you can onlt 1/2 pics without paying.. and ive already asked him to send me more pics im not a dumbass.. but i just cant believe you guys think its impossible for someone to do an ass of motor work and keep the outside stock... and again im not a dumbass! if i go look at the car and any of the stuff done is not done im not buying the thing!

I didnt see anyone say your a dumbass... Anyway people are just trying to help all of us if you can't take it then don't ask about it. Obviously theres a reason why everyone is saying the same thing about the car. There is not enough pics and information given so based on the pics and info this is the conclusions people come to.:-

okay so look

on the cartrader site you can onlt 1/2 pics without paying.. and ive already asked him to send me more pics im not a dumbass.. but i just cant believe you guys think its impossible for someone to do an ass of motor work and keep the outside stock... and again im not a dumbass! if i go look at the car and any of the stuff done is not done im not buying the thing!

Maybe it's just me, but you seem to be getting defensive which is no need since you asked

think its worth it?

I personally think that people treat their car equally in all aspects. If someone doesn't care enough to keep the exterior looking nice or even decent then I'd bet money that they treat the inside and engine the same way. It would take less than an hours work to fix the crap that is falling off on the outside of that car. I wouldn't want to buy a car off someone who doesn't care enough about the car to spend a few minutes keeping her looking decent. That kind of carelessness is only going to cause you trouble down the road.

That is my favorite generation of Prelude. Obviously I'd say buy it, but not before seeing it and verifying some of his claims yourself.

thankyou

and i dont even know how long this guy has had the car.. it might have been down a while when doing the motor swap which could explain why he didnt keep it super clean.. cause if im in the middle of puttin a motor in im not going to wash the car.. or he wanted a sleeper.. or he hadnt got to the outside and wanted power before pretty

but im waitin on the guy to send me pics later still.. and if the engine bay is crap im not gettin it.. but if the thing is basically awesome under the hood and stock outside it sounds good to me

All we did was give you our opinions. We all have one, and you might not like what you hear... but you did ask..

As far as the car.. if you go look at it (cuz pictures always make the car look way better, or way worse) and it is what you are looking for, buy it. After all, your the one who will be driving it, not us. Have fun, and let us know if you get it..

Say everyone, let's all say what she wants to hear so she'll buy a turd. :D

That way, when something breaks or she wrecks it doing more street racing she can come on here and ask questions or make statements that warrant more threads like these.

thankyou

it might have been down a while when doing the motor swap which could explain why he didnt keep it super clean..

or he wanted a sleeper..

Even if it was down a while it woulnd explain the front lip falling off.. and what i said earlier, if it had any kind of tein suspension it should be lowered at least an inch, and in that pic, its stock ride height... im sorry but if i put 8 grand in a car, i would AT LEAST fix the hanging lip, sip tie or something... we dont mean to make you mad, but we are just trying to keep you astray from a POS

lol@busted ls1

I was thinking the same thing. Especially if you'll going to be selling the car. I mean its one thing if the lip starts to fall off and you can't or don't fix it right away. But If you'll trying to sell it and you won't do that easy fix right there whats that (possibly) say about the rest of the car. And thats all we go to go on. Reminds me of people that wont clean their car up at all before trying to sell it. If they're not willing to present it to you nicely for the sale what makes you think they ever took care of it? Nothing IMO.

I like it personally. I just don't like the fact the motor, hell the whole car is quite heavy compared to most hondas. so I would drive it. I dunno why most people don't like preludes. I think they look pretty good. I really like the 5th gen IMO but the 4th is just as nice. So sarah buy the prelude and we can trade sol for prelude. I need the back seat. lol.

Plus I would love the H motor.

Does this prelude have the all wheel steering or no?

soooo i say have more faith in people and ive solved the mystery!

talked to the dude for a while last night.. and he has a sol with a k20 and he wont sell that one but anyway the pic of prelude is old.. it was before the tein suspension and he said it has a new front bumper(black) and a new front lip on it.. hes been in texas and not home so he couldnt get me pics but he was flyin home today and i get more pics.. car has cams, header, exhaust, new clutch, flywheel, intake, etc.. said its runs very well and the radiator does have a leak but theres a new one with a new thermostat going in it before anyone buys it and when he noticed the leak he quit driving hit so it wouldnt overheat and such.. and he said he likes building sleepers and besides the new front bumper and exhaust it does look stock.. and he said it has the 99 interior in it?

but yah ill post new pics when i get them

and i think the del sol might live again! after a few months of slow rebuilding.. cause i still have a truck i have to finish building first

man you guys make me feel poor, everyone has like 2 or 3 cars that they are building...

and im looking forward to seeing the new pics of the ludey, i like them i just dont like how heavy they are, like everyone else says... they are the tanks of honda, but they do look good and arent that slow...

Best not to put much faith in people untill they give you something to trust in. Now with the added information you'll giving me (if he's not bsing) it starting to sound like a deal. Just dont be so defensive.

ill have pics tomorrow :) i was only lookin at other cars cause i didnt know if mine was fixable.. cause you know it was kinda a few foot in the air and landed.. that can sometimes mess a car up

im keeping the d16 in it.. i liked the high 15 16 flat(slow but not bad for a d) and 35 mpg city thing

yea mpg is getting pretty needy now a days... i swear before too long the D series engines are gonna be 4k and the B & K series will be 2k, lol :laugh:

Archived