so i might be gettin a prelude

DelSolSweetie

as everyone knows i wrecked the sol and was tryin to find another one but cant find one for a decent price with decent miles but i did stumble upon a 94 prelude with some work done

like a h22 type s.. he said it has tein suspension, flywheel, stage 2 clutch, motegis.. and a bunch of other crap i cant even remember.. he said all thats wrong is it has a leaky radiator but he has a new one and a thermostat to put in it before anyone buys it and he said he has to sell it cause with two kids now two car seats wont fit in the back

he was askin 4300.. but im going to offer him like 3500-3800 because it is up north and i dont know how much i trust it and i know it needs paint.. heres a pic of it

it looks stock but the guy said he easily has like 8k in it

think its worth it?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how the front lip is about to fall off.

Edit -- I should note I don't see where 8K has gone into that car UNLESS it includes the price of car.

only a deal if it comes with the half 20 oz. of pepsi.

based on appearance, i'd vote no. where's the link to the car's details? you'd think that someone who put "8k" into a car might post more than one picture up.

that thing looks kinda busted. seems like theres probably some problems that hes neglecting to tell you or they will come soon. i like ludes, but i would stray away from that one

.. There is no swap.

If there is, then I'd be leary of buying it.

so basically you guys think there is no swap and the car is crap cause the outside isnt done up and pretty? i kinda wanted a car that was just motor and stock outside cause im gettin it painted when i get the thing and i didnt see a point in buyin one that was painted.. but im waitin on the guy to get more pics and send them to me and we'll see what it looks like

Remember carfax lies. Just carfax your car and see what it says.

4th gen Preludes are pretty sweet, I love the dash. If the engines in good shape its a quick start to a nice N/a honda you'll have a lead in stock from most other older honda engines but the car is pretty heavy as well.

I definitely wouldn't bother with that without more pics and some credible information. Also when you'll buying modified you got alot more to look at and think about. Cause depending on how modified it is it could look nice but be really beat up on the inside.

so basically you guys think there is no swap and the car is crap cause the outside isnt done up and pretty? i kinda wanted a car that was just motor and stock outside cause im gettin it painted when i get the thing and i didnt see a point in buyin one that was painted.. but im waitin on the guy to get more pics and send them to me and we'll see what it looks like

It seems odd that that is the only picture he has of it at the moment. If he is listing it for sale, you'd think he'd want to include a picture of the engine bay to show this swap. The exterior could be worse, but is a little rough. Where is the car located? I'm pretty sure you said it's a '94, so 2-3 owners isn't bad.

I'd say no. I saw a '93 lude for the same price your wantin to "offer". It was clean as hell, and had nothing at all wrong with it.. Plus as stated, they are a bit on the heavy side. Just look around and find something you "really" want. Unless of course you want this lude, then make an offer and see what he says...

DEF ask for more pics!!! just that one shows nothing is done to that car but wheels, and shouldnt TEINs lower the car at least a inch? looks like stock ride height to me... i say get more pics or this guy is a perp :thumbsup:

::EDIT:: that black VTEC is the B16A3 model right? if so i would LOVE to have that as a project car!!! that is after i finish the evo :)

Archived