Project Sol- Updated 10-6

jerrodh

Hey thanks alot! Taillights are already changed out for blacked out ones. As for lighting etc. I'll probably look into that down the road just want to return the car back to OEM standards (with a few special touches of course) and performance first.

50% tints legallity here in Ohio. I think the tint on there now is alot darker though. Not sure how dark i'm going to go for sure yeah depends on how much cop trouble I want. I might wait to see how loud my exhaust really is before I decide to run illegal tint or not lol...

Tight, lemme see a pic of those tails whenever you have a minute! I want to do CF tails. Totally with you on the OEM stuff. I don't really like going all out JDM personally, but I like keeping it fairly simple and clean, so people have no idea what you're running under the hood. Not a total sleeper, but somewhat. And most body kits are ugly anyways!

Yikes! 50% is light! 35% is the legal in VA, and the Troopers are pretty hard on it. Which I can understand b/c I wouldn't want to walk up to a car not knowing what's behind that window. I'm doing 35% on the sides but 1 1/2% on the rear. In VA, as long as you have two outside mirrors, you can totally block out the rear window. And I know about exhaust. Anything louder than stock in VA is illegal. But I think I'm going to do it anyways. Just keeping everything else legal and keeping my stock system handy ;)

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I kind of agree I'm not going with some huge wing or anything just something similar to the stock or the mugen one. It doesnt look to bad from the rear but Not a fan of the side view of it. Just as you said looks abnormal on the car.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah Idk have to look into it down the road. Good news though I'm closing in on my total funds for my complete changeover if everything goes right hopefully I'll be driving my Sol by the end of July. Its been a long road but it'll be worth it I know it.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright my checks in the mail and I should have the final installment into my car fixing fund. I've also saved up a little extra on the side and I'm going to buy a few extra's. Going to fix my inner door handles, some interior touchs, etc. So Hopefully have alot of pics up here soon.

• 1 month later...

Alright so I have a bit of an update.

My SIR2 swap has been shipped from Japan. Guess they ran out of b16's and I had to wait a few weeks for the next container of them to come in but thats all and done with. My check I was waiting on finally game and it gave me ample time to save up extra money. So I've done some shopping lol. So heres the current list of stuff I'm throwing into my car/doing/redoing soon as the motors dropped in (or while its being thrown in for that matter lol).

Password JDM Intake, Spark Plug Covers, and JDM Leather Shiftboot in shipping.

Skunk 2 Oil cape, Resoviour Covers Shipped.

4x JVC 210watt 6.5's bought at local car-audio meet

Seat covers bought

Samco radiator hoses, Vibrant 4-2-1 Header already bought.

Reverse Flow White Gauges bought off Mitch

Skunk 2 exhaust/testpipe, weighted shiftknob, sparco seat pads, MSD wires

Retinting windows and remounting sub box soon as its driving as well. And I'll be pricing a new headunit (likely a flipout screen) with Sirus satalite radio (maybe?).

Alright work begins tuesday-Wednesday for sure.

Also ordered new floormats/wheel skin and pulstar pulse plugs to go with my MSD wires. Still gotta wait for paycheck to clear then my final purchase of my Jensen Headunit and a 2nd amp will round out my mods for the next few months. Then its all work and finally some play lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the whole switchup with the motor was the shop I'm getting the motor through had ordered 3 motors all together for a few people and somehow the billing to hmotors got lost so now its taken forever. But oh well I've waited this long I guess I can wait awhile. I did get bored and snap some pictures of most of my project goodies so far.

new155.jpg

Skunk2 Megapower Catback Exhaust

new161.jpg

Skunk2 Radiator Cap, Oil Cap, and Weighted Shift knob (FTW)

new162.jpg

Sparco CF pedal Covers/seatbelt pads

new163.jpg

MSD Wires and Pulstar Pulse Plugs (FTMFW)

new164.jpg

Only seat covers I found that I could deal with till I swap in some real seats, Red/black leather steering wheel cover, Password JDM Shift Boot.

new165.jpg

Password JDM CF Intake, CF Spark plug cover, AC breather, White Gauge Faces (Thanks mitch)

new166.jpg

7" Jensen Swival Touchscreen CD/DVD Deck, 4x JVC 6.5's

And here's the girls playing with my new toys.

new160.jpg

new159.jpg

new158.jpg

Not pictured: Vibrant 4-2-1 Header and Testpipe, Red Samco Radiator Hoses, CF Dash Vinyls, Sparco Floor Mats.

Missing: JDM SIRII Swap :mad:

Not sure but I'm going to kill someone if things dont take a turn for the better by the end of next week. Total spent, probably way to much I didn't keep track honestly cause I'm afraid of the number but oh well not like Im missing out on anything else.

Nice choice on the shift knob, lol. I use the S2's in all my cars, and I think I got my brother and a friend hooked on them now too :laugh:

The exhaust is loud as hell, hope you like them that way.

Who did you purchase the swap through?

Why did you get seatbelt pads? I didn't know people still used those in street cars since the 90's, lol.

Yeah I heard the exhaust is really loud but I never have to commute more than 10miles or so anyway so it'll be alright. And I got my swap through Hmotorsonline.com which is surprising me (that I'm having problems) cause I've heard so much good about them. Oh well long as it gets done and done right I'll be happy once its all said and done.

And yes very good call on the shiftknob, I remember reading you talking about how much you liked it in another topic and I was buying a few other skunk2 products already so I added it to my list. Course its not installed yet but I love it already!

Yeah I heard the exhaust is really loud but I never have to commute more than 10miles or so anyway so it'll be alright. And I got my swap through Hmotorsonline.com which is surprising me (that I'm having problems) cause I've heard so much good about them. Oh well long as it gets done and done right I'll be happy once its all said and done.

And yes very good call on the shiftknob, I remember reading you talking about how much you liked it in another topic and I was buying a few other skunk2 products already so I added it to my list. Course its not installed yet but I love it already!

You know its asssholes like you, that make me cry about getting rid of my Sol! :(

That looks like a nice buy long as there are no hidden dangers. Not my choice in rims by far but gez for the money and whats done to it sounds like a deal! Get to driving. What is that like a day for you, lol.

That looks like a nice buy long as there are no hidden dangers. Not my choice in rims by far but gez for the money and whats done to it sounds like a deal! Get to driving. What is that like a day for you, lol.

Probably 1.5 hour flight, and I dont know about drive? >_<

Archived