Project Sol- Updated 10-6

jerrodh

Alright Updated again. I'm settled now. B16 sir II all the way now. I redid my mods list same stuff different motor compatability. Except I cant decide on an intake (see my other topic in engines).

Other than that I cut off some of the BS parts I'll probably never buy or least wont be worrying about anytime soon. With the added performance from the b-series I should be "pretty" set on power once i get a few basic bolt ons.

Except I'm looking for a A/F controller. I was thinking of the hondata s200 system or the Apexi Neo controller. Both have multiple functions that include air/fuel and vtec control.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thing is gonna be CLEAN man.

I'm totally following this build.

Black sols are the crap.

You've got a good project base.

Looks like no rust! Lucky you! Haha.

I like the cleared out front end.

I put clear corners and am doing the bumper reflectors soon too.

You keeping the taillights? Not a fan of clear taillights, but I like those with the tint to them.

How dark tint are you doing windows?

Good looking sol man! Keep up the work!

Hey thanks alot! Taillights are already changed out for blacked out ones. As for lighting etc. I'll probably look into that down the road just want to return the car back to OEM standards (with a few special touches of course) and performance first.

50% tints legallity here in Ohio. I think the tint on there now is alot darker though. Not sure how dark i'm going to go for sure yeah depends on how much cop trouble I want. I might wait to see how loud my exhaust really is before I decide to run illegal tint or not lol...

Ohio Window Tint Law

Ohio Tint Law Enacted: 2004

WindshieldNon-reflective tint is allowed on the top 5 inches of the windshield. Front Side WindowsMust allow more than 50% of light in.Back Side WindowsAny darkness can be used.Rear WindowAny darkness can be used.

*shrugs*

Is that alot darker or lighter than normal?

You said yours is 35%? I might just have to go with that cause I think my current tints about as dark as yours is. Oh well I got pulled over once and they didnt say anything so I'll probably take my chances. Oh well its a $140 ticket I'll just come on here and rant about it once it happens or something lol.

Wow! You are doing a lot to your del sol. Can I buy it when you are done so I have one to match my blue one?:-) j/k

I prefer sticking with my no thrills s series so that I get better fuel efficiency for now...

Yeah I hear you there but still a little 4-banger and I once i get the Del Sol running again I'll probably only have to fill up every other week. I love living right in the middle of school and work. Great! =)

And its definitly an on-going list. It'll probably take me into next spring before I finish off my list unfortantily. By then i'll likely have a new list to add lol.

Looks alot better than my aftermarket rear. Even though my aftermarket rear isn't the worse in the terms of rice I've scene either. Still not OEM so yeah. Don't worry about holding up for me if you find someone else thats interested, but if its still around after I do my swap I'll definitly be nabbing it.

Money, the only b18 I can remotely afford in a timely fashion would be the non-vtec version.

b16a3 > b18b wouldn't you say?

I mean I understand i could just upgrade the head but remember I'm the simple tuner just trying to learn one step at a time. And I was content with the del slow's capabilities before so I think the b16 + bolt ons, etc. will definitly fullfill my needs.

And my Del Sol's on a diet.

Archived