Project Sol- Updated 10-6

jerrodh

So trucks sold so got some funds to work on the car now. F&F Type1 Coilovers ordered, powerslot F/R rotors, and HPS brake pads ordered as well with russel stainless brake line kit. Trying to sourse out a set of steelies so I can get my winter tire on as well and dare I say It I'll have a running car for awhile now lol. Might be driving it this weekend but might not depends on the tire situwation.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All my progress has come from hardship however! ROFL Can't wait till I can start truely "upgrading" rather than forced to replace with parts. Killing my funds really having to do all this right now but it needs done so I have to do it right the first time.

I just bought a set of 14' steelies I was thinking about putting on the hatch for the winter. I have a set of 13' steelies with 3 of the 4 tires in damn nice condition. The fourth one is cupped bad from a blown shock and unless you like "whump, whump, whump, whump, whump, whump, whump, whump, whump, whump," when you drive it should be replaced. There is a set of old 13' CRX Si Phone Dials behind the garage with unknown condition tires and there are the 15' Enkei's on the sedan you see in my sig. The tires on the Enkei's are junk, the wheels are good just ridiculously dirty and caked with brake dust. They are going to be replaced in the spring anyway so if you wanted them I would just switch out with something else I have.

I just bought a set of 14' steelies I was thinking about putting on the hatch for the winter. I have a set of 13' steelies with 3 of the 4 tires in damn nice condition. The fourth one is cupped bad from a blown shock and unless you like "whump, whump, whump, whump, whump, whump, whump, whump, whump, whump," when you drive it should be replaced. There is a set of old 13' CRX Si Phone Dials behind the garage with unknown condition tires and there are the 15' Enkei's on the sedan you see in my sig. The tires on the Enkei's are junk, the wheels are good just ridiculously dirty and caked with brake dust. They are going to be replaced in the spring anyway so if you wanted them I would just switch out with something else I have.

Dang, monster Civic. 14 foot wheels, really? sweet. :happy:

http://media.nextautos.com/wp-content/uplo...ivic-crx-si.jpg

These the kind of CRX rims your refering too? I might have to hit you up on one of the offers planned on just finding something that was passable, touching up and spraypainting them black best I could and have them be my winter tires for the next few years.

• 1 month later...

So haven't really been updating anything since my suspension overhaul. But I finally got a set of winter rims/tires thanks to my brother hooking me up from his work. Did a really rough and quick touchup, didn't turn out perfectly because tires where already mounted so kind of made it harder. But anyway got the rims sanded down a bit and repainted black then a little red lip painted on. Definitly looks better than plain old beat up steelies, I actually like the look more than my old rims. Looks alot more normal being smaller rims. Looks pretty good from a distances and in motion too.

new016.jpg

Not bad for free huh? Sold my rims too for $200.

Archived