HF bandwidth domination thread

lceah

all this talk of weddings brings back un-fond memories of mine own. skip it, go to the justice of the peace and just have a barbecue afterward. (or vegas, or just have your clergy do it at the church in his office)

the wedding was fine, it was the ridiculous expense for something so wasteful. the money would have been better spent paying bills, down payment for a house, or for burning in a bonfire cause you could have at least roasted marshmallows on the fire.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow Ashley that sucks! I was the maid of honor once and the bride said wear whatever you want so I just went and bought a dress in an hour hehe

the money would have been better spent paying bills, down payment for a house, or for burning in a bonfire cause you could have at least roasted marshmallows on the fire.

I agree compllleeeetely! :D

I'm trying to be as cost effective as absolutely possible. hell, I'm DIYing almost all of the decorations, bouquets, pocket squares, centerpieces and anything else I need. And i stopped looking at the $6k dresses and started to look at more reasonably priced ones. Even if I did want that $6k Romona Kerveza dress and nothing else will come close. However, the sheer thought of spending $25k+ on a wedding terrifies me. Luckily, we're not the ones paying for it.

We tried to talk them into bring the people closest to them to Vegas, then coming back and having a big after party. Didn't fly with her fiance, though.

We're DIY'ing a lot, and buying whatever can be at great deals, but it's still $80-90 a head for the reception for 150 people so there's $12,000-13,500 alone. :rolleyes:

LOL you guys...

some people just don't realize it! The wedding I was a bridesmaid for last, the couple is stiiiil paying it off lol craziness!

I say make it cheap and fun and easy-going...it's sooo much more fun and a lot less stressful...lol kinda like the parties I throw! It all comes together last minute really fast and quick! everyone has fun :D they even told me I throw the best parties haha

summer meet, here we come! :D

Yea it's a little irksome......

.... Then I think of the possibilities. :o

Archived