K20 swap

cranny

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I knew what this dude in Tampa had in his k-swap ..

I know he has the different FInal Drive but he's trapping like 130 all motor with spray. Lol. Beating on LS2 GTO's and crap that are modded pretty decently. It's in an '00 SI.

• 2 weeks later...

Whaaa!?! I just jumped into this thread and say pics of a turbo getting put in? Sick a$$...

Edit: Read back a few pages to catch up. Congrats on the car show, though it seems crazy that you only got second in class when a stock guy with a paint job can come up right behind you. Can't see any of the pics, though, since I'm at work and it takes up all my memory to look at more than 5 photos at once on this computer.

This will literally be an incredible build once you are done. Not to say I'm not yet impressed, but I mean a frankenstein K series that's built and boosted? Insane...

Also, congrats on your shop business booming. Sounds great and sounds like as busy as you are you're pretty happy with it. That's awesome, man.

car works fukin GREAT!! , haha. running 6.5 psi , pretty well tuned right now for that number. works excellent. first test dive it blew apart one of the charge pipes( LOL). all good now , loud as hell man , thinking about joining my dumptube to the exhaust cause....wow , dat crap makes noise , lol.

turbo019.jpg

turbo016.jpg

turbo017.jpg

turbo015.jpg

small vid of 2nd or 3rd startup , i had one of me comming onto it but SOMEBODY , lol , erased that crap(my buddy).

th_turbo020.jpg

cranny, now imagine that set up in an insight.

so you and me need to make arrangements for that.

ill drive the subaru up one of these days. i wanna see your car in person.

Rick, if you take a road trip up that direction I want in on that, and I might know another HFer who would as well...

oh but of course my friend.

who you bringin?

after all the driving im doing at the moment, i wouldnt mind someone else taking the wheel for awhile.

cranny, now imagine that set up in an insight.

so you and me need to make arrangements for that.

ill drive the subaru up one of these days. i wanna see your car in person.

Or in a CRX :ninja:

• 3 weeks later...

well i got on a dyno for the first time tonite. my injectors are maxxing out at exactly 6600 rpm , lol , i redline at 8500 , lol. i was revving the car to 7 , but it was leaning out a bit. at 6 psi , i put down 240whp , and 180wt. not a bad start considering what im working with , lol. plus i had vtec set to low(5k , should be 55k , maybe 6) , which I only realized after seeing the power curves. comming next week , 8 psi , 750cc injectors and a 255 walbro. more to come.

how much money? i dont wanna talk about it , lol. alot. and it still has dents! , lol.

boosted jordan , part of the dark side now , lol.

heres a few more pics of my car actually on the dyno , il have videos as well whenever my buddy vince gets the time to firewire them off.

jeffscivicondyno1.jpg

jeffscarondyno2.jpg

jeffscarondyno3.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived