K20 swap

cranny

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes i trap as high of speeds some runs as guys i know who run lower 11's. just cant get this big heavy piece of crap off the line , lol. and i have yet to play with a healthy tranny and clutch so.

yes i trap as high of speeds some runs as guys i know who run lower 11's. just cant get this big heavy piece of crap off the line , lol. and i have yet to play with a healthy tranny and clutch so.

you do any spinning at all?

i know with most cars if they spin at all the trap is higher than it should be..

if not, i'm thrown for a loop and your car pulls hard as hell and needs so beef ass axles so you can drop the hammer on it from the launch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

my drivetrains new home. picked this up for nothing for doing a little work for a buddy. excellent shape im finding out as i go. little rust on the rear lips and thats it. shes gutted to her nuts now. i got an 8 point cage to put in it right now. will be picking at it more that im moved into my new place and life is calmer again , lol.

some pics of her:

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

the dirty D say bye bye

IMG_0010.jpg

in my new shop:

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

my drivetrains new home. picked this up for nothing for doing a little work for a buddy. excellent shape im finding out as i go. little rust on the rear lips and thats it. shes gutted to her nuts now. i got an 8 point cage to put in it right now. will be picking at it more that im moved into my new place and life is calmer again , lol.

lucky bastard... lol. btw you wanna come drop off your engine hoist and lemme borrow it for a couple days? hehe.. j/k. but anywho you sir are gonna have a nasty lil hatchy once your said and done. try not to catch this one on fire lol. what you doin with the type s ?

very nice. you are gonna preassure wash the bay before the k goes in right? id say if you didnt live in canada id by the d off of you lol. keep up the good work cranman

buddy this car is going to undergo many changes , just wait and see what i got planned.

when do you plan on starting it? i wanna see this done by tomorrow morning so get on it . lol. j/k but seriously when do you think you'll have it done by? or atleast driveable cause i know your never actually done with something you always want more hehe

of course its gonna be boosted , lol. my current drivetrain is going in this hatch. as far as completion goes , thats like asking when the world will end , lol.

removing stock mount

IMG_0043.jpg

avid piece , which i will be welding on

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

avid mounts

IMG_0044.jpg

karcepts shift adapter and em2 cables

IMG_0042.jpg

hybrid conversion harness

IMG_0045.jpg

so if you are transferring your current drivetrain what is to become of the type s? you transferring all your other hybrid parts to it as well? putting the civic back together to sell off or just drive as a grocery getter?

i would like to know the same thing^

i wanna come up and check out the hatch when you get it running and such. down here in maine theres not a very big tuner seen and id love to check out a k20 hatch. are you gonna keep it looking stock? or do you plan on paint and body kit? i think stock looking would be the balls no one would expect a boosted k20 but then again with you driving im sure people wouldnt put it past you. your prolly pretty well known in your area

yes the em2 will hopefully be sold. i just want rid of it to help fund this. this is gonna be a drag car sol , no dash no interior no nothing.

little more progress , car is pretty much a shell besides some wiring , rear sus. , and glass. little bit of body work and a cage welded in comming next.

IMG_0054.jpg

shot from the rear , forward from under where gas tank was. just to show the condition of the car. even the lines were all mint.

IMG_0053.jpg

front subframe and some bits , lol

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

how she sits now

IMG_0050.jpg

very excited about making some progress on this. good times. next round of photos will be with an actual camera i promise , lol.

oh i see. thats no fun you should make it your dd.

i take it that car started as an autotragic ??? or did you remove the clutch pedal for some reason ? i deff wanna come up and see you run that bish down the track. hopefully mine will be boosted by then and we can linem up just for fun =D

Archived