K20 swap

cranny

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sweet cranny. GT35 on a K24/K20 hybrid. Not messin' around this time eh?

benny is a friend of mine locally i copy and pasted that , lol. he ran 493 wheel wheel with this turbo on a B20vtec built to the 9.

no more messing around nate , im gettin er done , lol. engine goes together this week. pull my engine out , tear it down and get what i need for the new engine , windage tray , oil pump , head etc. assemble the new engine. put in my new fuel system. get new engine in and running , and tune it. i got 2 weeks , lol. less really. gonna be tight.

this years look , 07 acura tl type s wheels , with goodyear eagle somin or other(lol) , 215/45/17. rims are 17x8. im liking it alot.

STA76864.jpg

STA76867.jpg

STA76868.jpg

Sorry to say, I'm not liking them. Cranster, is your car lowered, because it doesn't appear so. Maybe that would help, because those are some skinny -a** tires.

EDIT: Actually its just the first pic that's throwing me off. Maybe they just need a good wash and a daytime pic.

yes its lowered , just not unpractically slammed to the ground. its just cause its dark and the dirt is fukin it up. it is dirty. skinny tires? haha , they are 215's buddy. middle pic is the best although didnt come out the best.

where i stand right now , engine out and ripped down. crank in the k24 bottom. flywheel stepped and ready. sending unit out to install pump and change over return system. ran into a snag with piston rings. i ordered a set from CP which is in cali , cause buddy i bought them from said a ring was missing off one of the pistons. never really looked closer than that till today. and nova , my machine shop , even had these for a week. one piston like he said , was missing a ring. another one of them had a broken ring. and another piston has a bent ring. just fawking lovely. props to him for being a stand up guy thouh , covered cost of one set , more than he had too really , and i thank him. so i called buddy at CP back , freddy his name is , got 3 more sets of rings comming , fuk it putting all new ones on after this episode. 60 bucks US to have them here monday. not bad really i guess , what choice do i have. they better be here monday , lol.

STA76876.jpg

STA76877.jpg

STA76878.jpg

STA76879.jpg

why cranny thank you for building my motor for me :D lol

no problem , that will be 4500 bucks please , haha.

well UPS fuked me. i payed big money to have my rings overnighted to me friday at lunch. buddy assured me id have them yesterday , monday. apparently , UPS fuked something up , noone will claim responsibility , go figure. i called CP yesterday at supper after not getting them. buddy told me hes not sure whats going on but they are still in california. UPS says earliest ill have them is wednesday at supper. fuking lovely. all UPS would say is "there was a problem in transit". meaning they are incompetent and someone didnt do thier job obviously. they were scanned by UPS 9pm on friday. CP shipped them mid afternoon friday.

if i get my rings by wednesday night , who wants to take bets if ill get it done in time? haha.

well UPS fuked me. i payed big money to have my rings overnighted to me friday at lunch. buddy assured me id have them yesterday , monday. apparently , UPS fuked something up , noone will claim responsibility , go figure. i called CP yesterday at supper after not getting them. buddy told me hes not sure whats going on but they are still in california. UPS says earliest ill have them is wednesday at supper. fuking lovely. all UPS would say is "there was a problem in transit". meaning they are incompetent and someone didnt do thier job obviously. they were scanned by UPS 9pm on friday. CP shipped them mid afternoon friday.

if i get my rings by wednesday night , who wants to take bets if ill get it done in time? haha.

Sorry to hear this man. I'm not a big UPS fan either.....a lot of problems with either shipping delays or a package arriving damaged somehow... I always use FedEx when possible.

Maybe there was a miscommunication and UPS doesn't speak Canadian well :laugh:

Damn, your car and engine just keep getting more interesting.

I enjoy wrenching when I can but your ability to tear the hell out of something and put it back together, seemingly without any effort, is just excellent.

How long before a magazine article for you?

ill give you $5 and a candy bar.

lol sucks about ups though. ive never had any problems with them, but i guess nobody is perfect. but not owning up to their mistake is bs. maybe its becuase they have to deliver 5000 ricer wings...haha jk hope you get the parts tomorrow. and ill take $5 if you get the motor done in time :)

35th annual castrol radical speedsport. big car show few hours away from me. but looks like ive waited a year for nothing. i took 2nd best in class last year. i figured i had 1st locked solid this year , but , cant take first from home , lol.

well , the short story. my car was supposed to be at the coliseum no later than 11pm thursday night. i never got my dam rings in the mail till 6pm supper thursday after being up the whole day of course since 7am or so. i was tapping the pistons in the engine at 6:30 pm. the car was ready to drive at 6am friday. at this point i had already be told to get there by 11am frday , they would let me in as the show didnt start till 2pm friday. started first shot , bled coolant , checked oil. no leaks worked great , left for the show at 7am. my ow stupid tired ass self , left the flex hose way too close to the downpipe , went to step on the clutch 45 mins into the 2.5 hour drive , nothing , stayed to the floor , i was like crap , lol. pulled over , checked , burnt through it of course. quick run to local hichville parts store. tried a quick fix that simply wouldnt fix it as it wouldnt bleed. so i said frack it , drove it the rest of the way with no clutch , lol. wasnt too bad never grinded it once , rev matching for the win , lol. was pushing the car into the coliseum at 12pm , lol. finally got to sleep at 7pm friday. 36 hours straight , lol.

cause of the time crunch i was under i have not one picture of the build itself , and none of the car as of yet. comming soon i promise , little vid too. this i will tel you , the car is a FUKING ANIMAL , lol.

well , the short story. my car was supposed to be at the coliseum no later than 11pm thursday night. i never got my dam rings in the mail till 6pm supper thursday after being up the whole day of course since 7am or so. i was tapping the pistons in the engine at 6:30 pm. the car was ready to drive at 6am friday. at this point i had already be told to get there by 11am frday , they would let me in as the show didnt start till 2pm friday. started first shot , bled coolant , checked oil. no leaks worked great , left for the show at 7am. my ow stupid tired ass self , left the flex hose way too close to the downpipe , went to step on the clutch 45 mins into the 2.5 hour drive , nothing , stayed to the floor , i was like crap , lol. pulled over , checked , burnt through it of course. quick run to local hichville parts store. tried a quick fix that simply wouldnt fix it as it wouldnt bleed. so i said frack it , drove it the rest of the way with no clutch , lol. wasnt too bad never grinded it once , rev matching for the win , lol. was pushing the car into the coliseum at 12pm , lol. finally got to sleep at 7pm friday. 36 hours straight , lol.

cause of the time crunch i was under i have not one picture of the build itself , and none of the car as of yet. comming soon i promise , little vid too. this i will tel you , the car is a FUKING ANIMAL , lol.

man that sucks, hope you get it back up and running.

i know man im just messin with ya , lol.

why in the frack do i have to log in every time i visit here now? annoying as fuk.

i know man im just messin with ya , lol.

why in the frack do i have to log in every time i visit here now? annoying as fuk.

so is the car done yet? youre wasting time being on here tlaking haha jk

Archived