X's civic project thread

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

under normal circumstances i would, but hes 50, with 4 kids and makes 4x what i does given his lead mech/master mech status

compareth to hes SC stang mine honda is a worthless pos

every shop you will ever go to in ohio has a ginormous sign that says they are not responsible for vehicles on the lot, and in ohio that is how it goes.

my wife had an interesting take on it: sell the car (it doesn't actually need anything), pocket the insurance payout and get this instead:

0102040104120116062008032833118dedb6e1aee81300c091.jpg

actually, i went ahead and bought it. she is mine. i shall take possession Monday at 11am.

gonna sell the red one soon then

could have, but they want 2500 more then i bought the HB for and it has 40k more miles on it to boot, although it is nice and shiny clean. if its not too crappy outside tomorrow I shall take pics and start a new thread.

btw, know anyone that wants a 95 sedan?

if you are actually serious hit me with a pm. i'll have it in the classifieds and local craigslist in another couple days. i have a few things i need to finish up on it for it to be sale-worthy and then my baby is outta here

• 6 months later...

Time for a revival:

Not that anyone didn't already know this, but the Sedan was retained. The wife was pressuring me to sell it when we got the hatch. She realized the error in that decision: No more sedan means I would tinker with the hatch. Now she doesn't bug me to sell it and I don't have to beat her to leave me alone. :crazy:

Updated:

I love my car. The more I fix the more it fails. And I like it.

Complete - Integra Rear Disc Conversion: including GSR Booster, GSR MC, GSR Prop Valve, Steel Braided Lines, OE Calipers, Brembo Rotors, Axxis Pads.

75% Complete - F&F Coilovers, Front and Rear Skunk2 Adjustable Control Arms, Energy Suspension Bushings, Carbing Body Braces. Hopefully be finished enough for preliminary pics Saturday Afternoon.

Obtained - Z6 Trans (Thanks Jarrod!)

Near future - Flywheel, D-Series Header, CAI

Put y8 build on hold for now. I'm still fiddling with it but I don't have the time to put into it right now.

Trying to decide which swap would work best for me for the medium-term future: d16z6, d15b, d16zc: Not sure yet.

Oh your welcome! I ended up selling $250 worth of parts out of the remaining of my motor Jason. Do you have the type 1 or type 2 F&F coilovers? I'm thinking about getting them for the sol here soon to get it up and driving again.

I originally had Type II's with the adjustable dampening that I bought for $760 shipped.

I must have found them when they were liquidating inventory. About that same time they were redoing the logo and theme of the company to make it more edgy. Two months later after they were stolen and I had received my insurance check the price of the Type II's had gone up to $1200.

I had to take the $760 insurance money and buy the reskinned Type I's for $650. They are now black springs, gold anodized shaft with a bright orange shock, the original Type II's I had were a metallic pink-ish color on the shock.

Quite a story, someone seriously ganked your coilovers (On the car)?

And yeah I think im gonna roll with the type I's as well really affordable for entry level coilovers that I've heard alot of posititve about. I mean I'm not building a full blown track car so anythings better than nothing and these seem like the best bang for the buck.

Quite a story, someone seriously ganked your coilovers (On the car)?

And yeah I think im gonna roll with the type I's as well really affordable for entry level coilovers that I've heard alot of posititve about. I mean I'm not building a full blown track car so anythings better than nothing and these seem like the best bang for the buck.

IIRC they were in the back seat, waiting to be installed.

Kastigir is correct.

All my goodies are installed. Just rolled it out of the garage for a pic and a test roll around the block. I need to make a few adjustments yet. The front needs to come up another 1/2in or so as I rub a bit when I get on the brakes hard going into a tight corner.

BEFORE:

x252.jpg

AFTER:

DSCF1902.jpg

Kastigir is correct.

All my goodies are installed. Just rolled it out of the garage for a pic and a test roll around the block. I need to make a few adjustments yet. The front needs to come up another 1/2in or so as I rub a bit when I get on the brakes hard going into a tight corner.

BEFORE:

x252.jpg

AFTER:

DSCF1902.jpg

Lip?

In time....

I know I am going to have problems.... My cat and resonator only clear 3in from the ground.

Assend shot - but height isn't correct in this one as the front is on blocks for me to get my jack under the front.

DSCF1904.jpg

Archived