X's civic project thread

F2s have arrived. WOOT!

x241.jpg

haven't even taken them out of the box yet. :( Too cold to install them and not enough time right now anyway.

my car still has a pretty far off camber in the rear when stock, I bet it ends up being horrible after I drop it. time will tell.

I fixed my non-responsive climate control, damn fuses! It was an undocumented fuse under the dash that was missing. Had to trace the wiring from the climate control back to the fuse block to realize it though. This may have fixed my radiator fan not turning on, but it's too cold outside to test it.

After the coilovers I'm not sure what to do next. header, intake, sway bars, mini-me, trans rebuild, stock spoiler, intake mani, y8 head p&p, these are all options. Just trying to decide whats next for me to tinker with

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I fixed my non-responsive climate control, damn fuses! It was an undocumented fuse under the dash that was missing. Had to trace the wiring from the climate control back to the fuse block to realize it though. This may have fixed my radiator fan not turning on, but it's too cold outside to test it.

After the coilovers I'm not sure what to do next. header, intake, sway bars, mini-me, trans rebuild, stock spoiler, intake mani, y8 head p&p, these are all options. Just trying to decide whats next for me to tinker with

that fuse could of played a big part if yoru overheating. i'd do the camber kit then, a header and intake personally. i ate up tires like a mo'fo when i had a bad camber in my civic.

two new pics for your viewing enjoyment, or horror depending on your tastes:

First pic are the eBay projectors. Just fit them this morning. Won't know until tonight how they look in the dark. May not look the greatest to some of you, but definately look better then the broken stock that were installed to begin with.

Second pic is the stock camber. Only suspension change currently are the rear LCAs, which wouldn't have changed camber alone.

x252.jpg

x251.jpg

I haven't wired the halos yet. still trying to find a switch. Correct me if I am wrong, but the empty switch location on my DX next to the rear window defroster just to the right of the steering wheel was for the factory fog light switch, was it not?

one camber kit coming up I guess. only thing I can figure is that the rear shocks/springs are blown and that is what is causing the bad camber to start with. The ass end does sit lower then the front, by almost an inch.

trying to decide if I should have the wheels painted gunmetal or leave them as they are (if I go with gunmetal I may just buy new ones instead of repaint, i dunno). Maybe a lip kit. I want to keep the exterior as low key as possible. Doing something with the wheels, lip and a factory spoiler, debadge and maybe some basic tint and that should be it.

• 1 month later...

don't everyone jump up and shout. skunk2 front and rear camber kits are in hand. try and get the whole setup installed once things thaw out a bit. Since my alignment will be fixed at the same time I have been looking into some new treads and some new cheap wheels for the 4dr. tell me what you think? Make fun of my cheap wheel choices all you want, but these three choices range in price from $250-$300 per set. With the tires I want it should be in the neighborhood of 6-7 bills max. If you have another suggestion please post it.

NEXO-TS-8PCDPOL-GM_z.gif

NEXO-T-3-BK_z.gif

EXEL-RACE-BK_z.gif

These three 15" installed on this with an approximately 2in drop in the works:

x252.jpg

Looks like EJ1 lamps on it in the sig. I'd have gone with smoked headlamps and smoked amber corners myself.

Dunno though. That's why the only sedan I'll touch is a 96/00 lol.

Or an Integra.

I think the first set of rims would look badass as they're gunmetal and you can't go wrong with gunmetal and red.

gunmetal and red was deffo my thought. The dx color scheme has grown on me, with the unpainted black trim as accent I think it looks pretty sharp. Believe me, I tried to find 4dr smoked ambers. they don't exist in the us at a reasonable price. I liked the ones in the sig, and I would have kept them except I lost one. And for some reason every boneyard within 40-50 miles of me has had all the civic corners removed from them, and the couple I found on ebay weren't colored the same. *shrug* no idea on that one. So I just got the one pieces and called it a day. I think they don't look bad really. as long as I keep the rest of the visual rice to a minimum it is not too over the top.

Never really cared for the 96/00 sedans, or the 01-05 either for the matter. I really dig the 06+ thought. I would give my left nut for one, possibly my right nut too if it was an SI

gunmetal and red was deffo my thought. The dx color scheme has grown on me, with the unpainted black trim as accent I think it looks pretty sharp. Believe me, I tried to find 4dr smoked ambers. they don't exist in the us at a reasonable price. I liked the ones in the sig, and I would have kept them except I lost one. And for some reason every boneyard within 40-50 miles of me has had all the civic corners removed from them, and the couple I found on ebay weren't colored the same. *shrug* no idea on that one. So I just got the one pieces and called it a day. I think they don't look bad really. as long as I keep the rest of the visual rice to a minimum it is not too over the top.

Never really cared for the 96/00 sedans, or the 01-05 either for the matter. I really dig the 06+ thought. I would give my left nut for one, possibly my right nut too if it was an SI

Dunno about all THAT but..

I'll keep my eyes open for decent headlamps and corners and should I find some I'll run it by you.

I'll keep my eyes open for decent headlamps and corners and should I find some I'll run it by you.

Please do. The ones in there are wonderfully dim compared to stock. hard as hell to drive at night. would go for a nice quality set as long as they were under a bill.

i had 1 projector headlight and 1 stock thats how they were when i bought the car and you could almost never see the projector light lol the bulbs you can get at autozone i saw them there when i replaced the projector with stock had one light blue and one yellow lol havent tested the new lights yet as im waiting on my engine to come in

• 1 month later...

christ, all that stuff i was installing: gone

being i do not have a desire to wallow in a flooded gravel driveway and i did not have a press I took the car to my friends shop to have the remainder of the energy suspension kit, the front and rear skunk2 stuff, and the F2 coilovers installed. while it was waiting to be worked on in the service lot someone broke into the car and stole everything out of it before it could even be installed.

bah! now I have to deal with some insurance crap and rebuy and wait for everything to be shipped. Another two weeks with the car down. :mad:

Archived