X's civic project thread

I got my UCAs, struts, and springs off a teg for my last sol. I'm guessing nearly all of the suspension components would be shared, but that is just a guess. Obviously it's not all true since the bolts and stuff don't line up as you say.

Have you looked into energy suspension bushings?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

for anyone that cares the fracktards at tunerzimage are, well, fracktards. Bought a set of LCAs from them. description of product said in stock ready to ship, in fine print at the bottom is also says if it is backordered to allow 2 weeks for delivery (they don't tell you an item is backordered - before or after you pay for the item). backordering and such is no big deal, it happens all the time but don't advertise next day shipping on something you don't have in stock! I sent a bunch of emails their way bitching about slow shipping (5 emails over 7 days). They sent me a fake fedex tracking number after 4 days. I finally called and brought all this to their attention and they apologized and said they would refund me - still pending. In the meantime I have received responses to two more emails I sent to them, both responses included fake fedex tracking numbers for something they don't have in stock and something that I am supposedly being refunded for. They have until Monday to straighten this crap up. On Monday I can file with my CC for non-delivery of goods and get my money back the easy way.

On a different note: apparently I have a thing for right side turn signals falling out. the civ lost it's front RH one last week in a construction zone. just going to replace both headlights with some ebay specials. Add some comments post something else if you have a better suggestion. Here are the ones I found, I like the first and third ones myself :

HEADLIGHTS_BLACK_92CIVIC4D_JDMSET.jpg

5158.jpg

PRO-YD-HC921P-23D-AM-SMB.jpg

HR3003A1-B2Y.jpg

2LHPCV923JMKS.gif

yeah i like the first and third ones as well

i am assuming you meant the first and fourth ones - the jdm style units. i didn't like the two piece design though. I would have much rather had the one piece units. My first preference would have been the projector style units in #3 - they were one piece and no amber. I'm not sold on the amber on red color combo....

I dunno. I'll probably get the first ones. They were like $50 plus $15 for shipping - really cheap.

Did you order the LCA's with spherical bushings? If so, get a refund on them since they havent been shipped to you, and get an Energy Suspension bushing kit like John posted. I have one, its nice. I would not reccomend spherical bushings for a daily driver.

i am assuming you meant the first and fourth ones - the jdm style units. i didn't like the two piece design though. I would have much rather had the one piece units. My first preference would have been the projector style units in #3 - they were one piece and no amber. I'm not sold on the amber on red color combo....

I dunno. I'll probably get the first ones. They were like $50 plus $15 for shipping - really cheap.

no i meant the first and third. the first one if you want the amber look, and the third one if you want a one piece clean look

need something that will fit the eg9 though. the ones you posted are sexy though.

definitely the downfall of pimping a 4d. all the best/most available parts are 2d/3d

Did you order the LCA's with spherical bushings? If so, get a refund on them since they havent been shipped to you, and get an Energy Suspension bushing kit like John posted. I have one, its nice. I would not reccomend spherical bushings for a daily driver.

no i didn't get the sphericals. i picked up a set of ES trailing arm bushings and was trying to get a simple set of blox lcas since they come with all new poly bushngs anyway. all the places selling blox crap suck. looks like I will have to find something ksport or omni to even find a vendor thats not a flake.

EDIT: WTF HAXORS?! I double posted in my own thread! Egad, I'm a newb!

• 1 month later...

Overheating issue has been traced to the following: Every single thing related to temperature control in the car is non-functional. I thought it was just a radiator fan issue. Turns out that the interior climate control panel has absolutely no power, same as my fan. I have no heat, no blower, no rad fan and no lights on the vent buttons. I have already pulled every fuse under the dash and under the hood. I have also swapped all the relays from the under hood fuse/relay box with the del sol relays and no change. Anyone have a suggestion where to look next? My best guess is that I accidently removed something I needed when I gutted the AC, or I disconnected something and forgot to hook it back up. I'll be dammed if I can figure it out though.

Rear disc conversion is finished. Only drove it very minimal as I found out that the continued clunking in the front end has to do with the right side front LCA has one of the bushings completely missing. Just ordered the Energy Suspension master kit and will just start replacing them all as I go along.

Another question: Open discussion on if replacing other control arms are worth the effort and cash. Already replaced the rear LCAs, I plan on doing the rear UCAs with adjustable units when I drop the car in the spring sometime.

I was trolling through some old threads about suspension setups (yeah, i'm not a newb anymore...I know what the search button does :p)

I found a reference that Nancy made about F2 coilover setups. This look very sharp and are a fair price for an adjustable dampening setup.

F2 Link

type2eg-small.jpg

not sure how long the sale will last. If I buy them they might sit for a month before being installed. robear's sale price is 60 less then normal. I wonder if the savings would be worth losing a month off the 1yr warranty...

did a little bargaining via HT chat with this guy and ended up paying 760 to my door for the F2. sent payment yesterday. with the holiday I don't really expect to get these before new year, but we will see.

btw, the guys over at energy suspension parts rock. I bought the master kit and paid last wednesday night. the package was on my door step the next tuesday. a very welcome change from the normal. they actually stock their parts that they list for sale and when you pay them they ship that stuff stat!

Archived