pics of ur dream wheel/wheels ur plan to get?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Racers don't give two craps what their cars look like. If a wheel is light and a good size, they'll use it.

can't speak for all "racers" bro.:thumbsup: but "true" racers ride on small wheels...or them ugly chrome wheels that are wrapped around slicks or hoosiers...i think its hoosiers??

yeah, this thread is for people who want to or plans to put on aftermarket wheels to enhance their cars looks. not for "true hardcore racers" like you ssr....

I saw some hella cool wheels on two different cars at my college, but I can't remember the name or brand, I'll try to get piccys and you guys can help me out. Both are 5 spokes from copmanies I haven't heard of before, and I think they're both semi-dish.

• 2 weeks later...

17 lbs isn't too bad for street use. If you're going to be worrying about a couple pounds difference, why not leave out the spare tire and never fill the gas tank up past half full? lol. or how about taking up anorexia to drop a few pounds? SSR you gotta keep in mind that not everyone on here is a hardcore racer. To get a 17" or 18" wheel under 17lbs, you usually have to pay twice the price. Not everyone can afford to spend that much on wheels. Those few pounds would make very little difference for street use. For street use, most people would put appearance and price way ahead of the weight.

For street use, why not get a car and keep it stock? Who cares what it looks like? You don't need wheels that look overly large and dumb to go to the grocery store or school.

On a track, those wheels suck. I'd rather put my wheels on and add the difference of mine and those to the car itself. Unsprung weight is worse than chassis weight.

I don't know who in their right mind would want those orange rims. Maybe throw those on one of those joke custom cars with cardboard spoilers. For quality wheels at discount prices check out www.1010tires.com

that's a pretty ignorant comment for a wheel salesman...

a lot of japanese cars have red, orange, green wheels... and considering a lot of market these days is japanese replicas, i wouldn't necessarily say that no one would want those "orange wheels"

anyway, as far as i go, i won't say what wheels, but they're volks... i'll be purchasing them in a few months or so after i get a few more things finished with the crx :)

I never said nobody would want orange rims....I said nobody in their right mind would want orange rims. Wheels are all about personal opinion and I personally think they're ugly. Just because I sell wheels, it doesn't mean that I have to like every model out there. Next thing I know, you'll be expecting me to like those butt ugly 2 foot tall spoilers that make a car look like a spaceship.

I never said nobody would want orange rims....I said nobody in their right mind would want orange rims.

just read this over a few times... i cant believe you actually said that though.. haha you set yourself up bigtime :thumbsup:

I never said nobody would want orange rims....I said nobody in their right mind would want orange rims. Wheels are all about personal opinion and I personally think they're ugly. Just because I sell wheels, it doesn't mean that I have to like every model out there. Next thing I know, you'll be expecting me to like those butt ugly 2 foot tall spoilers that make a car look like a spaceship.

i mentioned you being a salesman of wheels due to what a good portion of the market desires at this point in time, which is jdm style vehicles. what the market is like right now has nothing to do with your own personal taste.

Next thing I know, you'll be expecting me to like those butt ugly 2 foot tall spoilers that make a car look like a spaceship.

Fitting though. But tell me. How is that related to tires? Or Wheels...that IS what you sell right. Also, spaceship has fins, and wings, not huge aluminum spoilers.

Archived