Stock primaries

VTEC controller recommended

Rocket Motorsports M22X

Duration at .050": 260/255

Kick stock primaries ass

Crower S2's with Crower valve train retail: $1,013

RM M22X cam/VT package (includes chip) retail: $980

I kick retails ass.

Crowers break because of crap ramp rates.

thats just bullcrap. its not like there grinding cams for the first time SSR. every company that makes a fukin cam for a car now knows whats works and what doesnt. stop the bullcrap. they wouldnt grind a cam with a profile that isnt going to work now cmon.

and as for your stats on duration , that little more duration is fine and dandy , but its not far off from crowers stage 2 mind you slightly longer(its like RM's stage 2 is almost crowers stage3 , duration wise). but noone mentions any lift , why is that? duration is only half the game , what about lift numbers? crower advertises lift with 1.55 rockers at 4.66 intake , 4.66 exhaust. whats RM's?

The only way for me to prove that is for you talk to anyone who does a lot of track driving.

I have had two friends have Crower 2's, and while they worked, they gave crapt for power. In my buddy's B16, it did nothing hardly. He swapped them for some Toda cams and they screamed. I know or a fact that the RM's are Toda Killers. Ask anyone who builds motors about Crower.

Regardless, get what you want. But why spend more money for less quality and power?

Don't get why you're stuck on less power.

i'm trying to save money, i don't care if i have the fastest car in my area or not.

Maybe less power, just because he would rather save money?

Just a guess...

wow, a noob understands.... maybe i could be a little tight on money?

and who said crower valve train?

i could get RM or omni for around 300, get crowers (find a deal) for 400, and thats 700 bucks... wow, thats 280 i saved....

280 could buy alot, half the headwork from RM, new intake manifold plus some cash leftover, new flywheel, etc...

I have to say that I'm with Cranny on this one. If RM is such an incredible company and makes such top notch products (not saying they don't persay) then they would be huge by now. Companies don't make it huge from have crappy products. THey have it from building on a reputation. If RM's are so much better for a much better price, then why is there company not growing at a insanely rapid rate? If they are growing at a rapid rate, then why don't they have a website with dyno graphs, etc.... I personally would feel better buying from a company that's been around for decades and proven they're ground, than from a company that has a good reputation by word of mouth from some guys on the internet.

Its not even that im dissing RM , im sure they make great cams , with crower blanks mind you. Im more defending crower. regardless of what others say , the cams strength is in the makeup of the metal its comprised of. if they use crower blanks , its for a reason. Ramp rate this , duration that , like i said before , at this point in the car vamping world , theres no secrets , there no special cam profile that one company has that noone else knows about. they know what works and what doesnt. I mean cmon. as far as duration goes , you can only go so high anyways , until you need different pistons to allow relief. but lift on the other hand , you can go extreme even with stock pistons. you say that RM cam profile you posted is better than crowers stage 2 , well no crap , look at the numbers , lol. Although we still havent seen lift numbers , or a fukin website still(at least i havent) , to read about these marvels of modern science of cams , lol.

solles you say one set of cams made the engine scream , one didnt. Although both measurements matter of course , lift is what changes the sound of an engine the most , not duration.

duration = how long of a breath the engine takes

lift = allowing as much air as it can take in the time allotted.

crower + making cams for 60 years = quality product with good warranty.

oh man.

i'm getting crower 2's. not because i'm hard headed, but because they are affordable and i'm not worried about getting the max HP possible.

i'm some brand with a decent reputation for the valvetrain, not some ebay knockoff (omni, rm, etc...)

thats what i want, thats what i'm gonna get. not arguing with anyone but money is an issue if i want this build done by next spring. i have at least 9 birthdays, christmas, my anniversary, girls birthday, dads 40th, a flight out of state for a wedding, etc... to pay for

i would love to try to use RM, but its not in the cards right now. maybe for a build after this one.

cranny, just STFU. You don't know crap.

Crowers break because of the ramp rate. Call Brad at RLZ (you should know his number) and ask him. He did headwork for Rousch (Nascar division) for 8 years. He can verify thats why they break.

Rocket doesn't care about being known. Thats why there are no graphs on his website. Cars that are winning are using RM (Honda Challange, Euro rally series, drag cars). If you think Rocket doesn't have a good rep, then why did Leslie Durst have him do work on her car?

$280 is jack crap when building an engine. $280 more and you'd be crying versus just grinning when you get on it.

M24X.com is RM's wesbite. Lift can be found on there. You'll have to do the math yourself.

cranny aint pwnt , not by that spoiled prick. tired of his know it all mouth. your right SSR , i dont know crap , absolutely nothing about hondas or cars at all , its obvious of that. grinding in reverse is normal , crower doesnt know how to grind a cam for crap , RM are the best cams in the universe , and generally everything you say , cause you are king of the universe dude , and if you dont beleve him , just ask him. must be nice THINKING you know everything , that way you dont have to learn anything. you can just ask all the other people you know , cause thats all you do. you dont know crap on your own , your on toher guys cocks asking how crap works. you prolly never even turned a wrench fukin sissy boy. go blow your RM rep.

at least what i speak is truth , im nice to everyone , and dont shoot others down for thier opinions. i always answer everyones questions as best i can cause regardless of what you say , i do know what im talking about. you just cant stand another guy that can , cause that threatens your king of HF aura. your a joke. little boy still. ugly one at that.

lol

Grinding in reverse is normal.

Crower breaks due to ramp rates.

Other than Crane rollers, RM cams are about the best you can get.

I'm flattered that you put me and king of HF in the same sentence. Thank you.

I'll just blow myself since I'm a DEALER. I don't go through reps.

Jealous since I talk to the big people in the industry to get pointers and you don't? I think so.

would you guys recommend crane cam? i never offically left them out.

lets leave it at this, i'm not getting RM, plain and simple. i'm not doing an extreme build, plain and simple.

so, what about crane? what are opinions on them?

everyone just give it the f*ck up. no one is gonna be happy either way, you can either help me out or not. i'm not getting RM cams, for the last time. the end.

SSR, pm me when you get the full price on that piston work i talked about

will be getting RM headwork done sometime this winter/late winter.

otherwise, BESIDES cams over about 550, what are some good cams? lets start over from the first ones i listed.

Archived