need CAMS for operation D-RICE!

I am studying it, so i'll tell you what I know. Do YOU know the elastic modulus of steel or aluminum? Do YOU know the ultimate tensile strength of 1018CD steel?

And yes i know there is different kinds of aluminum alloys. I'm not dumb. But that doesn't make my statement false. I was just using the metal aluminum as an example saying that a metal is a metal is a metal. Ok? Just because I don't know as much about hondas as you doesn't mean I know nothing about everything else in the world.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crowers were breaking while RM's being made at the same time weren't. If you don't believe me do some research on it. I had a set of Crowers break on an engine I built. Last set of Crowers I'll ever use.

No it doesn't. Aluminum is aluminum. Steel is steel. And chromoly is chromoly. Etc...

It's the process you use to get the metal ready to be manufactured. Like how it is heat treated or something.

Or it could depend on the actual material chosen like whether you choose 1045 steel over 1020. Alloy composition is another thing too. Do I need to get into that?

I seriously hope you were just kidding about that statement.....cause that was really, really dumb.

So SSR where did the ramp rate theory of yours all of a sudden go?

god forbid he admits he learned something or was wrong , i just did , crap happens. i was wrong. its cause hes arrogant pyro , not hard to tell that , no offense SSR but its true man,. theres just no need of it. like i said before , were all on the same side here and love the same stuff. power to him. not saying you didnt break a crower cam SSR , but it could have been for so many reasons but the one your picking its rediculous. could have been the guy treating the steel that day was drunk , hahaha , you know , seriously though. what really bugs me SSR about you , is that even though i was wrong about roller cam in a honda(and other things , its called learning), you still lead people to beleve im a dummy rather than giving me an inch dude , when you know im not a dummy. your just young i guess i dont know.

hahahahaha............i knew it would piss somebody off thats great......i was definitely joking but its ok.....be uptight and take offense....

it's been awhile so yea sorry about bringing an old thread up....dog on me for that too whatever ill laugh at you for being an ass!

I respect Solles, SSR, and cranny alike and would never to tell anybody on here to shutup. There is no need for all that hostility.

BTW...... who woulda thought I do happen to know about cams and have run several different cams on several different motors.... Comp, Crower, and Crane....(they all start with C? weird)...of course some of the cams have been on domestics but the point is I'd rather someone not tell me what I know.

mtndewdude......i know you're all jacked up on mountain dew....but dude man....lol........sorry......

And yes i know there is different kinds of aluminum alloys. I'm not dumb. But that doesn't make my statement false. I was just using the metal aluminum as an example saying that a metal is a metal is a metal. Ok? Just because I don't know as much about hondas as you doesn't mean I know nothing about everything else in the world.

didnt mean to be hostile dude , just trying to get across how many combos there is. but what do i know , im obviously an idiot.

No, cranny, I know you're an idiot. Post a pic of an engine you built, while it is being built.

how bout you do the same. i have posted pics of some crap that ive done. ive never seen any of yours? you wanna see pics of every car i work on , no prolem dude. i got about a dozen steady people that i work and build thier cars with them. list is growing lately as time goes on , lots more i just fix thier cars when they break , mostly like friends of the closer guys. no prolem dude. couple jobs i got lined up for this winter are , 99 teg , all riced out , he wants to run boost, he just ordered a full kit (greddy), told him he has to take it to get it tuned at JD racing though , 2 hour drive to get there to a dyno with techs regsitered to tune hondata , so on so forth. another guy got a 98 civic Ex coupe(Si here) , wants to do the same but hes piecing his kit. hes got pistons(nippon racing) and a turbo , few things , hes not even close , in fact hes a slow ass , lol , all talk mainly. but hes getting there , brokeass. im in the process of learning to use chrome , talking with people who do and what i need so on. should be able to tune ECU's myself by next summer. not long after i should be registered to(hopefully). have rebuilt numerous engines like freshen up , not build up. 350 small block chevs , ford 302's, B2200 mazda one time , lol , that was fun , lol , vacuum line nightmare , you wouldnt know that though you only know hondas. best car ive ever built , pyro will love this , 68 camaro SS , fully frame off restored , took us 3 years , and 11,000 bucks. when we were done it was appraised for 25,000 canadian(he paid 800 bucks for it originally , 14 years prior to us restoring it). you want pics of all this? lol , i can back my talk , wheres your pics? but hey , i must be an idiot SSR , just cause you say so.

Lol i'm lookin for a new resto project. And i was shooting for an el camino ss or camaro SS. Either that or a kit car => 356 speedster replica, or shelby cobra replica. Dunno for sure yet.

Have about 10grand between my bro and I so any of those will be more than do-able.

man a cobra rep would be awsome pyro. id be hardcore jealous dude , lol. order up a 427 hemi crate engine , ohhh man , im drooling. ford , by far , made the best hemi engines. no comparison with dodges one hemi 426. chev of course didnt get into the horsepower battles back then , lol , hmm wonder why , hehe. dodge had a couple other good engines though , wedge head engines were bomb , but they were in essence the birth of hemispherical combustion. hemi for those who dont know , stands for hemispherical combustion. im sure everyone here has heard of a 351 cleveland ford engine , same as a wedge head engine really , hardcore top end motors , that revved as high as hondas. they domed the combustion chambers of the head so they could fit bigger valves side by side as usual , but have the spark plug dead center of the combustion chamber(like a honda engine , which is also based on hemi technology).

I know...stuff just keeps coming up. I got the car cleaned Saturday and was heading to take pictures and got coerced into helping re-roof my brother-in-law's house. Of course the car wasn't clean enough for pictures come Sunday.....being a black car and all. Then it's been raining ever since Sunday night, so I haven't been able to yet. It's driving me nuts too, cause it looks soooo much better with the stock wing back on.

ohhh , not a roofing cohorsion , hahaha , i hate those. i hear ya about black cars too , worse friggen color man. you get to enjoy the car looking its best for oh , one drive , lol.

awsome dude , nice going. ARP studs i see, thats gonna be bomb. but you see honestly SSR , its easy enough for you to take pics of crap at your job , and claim it as your builds. cause we all know you work around guys that build engines. well never know and it dont matter anyways. all my pics are in my garage , lol. im an idiot like you said , you win the competition man , i lose. i can live with that.

awsome dude , nice going. ARP studs i see, thats gonna be bomb. but you see honestly SSR , its easy enough for you to take pics of crap at your job , and claim it as your builds. cause we all know you work around guys that build engines. well never know and it dont matter anyways. not too many people out there i know of , that are gonna pay a 19 year old money to build them a 15,000 dollar engine. all my pics are in my garage , lol. im an idiot like you said , you win the competition man , i lose. i can live with that.

The engines that get rebuilt at my job are Chevy's and Caddy's. It wasn't a $15,000 build. More like a $2,800 build.

I would never assemble an engine in a garage. It's either in my basement, my bedroom (shortblocks or heads), or at work in the breakroom (pic above).

chevys and caddies , jesus business must be good than , cause chevs are junk , hahaha. if your gonna be in the business of rebuilding engines , or modding them for that matter cause tons of people love them , its definitely chevs. i do my work in my arage , love my garage , works for me. break room looks nice and clean though.

that is true. i cleaned the hell outta our detail shop (spent 2 days cleaning) then i brung in the ls engine i bought, took the head off, let the head sit for about 8 hours while i went to do whatever for the night, came back before i went to bed and there was already dust, etc.. on it. (not alot, but grit on smooth surfaces = NO)

so i makeshifted a booth with plastic to work in, and its been clean and dust free :thumbsup:

honestly i wouldn't work anywhere on cars but a garage, but you are right that sometimes it IS hard to keep it completely clean.

not hard at all , just dont be a slob , and clean it after every job. did you know caddies have been around for 90 years almost , and although its a GM car , the engines that come in caddies are unique to caddies. norstar a good engine , strong anyways. not too many 4 VPC V8 cars back when they came out.

Archived