need CAMS for operation D-RICE!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

makes no sense to me. i cant even find an RM website. and your saying this company makes better cams than one of the top names in racing for 60 years?(although they use crower blanks). wouldnt you say SSR , the most important step of making a camshaft is the casting of the blank itself. its not the grind dude , the grind is a measurement , RM doesnt have this special grind of cam that is a secret from other companys that makes more power. i mean cmon. what the steel is comprised of and the way it is made is what counts. other than that , its grinding a profile on the surface that they already know will work , from oh , 95 years of internal combustion. so i dont get what you think is so special about these cams , except you get a cut when you sell one maube , i could be wrong but im thinking commision is big motivator for you. and that dont even bother me really , its you telling people that RM has better quality cams than crower when thats bs.

you cant tell someone to buy something SSR/solles/ without giving them the info needed to make the decision , ie , lift/duration.

I don't think too many on here know about lift/duration when choosing cams..... so that doesn't matter to them. All they know is "stage 1" or "stage 2" lol.....

Look how many Crowers break. Look how few RM's have broke. It is ALL in the grind. A thing called ramp rate.

I can get Crower cams cheaper than I can RM's. But I still use RM's in all the builds I do.

LMAO at an updated site before you buy. Funny how on H-T you were asking about who sells RM when you've known I sell it for how long?

i can buy it from you, yeah, but i also know a guy personally that can get me crane cams for about half off. but i wouldn't buy them from him unless they had a site, catalog, or something to back it up.

and i don't remember asking where to buy them on HT? if i did, it was a site that sells them.

you can say all you want about RM cams, but its a sad thing that they only have he said she said comments to back them up. i'm going crower, the end. i'll find a different brand a springs and retainers as well.

and why have more crower cams broke than rm?

well, more crowers are sold each year than rm. 10 out of 1000 cams from rm can break, and thats 1%

100 crowers can break out of 10,000, but thats still 1%

lmao be nice to Joe, he is a n00b, but he was at my house last saturday. he's teh man.

anyway, i'd just go with either the crane or crower cams...seriously, RM are outrageously priced, and if it weren't for SSR, i'd never heard of them. Crower is a reknown brand that puts out quality products. my friend just put crower valvetrain in his gsr hatch...everything looks/runs great!

Pyro, ok. Well, it seems you know nothing.

I refuse to even start with you. It's a proven fact that when it comes down to it, you is teh suck.

LOL are you kidding me? Ok whats the lift and duration on a "stage 2" cower cam? Do you even know? Do they release that info to you or, do all you know is that it is.... "Stage 2".....? Which you assume is a bit better than "Stage 1" How can you even start suggesting cam reccomendations if you don't know specs?

This sounds like I'm playing Grand Turismo.... "stage 2 turbo gains 40 whp" Add the lightweight stage 2 and the stage 3 lightened flywheel and you'll be set!

You honda guys crack me up.....

RM is not overpriced.

Crowers break because of crap ramp rates. RM's break because of bad batches.

When a PR drag car wanted more power than Toda D's could give him, he want to RM and got 25whp. Bringing him to over 315whp.

Me too.

Pyro - Stage 1 Crower for the DOHC is pretty much a CTR cam.

CTR cam at .050" Duration = Intake 240 and Exhaust at 232

Crower 1 cam at .050" Duration = Intake 242 and Exhaust at 234

Crower 2 (Significantly different) at .050" Duration = Intake 255 and Exhaust at 248.

This will be a significant upgrade coming from his stock C1 cams, where at .050" Duration, Intake is at 236 and Exhaust is 224.

Don't tell me I don't know what I am talking about. You're not just talking to "A Honda Guy."

are you talking about my cams breaking?

thats funny, bbs has crowers and he loves them...

Yeah we're talking about your cams but i'm not saying that you shouldn't go with them I'm just saying that its gonna be really funny if/when they do.

they wont, i don't beat on the car, i'll only track it like 2- 3 times a year with only a few runs at most each time. i mean, i'm not gonna put this engine through alot of harsh crap like most people do. i don't race anyone that i pull up next too, etc...

if crower is supposidly so bad, what about crane cams? or zex (comp) cams?

i can get cranes for half off, but i never heard anything good or bad about them

Archived