Living place?

..SSR..

I live with my parents for free.

I have been looking around for some land in the country. Whenever I find some I'm buying it. Then I'll worry about the house. Which will be built by me (I can do framing, roofing, plumbing, and electrical. I'll teach myself to install the windows, carpet, tile, etc). Wood siding, tin roof, marble countertops. Average looking country house with an up to date interior. Or if I can find a farm house that needs work I'll just buy that.

I moved back home not too long ago b/c my roommate lost his job so he moved back. I couldn't handle the rent myself.

ssr: you have talent there! Ever thought of doing construction as a career? They make serious money. I want to learn to do all that. Im in the construction business but I do the permits (i put the house plans together, which consist of engineering plans, architectural plans, etc. and submit it to the city for them to approve it). I really want to learn what you mentioned - framing, sheet rock, shingles, doing concrete, plumbing, etc.

Whenever I get enough money, im also buying land. Ill start out small by buying residential land and then when i get enough money, ill buy big commercial lands

Just moved out of a house I was living in rent and almost bill free(all I paid was the waterbill) back into my parents house. They have about 30 acres in the country. Then at the end of the month I am moving into the dorms at the college.

My wife and I have a 3 bedroom 1 bath house that we bought about a year ago. 1 car garage, nice front yard and huge backyard. Got a steal on it from someone elses foreclosure and will probably be able to make 50-60k on it in around 4 or 5 years. Works great for now and I've been fixing it up to make it worth more money. Plan to build a deck and install a door out of the dining room onto it before too long.

im living w/ my parents for one more week then im moving to college into the dorms.

framing and electircal stuff isnt that hard, its all the regulations thats a bitch. but yeah building a house is a crapload of work. i remodeled a business for a summer and its a good thing to learn for sure.

I live in a 2 story 5 bedroom house with my finace and that's it. The rent is about 500 and I pay the bills so it's somewhere around 1000 a month and that's including the food we buy, haha about every two weeks we go to HEB (texas thing) and spend about 150-200. I love it, she freaks out all the time when I spend money so this last time I spent 300 on purpose just to watch her squrim when the guy hit the total button

I live in a duplex with a friend of mine and its a lil ghetto but we plan on moving to somewhere nicer so the rides don't get tampered with. But all in all its a good party house lol

living at home...

...i will not waste my money on rent if i don't own the place. As of right now, SoCal's housing market is stuck in the upper atmosphere to the point where the only chance of me owning a house right now is to outlive my parents. HAHAHA...

for a while i was pondering buying a loft out in downtown LA since many of those places are sweet. but i was brought back to reality considering i work in the OC and the cost of the downtown loft would get me a nice 2 bedroom house in most other areas of the country.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO MOVE OUT OF L.A. so that I can buy a place dammit.

living at home...

...i will not waste my money on rent if i don't own the place. As of right now, SoCal's housing market is stuck in the upper atmosphere to the point where the only chance of me owning a house right now is to outlive my parents. HAHAHA...

for a while i was pondering buying a loft out in downtown LA since many of those places are sweet. but i was brought back to reality considering i work in the OC and the cost of the downtown loft would get me a nice 2 bedroom house in most other areas of the country.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO MOVE OUT OF L.A. so that I can buy a place dammit.

I hear that. There's no point in renting when you can be paying a mortgage for less, and actually come out with something in the end. I envy whoever it was on here that mentioned a $500 rent for a house. You can't even get a one-bedroom in a lousy neighborhood for that here.

I live at my mom's right now. Not necessarily for free since I do have bills, and I do buy my own "necessities" and usually will buy food too. Sometime within the year, Joey and I will be getting a place. Could be a couple months, could be longer, who knows.

I hear that. There's no point in renting when you can be paying a mortgage for less, and actually come out with something in the end. I envy whoever it was on here that mentioned a $500 rent for a house. You can't even get a one-bedroom in a lousy neighborhood for that here.

I live at my mom's right now. Not necessarily for free since I do have bills, and I do buy my own "necessities" and usually will buy food too. Sometime within the year, Joey and I will be getting a place. Could be a couple months, could be longer, who knows.

Very true about the mortgage. We pay about $510/month on our mortgage for a 3 bedroom 1 bath house with a 1 car garage. You can't rent anything half as nice for the same monthly payment and we'll be making money off the deal in about 5 years.

Archived