New project

Here it is:

Shall start very soon. Some parts I already have, marked with star.

D16A6 long block

AEM CAI *

DC 4-1 Header *

Tanabe Exhaust *

Omnipower Test pipe *

Exedy Stage 2 Clutch *

Fidanza 7lb Flywheel *

EX Trans built by SSR

P29 pistons

Ported A6 head

RM valvetrain/ big cam

Hondata s200

Skunk 2 IM

GSR TB

Should make 150-160whp. That setup on slicks should hit high 13's in the sol. I won't strip the interior or anything either.

Comments?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

High 13's on slicks means low 14's on street tires. No offense, but I wouldn't waste my time for those times. If you're going to put money into make it fast....not quick. I mean seriously, you'd put all that money into it and still be slower than a stock SRT-4. Really not worth it IMO.

i agree with hung , its not a learning experience solles if you know the outcome before you begin , lol. your talking about a couple thousand bucks at least for a slow car? well not slow but not fast either and you know it. i doubt youd end up with 120 tq at the wheels either.

It won't be a 13 second street car though. You'll be running low 14's on street tires. I'd save my 2 grand before spending it to run low 14's. And I don't think you can call it a learning experience if you've already built a 300-400whp turbo'd d. I highly doubt that you'll learn anything on this build that you haven't already learned from your turbo build.

Well, I want to do it. I want something different. If I wanted an eleven second car, I'd boost it. But I'm not trying to do that.

If you want to hate, then fine, but I am having fun.

And, It will be a streetlight monster. I'm not building this thing for high speed races. I will be in college for a couple years, since I am getting my MBA. So, therefore, I won't have the money to do the B20 setup I wanted to do. That setup would cost me near 7K and run me high 12's. Or spend, 2000 and run very low 14's. I am happy, and can't wait personally. I think it will be impressive when you pop the hood and see a stock looking A6 with boltons. Plus, this build could definitely take Nitrous. Then I'd be in high twelves.

I don't think it sounds like a bad idea at all, man. The only reason it's as much money as it will be is because you've chosen all quality parts and paid attention to a lot of details. I admire that about this build. Instead of going for the next big thing to get more power (i.e. doing the bare minimum to your engine so that it can be turboed and hella compressionized), you're getting a really solid build that could later have more done to it if you really felt the need. It'll still seem quite nice in a sol, I bet. Good luck man. Keep us updated plenty.

sounds like a good project but how much is it going to cost? lets see some pics of that turbo D that no one has seen. seems kinda weird that you built a 300hp car and now your building something with less than half of that. either way, good luck with this build and LETS SEE SOME PICS MAIN

I will. I just think it's funny people are hating, because it's out of the ordinary. When was the last time you saw someone go NA on a D? No, everyone swaps their D. Or boosts it. I want to do something that will separate my car from every other B-Swapped Sol/Civic now-a-days.

I mean, I'd be beating Type R's.

95 Si hatch, B18C1 with 19xwhp, B16B trans, slicks (non-DOT) on 15" Si wheels, 1.9 60' and it ran 13.8. The guy is a good driver too. Too bad he'd get beat by a 170whp A6 with a close ratio trans.

Archived