What to do with noobs and off-topic posts

Yeah, that was a little spineless. Still, you guys are a little hard on teh n00bs. People really do need to learn to lurk before they start posting, don't they?

that was a crapty come back although he is right about the flaming level, people are way out of hand where are the moderators? things go oof topic way to much, people are flaming way to much. if you dont like the noobs then why not suggest a noob section where flaming is a zero-tolerance thing? its bull crap communities like these dont get anywhere with the bullcrap ass remarks alot of people make. There either need to be some rules inforced or some sort of noob section because i dont even post anymore because of the ass hats here. and im sure this one will get some smart ass remark like "if you dont like it dont come here" which is why i dont come here and post very often anymore.

i think you just gotta chill out a little bit. were all just f*cking around. its tough being a noob on here. i get that. stick around for a bit, and you will see why we are buttheads to noobs. honestly we see the same crap over and over and over and over and over. it gets f*cking old. OCCASIONALLY we will get a cool noob that uses the search function, and everyone welcomes them with arms wide open. were just a bunch of people who like to f*ck around w/ people and you, being a noob, just dont know how to take it cause you arent used to it. im just as big of a d*ck to solless, and xxscaxx, and all the regs aas i am the noobs, but they know how to take a joke. its to the point that the only forums i even read are the preludee and gen discussion forums, because i am so sick of the same noob bullcrap.

its all in fun, you just gotta know how to take it.

yea i agree but you at least answer the question at hand most of the time unlike these others whi just come out to flame you and say nothing more then that. I dunno but i think thats kind of a load of crap. regardless its a nice community but you would get alot more people if the bull crap stopped.

i dont think anybody really minds not having alot of people. i think we already have about the right amount. yeah im always open for more, but it stays pretty busy, most of the time i dont even see alot of the threads cause we keep a decent traffic coming through. too busy sucks sometimes too, but we prefer less cool people than a bunch of people we dont like, if they cant handle it, and leave then they dont realy fit in and shouldnt stay anyway. if people like it here, then they stay, usually cause they have a similar sense of humor.

i think this site is different from any other and i love it here, so why would we want to change it?

OCCASIONALLY we will get a cool noob that uses the search function, and everyone welcomes them with arms wide open.

that would be referring to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to hear your ideas about what we can do to maybe keep noobs in a separate section for a while until they feel comfortable posting with the big boys/girls. Or is that a bad idea?

Also, you people go off-topic way too much. Do we need to force all off-topic discussion to the general discussion forum or make a new off-topic forum?

I really like it when I get feedback for this site. But when you post feedback in a random thread, most likely i'll never see it. Don't be afraid to post a new topic in the feedback forum with your ideas or if you would rather, just pm them to me. Ideas can be from the tiniest little detail to a big change of the site. Let me know.

i think there should be an official "n00b" section where they all can ask each other what vtech is and "does my car have vtak? like, almost a dumbass forum for the n00bs. then the veterans, or even you, should give them like a 5 question quiz asking them for the answers of the most common questions asked on these forums...

1. What is vtech?

2 Will a b16 fit into my civic?

3. Do I have vtech?

4. I want to try NOS, is that a good idea?

5. Can I put a blow off valve on my car without a turbo? Blow off valves are cool, but not as cool as vtec.

But, the catch is, they would have to correct the question, saying "it's vtec n00b!" then continue to say vtec is variable valve timing with electronic lift control....know what im saying?

if you want to be technical you said it wrong too.

theres no need for seperation. thats stupid honestly. a lot of us didnt know much about hondas at a point, i still dont know a superior amount. but should i be put in the corner because of it? no.

we need a FAQ section. then all the dumb crap that the new people dont know can be pointed there.

Archived