S2000 Sound

Ok, someone go and tell Veilside that their 9 second R33's cr needs to be dropped or else their titanium rods aren't going to last

Veilsides 9 sec r33 also uses 8.5 cr pistons, besides Veilside's car was built by engineers to drag and top speed race, not to be a daily driver.

What cr does a Z06 have? 16.0:1

Try 10.5:1, and they dont utilize forced induction

There is a Z06 here that has a s/c on it and nothing else at all and he said it drives even better than it did before and he hasn't thrown a rod on it after running it every week, driving hard, and many dyno runs

There's a difference between a 6lb supercharger and the 20 psi you want to run on an already high 11.0 cr

titanium rods + welded crank

i'm not what this is but i'm pretty sure if its what i think it is, its not a good idea. seems to me that WHEN you throw a rod, you'll have to buy a new crank and possibly a whole new block.

but w/e do what you want, just keep us posted on how many rods you throw, and how many blocks you destroy.

ps with 11.0:1 cr and 20psi would you mind taking a picture of the hole you're gonna put in your perty carbon fiber hood for me?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gotta say it's pretty bold of you to say that you are building a 400hp 10-sec. S2000 that will be used in show also without blowing up one engine. The odds are pretty much against you pulling that off...but g'luck.

The Z06 has 16:1 cr.

no. it has 10.5, straight off of chevy's site:

Engine Specifications  Z06 

Order Code  LS6 

Type Overhead-valve (OHV)

Pushrod V8

Displacement 5.7L/5665 cc

Fuel Induction System Sequential Fuel Injection

Horsepower (SAE net @ RPM) 405 @ 6000 

Torque (lb.–ft. @ RPM) 400 lb.-ft. @ 4800 (manual) 

Redline (RPM)  6500 

Fuel Shutoff RPM  6600 

Compression Ratio 10.5:1 

http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette/index.html <Specifications> link then another <Specifications> link

you were looking at steering ratio which is 16.1:1

The S2000 has 12:1 cr.

s2000 has 11.0:1

Compression Ratio  11.0:1

straight from honda's site http://www.hondacars.com/models/specificat...ModelName=S2000

S2000 with more than 400whp or 11 second timeslips (maybe even 10's).

concidering your car stock tips the scales at 2810 lbs, even with a full carbon fiber body you still have all the convertable motor/top ect. in the back. lets say, just for craps and giggles, that you drop 800lbs with your carbon fiber body. there are civics with similar hp that weigh 1700 and run low 11's. so i believe running a full cf body, however cool that may be, will not hit a 10, maybe a high 11.

Ahh, steering ratio, don't know how I got the two confused.

11:1, hmmm, even less of a reason for me to worry about blowing the motor.

800lbs? Naw, it'll be more around 75-100lbs.

Ok, lets start a pool.

$20 says I won't blow an engine.

800lbs? Naw, it'll be more around 75-100lbs.

so instead of weighing 2810lbs you'll weigh in at 2710-2735lbs, that makes running an 11 even more difficult.

and really if you push anything over 8-10 psi of boost on stock compression you WILL blow SOMETHING. and really the only pistons that ive seen that can handle even 10-15psi of boost with a c.r. of 10+ are the endyne rollerwaves, but then again their high compression n/a pistons go up to 14.2:1 c.r.

$500 says you will. $200 says you won't be able to repair it, or you'll just pootie out and buy a whole new motor.

$20...thats for kiddies.

He's got plenty of money, apparently he doesn't feel to confident his engine won't go nuclear and turn his car into a rapid-fire rod shooter. :)

notice to people in tennessee: if you see a Honda S2000 with a full carbon fiber body, DUCK. get behind something very strong. it is very likely that there will be flying rods comming at you, especially if your near a red-light or stop sign and he rev's up his car. please. if you see this person driving their CARBON FIBER S2000 get inside where it is safe. that is all.

:laugh:

You guys don't know what a pool is do you?

You put money in the pool for one side or the other. When you guys find out I don't blow an engine, then everyone who was on my side and I split the money.

a pool is:

A.  A game of chance, resembling a lottery, in which the contestants put staked money into a common fund that is later paid to the winner.

B.  A fund containing all the money bet in a game of chance or on the outcome of an event.

and a handful of other people and i put money on our side. profilegsr, darksaint, s14silvia, and myself. so guys, what do you want to do with our $20? thats like...$5 a piece? personally, i'm gonna use it for gas :laugh:

wow, how retarded. first, you need to stop being so ignorant and listen to what people are telling you. and second, if anyone was actually serious about giving the kid money if he doesn't blow a motor, think about this: anyone can tell you they DIDN'T blow a motor if it means they're getting money, regardless of whether they really did or not :rolleyes:

yeah but i know that hes gunna blow at least one motor ....... this kids retarted if he thinks that hes never gunna blow a motor tryin to get to the 10s.....WELCOME TO REAL LIFE KID NOTHING COMES EASY AND NOTHING COMES CHEAP I DONT CARE HOW MUCH MONEY YOU OR YOUR PARENTS HAVE YOU WILL BLOW AT LEAST ONE MOTOR. dumbass

i dont think that you can say those things, but anyways..

when you get into racing, draggin out any car, with no experiecnce in racing or driving n tuning n crap..

you will blow motors or fawk up some how..

just bcuz u got your parents buying you all this crap at the age of 16, and acting hella cocky that your motor wont blow...o it will at least once..

my cuz was hittin 11s, wit B18 and B17, he blew at least over 10 motors,

you?? none??reason??you never experience racing yet!!

EDIT::add:: oooo and i think this thread will be closed soon for PROFILEGSR and my actions..:ninja:

i'd just like to make the point that there is more to racing then who can get down a 1/4 in the least amount of time. a car that runs 10's will get its ass kicked by a car that runs 14's (driver dependent) on a course with these things called turns. there isnt a magical car that is the best in all areas of racing, every car has its own attributes that make it better or worse in each area. example: civic hatch w/b18c5 loses to a supra in the quarter, but runs faster times in autox. it all depends on what you want to build your car to do. 10's in a s2000 will require a larger turbo then the gt2540 i think you settled on? and definelty lower compression. since you have the money, might i suggest dropping the compression to like 8.5:1 and running a hks t51r-kai. gl with whatever you do though, really i'd like to see your carbon fiber body before it gets painted :D

i agree with cute pic of that girl, and S14Silvia..

gl with whatever you do though

yes... gl, if you can really do it..

i dont know about the cf body but geez man,ive seen civic run 10s without that crap reason?there not rich and ricy....

Archived