S2000 Sound

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
its gonna take more then 400whp to hit 10's

agreed.....

do you have any idea what it takes to hit 10s? let alone 11s? well when u get to the 10s in the s2k let me know hehe

agreed.. yes ive seen teggy go high 11s with around 380-400 ponies, but on an S2000 hittin 10s is something hard to believe..:ninja:

trap speeds for a 10 are much higher then trap speeds for an 11. it gets exponentially harder to hit faster trap speeds, the lower the time, the harder its going to be to hit.. remember there are 600 and 900 hp supras in the 10s. unless you are doing a LOT of suspension and traction stuff, i find it hard to believe that you will hit a 10. btw who's building your carbon fiber body, and are you doin a carbon fiber hardtop too? and another thing you will need a roll cage for anything below a mid 11.

how safe is a full carbon fiber body going to be if you get into a wreck? and therefore, how streetable is it going to be...i thought cars had to pass crash tests and crap to be streetable? 450whp and low weight = hard to drive. granted you can do it, but it will be hard to keep that thing under 30 mph...

and just think of the damage something (anything) can do to a carbon fiber body. carbon fiber isn't known for its durability, its known for its lightness (you knew that...had to have known that) so if you even tap a poll at about 7mph you'll probably break a nice little piece off of your car. don't wreck it, and you should be fine i guess.

you have so much crap planned for your car, makes me wonder how much is actually going to get done. i'm not trying to diss you or anything, but this stuff is going to cost more than you think it is, and its going to take time and dedication. i'm sure you have the will to do it, and you have the money (part of it at least)...i just want to see pics of it when its finished.

lol a carbon fiber body.....ok thats where i draw the line and call bs.gif

come on man 1 a carbon fiber roof for the s2k costs about 5000 dollars THATS JUST THE ROOF....now figure in the cost of the rest of the body....then look at me laughing at the fact that you just spent over 15000 on a carbon fiber body.

if you were serious about going fast wasteing your time and money on a CF body would not be on your mind.

most of the fastest hondas in the world still run a full bodied car with just a fiberglass front end.

*part 2

yeah with 390 hp that car better be hitting 11s we are talking 2 differnt cars here an integra and a honda s2k. an integra has much closer gearing and has a lighter chassis and to me is geared a little better towards DRAG than the s2k is.

if you are serious about getting that car into the 10s then take the time to think about what you are going to need.

custom fuel managment

resleeved block

custom pistons

custom rods

major headwork

a big fat ass turbo

full dyno time when ever you needed

a professional dyno tuner (not just an average dipcrap can tune a 10 second honda)

full suspension

ah crap i can go on here for days....but you see where im goin with this.....think logicly

and btw do you really want a 10 second s2k as a daily driver?

...what will a 450whp s2k do?

it would do the same thing a stock civic does in the rain snow or ice.

basicly you would need to run race gas in that at ALL times. im not sure if you are fimilair with race gas but to fill a tank on an integra is more than $65 which is a little rediculas b\c you are going to be going threw fuel like crazy just to provide the correct fuel maps to make that motor run to that potential....

just b\c they did it in the fast and the furious doesnt mean it can happen in real life.

it is going to have a full carbon fiber body

yeah, hks has a full carbon fiber body altezza... i believe they only spent a lil under a 150k to get the body done.. another all carbon fiber car? the mclaren f1, it only runs 1.5 million. imho a carbon fiber body would just be overkill

wow carbonfiber everthing, you might as well as be rice and get cf seat.. cf mirrors, cf hood, rims, cf engine not cast iron, cf dask, too match all that cf lug nuts, and cf steering wheel and cant think of any other useless junk..

:ninja:

C-West doors and trunk

Top Secret hood

bodyshop fenders and quarterpanels

Yes, I know how much it is going to cost.

Mugen rollcage.

Not going into detail about the parts that I'm getting but yes, all the ones you mentioned are on the list.

Nothing on the suspenson side is going to be stock. Hell, the whole car will be pretty much aftermarket.

Dyno time?

Yes. Anytime I need to strap it onto the the Dynojet at Bill Gatton Chevrolet, all I have to do is let them know I'm coming in (evil laughter) my dads grasp of power reaches even farther)).

Keep in mind I'm going to be on the show side too.

Yes. Anytime I need to strap it onto the the Dynojet at Bill Gatton Chevrolet, all I have to do is let them know I'm coming in (evil laughter) my dads grasp of power reaches even farther)).

Keep in mind I'm going to be on the show side too.

your evil already ahha j/k

going show hitting 10s hmmmm i think not

wow carbonfiber everthing, you might as well as be rice and get cf seat.. cf mirrors, cf hood, rims, cf engine not cast iron, cf dask, too match all that cf lug nuts, and cf steering wheel and cant think of any other useless junk..

Seats, probably the Spoon carbon fiber seats

mirrors, probably C-West carbon fiber mirrors

rims, no

engine is aluminum with FIBER reinforced walls

dash, maybe if I have time

lugs? no

steering wheel, no

other useless junk, carbon fiber speaker molds for when daily driving and taking it to the shows.

Seats, probably the Spoon carbon fiber seats

mirrors, probably C-West carbon fiber mirrors

rims, no

engine is aluminum with FIBER reinforced walls

dash, maybe if I have time

lugs? no

steering wheel, no

other useless junk, carbon fiber speaker molds for when daily driving and taking it to the shows.

If your gonna buy all this for a new S2, why not just get a used one? Since your going to replace the panels and paint it anyway. Prolly free up a little more money...not much, but ehhh it helps.

:rolleyes: not to be mean, but you have no idea how stupid this makes you look ssr. i can't believe people aren't calling you out for rice! cf mirrors? wtf?

and i agree with vtracer: a show car hitting 10's, thats also going to be a daily driver more than likely isn't going to happen.

sponsered by daddy...

not trying to make him sound bad but hes kinda doing it to him self.....you need to be a little realisitc a 10 second daily driven s2000 is very hard. if you can do it then props to you, but i am a non beliver till you prove it.......ive seen a few 9-10 second daily drivers (or at least attemped) pretty good friends with them and they have told me that they had problems and couldnt really bring the car anywhere or drive it much.

when your car makes that much power a lot more can go wrong. i dont care how much money you have no one like to throw away money, and you would be doing that by trying to make an s2000 let alone any honda into a 10 second daily driver.

-What do you really risk?

* Risk having a fuel hicup and melting a piston

* Risk screwing up your full race suspension due to road contitions

* Risk getting pulled over and getting 39439593595 tickets for noise pollution and so on

* Risk damaging that expensive body make over lol

* Risk getting that car stolen when you walk away from it. (it only takes 30 seconds to steal any honda or any car for that matter)

basicly right there you should see that the cons out weigh the pros

while yeah i think it would be pretty cool to have a 10 second honda street car in any body style its just not practical and do able in many ways.

but if you still think that this is the way you want to go, then go ahead prove me wrong. i would like to see that.

good luck

How are carbon fiber mirrors rice? Most of the cra running in JGTC use them, Spoon makes them.

Show cars can't run 10's?

What makes my car a show car?

• paint
  • chrome plating on the rollcage
  • bodykit
  • wheels
  • interior coloring

Am I going to have a 50lb bodykit weighing me down? Under car accent kit? 30lb system?

Anyone know who Cesar Mora is?

He owns a daily driven 10.58 second show car.

not trying to make him sound bad but hes kinda doing it to him self.....you need to be a little realisitc a 10 second daily driven s2000 is very hard. if you can do it then props to you, but i am a non beliver till you prove it.......ive seen a few 9-10 second daily drivers (or at least attemped) pretty good friends with them and they have told me that they had problems and couldnt really bring the car anywhere or drive it much.

when your car makes that much power a lot more can go wrong. i dont care how much money you have no one like to throw away money, and you would be doing that by trying to make an s2000 let alone any honda into a 10 second daily driver.

-What do you really risk?

* Risk having a fuel hicup and melting a piston

* Risk screwing up your full race suspension due to road contitions

* Risk getting pulled over and getting 39439593595 tickets for noise pollution and so on

* Risk damaging that expensive body make over lol

* Risk getting that car stolen when you walk away from it. (it only takes 30 seconds to steal any honda or any car for that matter)

basicly right there you should see that the cons out weigh the pros

while yeah i think it would be pretty cool to have a 10 second honda street car in any body style its just not practical and do able in many ways.

but if you still think that this is the way you want to go, then go ahead prove me wrong. i would like to see that.

good luck

--------------------

There isn't a noise ordnance in my city.

If I mess it up, then I replace that part.

How can someone steal it if they can't start it? Also, my friends brother is a computer genius and he is making a security system for me that calls the police and my cell phone if the alarm goes off for more than 30 seconds.

Just be patient and you will be proven wrong.

BTW, when driving it daily I will have the boost set very low and the EMS settings to match.

EDIT: BTW, My state has the #1 roads in the country.

How can someone steal it if they can't start it? Also, my friends brother is a computer genius and he is making a security system for me that calls the police and my cell phone if the alarm goes off for more than 30 seconds.

Just be patient and you will be proven wrong.

BTW, when driving it daily I will have the boost set very low and the EMS settings to match.

EDIT: BTW, My state has the #1 roads in the country.

ever hear of a tow truck?

Archived