Banning Car Audio !!!!!

CBRF4i

Taken from another site. . .

Article on Ceoutlook and Me-Mag

Mobile Electronics Magazine

http://ceoutlook.com/state-seeks-to-slash-and-burn-car-audio

Link to the bill

http://www.me-mag.com/Upload/HB1178_.pdf

In a nutshell the State of Hawaii is voting on a bill that will ban owning an aftermark installed stereo. The bill would limit any thing installed that is not OEM factory installed to 4 6.5 speakers and no more then an amp making 100w of power. It would allow for anyone owning anything other than stated to be fined up to $250. If the bill passes and you already have an aftermarket system installed that would exceed the new limit is not grandfathered, they would be in violation of the new law.

If this passes I would think it would open up the possibility for this to pass in other states. Leading to the end of car audio as we know it.

it would be a non issue if people actually played their music responsibly.

As much of an enthusiast as i am, When i hear a car bumping through my neighborhood at 2am, i just want to hunt them down and punch their scrotum until it falls off

^^^ I wholeheartedly agree.

I don't think I would ever get caught because anytime I drive through residential neighborhoods or anywhere there are a lot of people I turn my system down. Anytime I come to a stop the volume goes down, it's just common courtesy.

The big deal in Hawaii is they're trying to preserve the islands. They even banned plastic bags because they would show up every once in a while.

I'm more then fine with basic stereo stuff... all the other crap just adds more weight

But are you ok with the government telling someone they cant have more than basic stereo stuff?

speaking the average american is stupid and puts way too much crap in their car and drives around being annoying as frack.. yes

So, because you dont like something some people do, the government should outlaw it? What if some people dont like something you do? Does that mean it would then be ok for the government to outlaw what you like because someone else doesn't like it?

speaking the average american is stupid and puts way too much crap in their car and drives around being annoying as frack.. yes

then that should apply to annoying exhaust, blinding headlights, modified engines, modified suspension, and stupid big stickers on the side of their cars too then. .

in fact, lets just say if you have anything other then stock parts on your car, it should be illegal

thats a nice curve and will equally piss off everyone across the board

They should just ban cars. Would solve all the problems you guys noted.

I've owned absurdly loud exhaust cars and absurdly loud stereo cars and the only ticket I ever got for excessive noise was in a stock exhausted Prelude. It's all subjective. It's just a scare tactic and another method for cops to pull over suspicious vehicles/people for scrutiny without appearing to be outright profiling.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back from Hawaii, and with all the cars that have bass i don't think that will be passed. But if it was i don't think any of them would take their system out. almost every local i saw had a system in their car. I have a system in my car and i don't have it to piss people off i have it to make the music sound 100000x better. I have a 12" Type R that sounds perfect. you can hear me from blocks away when i have it up all the way but i don't unless i'm on the freeway or out on country roads. People just have to have the respect and not have your system on at night or residential areas.

I just got back from Hawaii, and with all the cars that have bass i don't think that will be passed. But if it was i don't think any of them would take their system out. almost every local i saw had a system in their car. I have a system in my car and i don't have it to piss people off i have it to make the music sound 100000x better. I have a 12" Type R that sounds perfect. you can hear me from blocks away when i have it up all the way but i don't unless i'm on the freeway or out on country roads. People just have to have the respect and not have your system on at night or residential areas.

I live in the country. Normally all I hear are horses and cows. Many times a day I hear buttheads blasting past my house doing 80 with their crap turned up so loud I can hear them from a mile away. Sound and bass travels farther in the country without houses and all that concrete to slow down the waves. Because it is routinely the same vehicles over and over again it has been pretty easy to call and report reckless operation and disturbing the peace with their tag numbers. Not sure what happened to those people but I have WAY less obnoxious cars going by now.....

Just because you are not in a subdivision doesn't mean you aren't annoying the fvck out of someone.

Archived