first mods

On the intake id go with the cheapest thing you can find, throw a bypass filter and a decent cone filter at the end. Or just a ram air (again cheap) what sound are you going for on exhaust. Finally where do you lige, are.there inspections?

Well for an accord just like any other honda out there, the standard three mods are

Intake: completely your preference if you want a CAI or Short Ram, you would want to get the bypass valve for a CAI, but those arent always 100% helpful...but again its personal preference. I have the AEM V2 on my RsX and its a CAI and its awesome, plus has a nice sound to it unlike the cheaper brands.

Header: If you want to get some headers the most moderately priced are Megan headers, you can go the route of DC which are a bit better. I have 4:1 headers, just always liked the 4:1 instead of 4-2-1 style

Exhaust: Now if you want an exhaust that looks nice and isnt hugh POS or can on the car, I suggest you getting the Apexi World exhaust....this is what it looks and sounds like...think you might like it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyVDaj1dz-w&feature=fvw

it will all depend if she wants to keep the stock piping and if she does buying a canister wont do anything to the car besides make it louder than stock, also stock piping is just what it is just stock piping no performance increase by addint a canister, you might as well buy an axel back if you want to save on money

first.. If you are very worried about 'cheaper' then you shouldnt build or mod a car

quality should be the main concern.. a lot of good systems are round about the same price.. if that 639 system is good it'll probably be about the same everywhere unless its a knockoff

and you wont need bigger spark plug wires.. good plugs should be your main concern.. thicker wires wont really help you where the car is right now.. go ngk for wires and plugs of course

good oil is always helpful to the life and performance of the car of course.. i only run royal purple with k&n filter in all of our cars including DD.. (race/fun cars will get royal purple or amsoil)... if royal purple is out of your budget mobil 1 is a decent option

listen to raley about the CAI.. you'd be perfectly fine with a cheap short ram and a good filter.. green racing filters are amazing.. dont bother buying a full cold air cause its not going to gain you any power esp. if your not doing a full exhaust.. if anything theres a possibility you might hurt it.. IF you are really bent on a full cold air so you can say you have one then get one that is PROVEN.. which means more $$

amsoil is good if you want to spend that money.. how many miles does the car have? forgot to ask that earlier.. if its over 150k i wouldnt switch to full synthetic right now.. amazing how it can find a leak or weak seal.. royal purple is quite good for quite a lot less then amsoil.. and if you burn oil in an older honda you cant just go buy amsoil at your local store

AEM is a good brand.. i would still stick with raley and my idea of a cheap tube with a good filter.. same thing lol

Well Put Sarah, basically it comes to this...it cost to floss....and buying cheap parts wont really get you much, your basically going to have to bargin hunt on ebay if you want it any cheaper

i have an ebay header.. cause i dont care

i'm not going to spend a few hundred on a header for my DD lol I dont really believe in building hondas for major power cause the car wasn't designed to be a sports car.. it was meant to be a reliable gas saver basically (and fun if you have a del).

Mine has mods yes (swap to zc.. full exhaust.. short ram.. clutch/flywheel.. etc etc).. but it was modded to make the car fun for me to daily and still get 35 mpg.. and replace all the crap that the prevoius owners f'ed up lol

#1 priority should be fixing everything wrong with the car.. and i know there is stuff wrong because it is a 93 accord

fixing parts is step 1, i agree with sarah, but replacing the parts with better ones is always good :p

kteller has exhaust kits, wont have a muffler but if you know someone who welds (most shops will do it) you can save lots on a full exhaust.

also, for the intake, cold air (ones that go into the bumper) work great to suck up water, i dunno how many cars ive had to cut the cold air pipe in half because it was sucking up water and killing motors.

i never said replace with oem.. depends on what it is

for example:

blown shocks/struts.. i'd replace with better

if something like an axle was messed up.. might as well go oem cause it doesnt need anything else.. same for tie rods and all that

brakes bad.. oem would honestly be fine since it isnt going to be put through anything hard but upgrading those isnt a bad idea.. as long as it is still a street compound and not drilled/slotted

also, im in the "tuner scene" just for the attention, why else do i have a cherry bomb and flow master with orange wheels?!

nothing to do with tuners and everything to do with being a color blind tard. just saying

Archived