first mods

the what you would need is a question for someone else because i never felt like paying that much when i can get hyper white or bright white or super awesome bright white bulbs for so much less.. i'm sure someone on here can tell you.. they normally have plug and play kits for the wiring part of it.. just have to make sure you get a good kit and not a cheap pos

dont get halo housing if you get new housing's.. i think halo lights belong on bmw's.. not cheap hondas lol

sylvania makes some pretty bright/clear bulbs if you dont want to spend the money on real hid's.. i hate the yellow of regular headlights

i might be mistaken about not being able to use stock housings.. but i know the wiring is different

you CAN put hids into stock housings, however notice i didnt say SHOULD. The light pattern from a normal filament bulb reacts differently than that from a HID bulb. Ideall you should retrofit your housing with projectors from a vehicle that came stock with HIDS. Like in MY TYCs i mounted TSX projectors. Honestly go with some upgraded wattage filament bulbs. All your going to do with HIDs in your stock housings is blind oncoming traffic and not put much more light on the road than you are now.

Watch This

Retrofitting is going to run you anywhere around 200-500 your stock housings. However you can find projector housings for you car and simply switch out the projector assembly. The cost will stay about the same, however it will take no where near as much custom fabrication to do.

fixing parts is step 1, i agree with sarah, but replacing the parts with better ones is always good :p

kteller has exhaust kits, wont have a muffler but if you know someone who welds (most shops will do it) you can save lots on a full exhaust.

also, for the intake, cold air (ones that go into the bumper) work great to suck up water, i dunno how many cars ive had to cut the cold air pipe in half because it was sucking up water and killing motors.

Because idiots either drive through huge puddles or accelerate through puddles of water, there was only one car I ever had to swap a motor due to hydrolock was so bad, it was because there was bad flooding in this guys CRX and he couldnt avoid it and it was running a bypass valve....bypass can only do so much...but i've always run with a CAI with all my cars unless I was boosting on the car then obviously theres no need, i mean if i can run a CAI on my NSX i had im sure anyone could run a CAI with common sense ya know

nothing to do with tuners and everything to do with being a color blind tard. just saying

or your just called a ricer

I did a quick search and I need 9006 bulbs for the high's and low's. What kind of bulb would give me HID quality lighting? Or if I did go the HID route, what would I need to do?

I've found thatthere are alot of bulbs that claim they are brightest and what not, and i've used all those silverstars, and hyper white bulbs...all garbage...might as well get an HID kit if you want a HID quality, those bulbs dont do justice compared to kits you can buy. You can buy a kit off of Ebay if you want, me and my brothers use this guy and purchased all of our kits on here and they work perfectly fine, plug and play easy installation.

Xentec HID Kits

and you can pick from the different light intensities to get that color you would like to run...

color.jpg

maybe in your area you don't have to worry about flooded out streets but living where i do, i have to watch all the time because we get major rains from lake mich, and when i lived in alabama the rain storms were pretty bad in the spring/hurricane season and they would flood out the highway at some points.

part of our campus floods to the point of road closing from a stream behind the engineering building lol

of course only a dumbass would drive through it.. we have a full cold air on the Z and have never had a problem.. even in greenville where it rains faster then it can drain which leads to a lot of water on the road

my main point of not spending the money on a full cold air is its pointless.. not really going to help the car any more then a short ram.. esp. if there isnt full exhaust done as well

and as far as the hids.. i run the white bulbs and see fine.. plenty of light... the light scatter from hids in stock housing can be crapty.. i've seen some that were not that bad but I still think that money can be spent somewhere else thats more important

i agree that most people wont go through the puddles but sometimes you cant help it (at night when you see it right as you enter) but yes, the only reason to really do an intake on a stock car is because you can wash the filter (k&n) and that it sounds cool... it will gain like 2-5hp at the motor, then going through your auto trans it will be about 1/4 horse at the wheels.

Archived