want questions answered before i start

so i have a 1993 Honda Civic Hatchback EG with a stock D15B7 non-vtech motor in it, but i want to build a D16Y8 or Z6 with a ZC bottom end. can and which would be better/more power, but safe, to throw on top of the ZC bottom end, D16Y8 or Z6 head? and would it be ok if i threw RC440cc injectors on my D15B7? what would happen? more power? may fail? just wondering and trying to questions answered before i do stuff

bigger injectors does not mean more power. all that will happen is you will be wasting fuel unless the rest of the motor is built accordingly. honda motors are not limited by fuel supply, it is air flow that is your limiting factor. it is pretty safe to assume that stock injectors should be sufficient all the way up to around 200hp before you run into supply problems.

• 3 weeks later...

This is how your car will run with dsm 450cc blue top injectors...And yes that is fuel vapor being pissed out of the exhaust. Absolutely ZERO power and barely crawled at a high rpm through my neighborhood to my buddies house so I could install my turbo..Tn theory the car should never have ran but it had been just rebuilt for high boost.

tru, but bigger injectors means more power.

and yea im gonna buy a ZC bottom end and most likely a Z6 head, i will also throw the injectors on the build and try an boost it sum

If you honestly think this, then maybe you should rethink your idea of rebuilding a motor.

Bigger injectors do not mean more power

More air AND more fuel mean more power

You need to READ READ READ.

This is how your car will run with dsm 450cc blue top injectors...And yes that is fuel vapor being pissed out of the exhaust. Absolutely ZERO power and barely crawled at a high rpm through my neighborhood to my buddies house so I could install my turbo..Tn theory the car should never have ran but it had been just rebuilt for high boost.

lol it sounds like its got asthma

why has no one pointed out the obvious

why the hell are you going to find a ZC bottom end just to put a Z6 head on it? they are the same fricken motor assuming you are talking a SOHC

There are (3) ZC's:

DOHC non vtec

SOHC non vtec

SOHC vtec --------- aka the Z6 without a sensor on the back of the intake mani and maybe 5 more hp and a smidge more torque

Last time I checked if you get a dohc zc you cant put a sohc head on it.. so you cant be talking about that

so i'm going to assume you want a SOHC ZC.. aka a Z6

bascially either do a mini me and put a d16 head on the d15.. or just get a d16 from somewhere and drop that in

and you better not ask how to do either one of those cause there are 193409 write ups on the internet about both mini mes and d15 to d16 swaps

Archived