Faux dual exhaust

OSOLMIO

I think I like the look of two exhaust tips peeking out from the rear of the car. Does anyone make a "phoney dual exahust look" kit? Something that would place the muffler forward of where it is then run two exhaust pipes out the back or am I still stuck in the muscle car era and need to learn to live the single pipe rice burner life?

I think I like the look of two exhaust tips peeking out from the rear of the car. Does anyone make a "phoney dual exahust look" kit? Something that would place the muffler forward of where it is then run two exhaust pipes out the back or am I still stuck in the muscle car era and need to learn to live the single pipe rice burner life?

Yes you need to let this idea die. If it wasnt there from the factory, it's going to look ricey.

Yes you need to let this idea die. If it wasnt there from the factory, it's going to look ricey.

Thanks, saves me money too. I guess I need to find out what I need to avoid to looking "ricey". Like is there a list? I am serious. Or I could put all the s---t on it and spike my hair and get some glow sticks to twirl....so I guess nix the neon lights underneath the car too, huh? Geez how things have changed since I owned my first Del Sol. When I went shopping for a Del Sol this year to try to relive my childhood it was almost impossible to find a Del Sol that had not been "modified" to the point it was beyond repair. The only original part was the roof on some, while cracked and sagging different color or primered body kits seemed to be de rigeur.

Muscle cars have dual exhaust because they have v6 and v8s. If you can squeeze one of those under your hood then you could make a dual exhaust.

Muscle cars have dual exhaust because they have v6 and v8s. If you can squeeze one of those under your hood then you could make a dual exhaust.

Actually I would love to do that if I had the skills. A small V8, yes, old guys are incorrigible when it comes to cubic inches...I mean liters and a loud rumbling exhaust. Okay, no duals...no traction bars either huh or parachute mounted to the rear bumper just to give the illusion of speed?

^ that reminded me of the ricer 350z video i posted a while back :laugh:

and to the OP yea times have changed and not many people are into bodykits, neons, and all that junk..

you should put a 383 stroker in the trunk of the sol and make it a V8 del sol MR :laugh:

Thanks, saves me money too. I guess I need to find out what I need to avoid to looking "ricey". Like is there a list? I am serious. Or I could put all the s---t on it and spike my hair and get some glow sticks to twirl....so I guess nix the neon lights underneath the car too, huh? Geez how things have changed since I owned my first Del Sol. When I went shopping for a Del Sol this year to try to relive my childhood it was almost impossible to find a Del Sol that had not been "modified" to the point it was beyond repair. The only original part was the roof on some, while cracked and sagging different color or primered body kits seemed to be de rigeur.

There's no list per se, but generally, anything that isn't stock could be considered ricey. It's just a matter of how non-stock you want to be. I try to keep the stock look as much as i can as you can see in my sig picture. They only thing that isn't stock on the outside is the wheels, grill, and spoiler, which are all Mugen so it's close. And exhaust of course, but even then I got a quiet Greddy SP2 which is the a similar shape and material as stock, stainless steel.

same here, i try to keep my mods on the exterior subtle yet make the car look aggressive.. its all about what you like.. IMO rice is bodykits, huge wings, ugly/crazily designed hoods, neons, APC parts ( :laugh: )

^ that reminded me of the ricer 350z video i posted a while back :laugh:

and to the OP yea times have changed and not many people are into bodykits, neons, and all that junk..

you should put a 383 stroker in the trunk of the sol and make it a V8 del sol MR :laugh:

Oh that video still makes me scream...the one thing I won't do is bolt a phoney blower to the hood! What did that fool say he had a 483? How could you keep so calm without screaming, "you stupid mother f-------, what street corner is your mama working?" Anyway, I could not talk with the guy and keep a straight face let alone calm voice. Yeh, that video should have gone viral.

You should put a huge blower on your hood

I would but she charges too much per minute and I would have to drive slow so she doesn't fall off or install something like a towel bar for her to hang on to.

I would but she charges too much per minute and I would have to drive slow so she doesn't fall off or install something like a towel bar for her to hang on to.

lol

same here, i try to keep my mods on the exterior subtle yet make the car look aggressive.. its all about what you like.. IMO rice is bodykits, huge wings, ugly/crazily designed hoods, neons, APC parts ( :laugh: )

my car has literally none of that but you call it rice

i sadly fell into the category of that big muffler look... but its a price to pay to have the sound you want... i love how my car sounds.. but i also just finished a b18c swap with full 2.5 mandrel bent stainless piping, test pipe and dc sports muffler. and the rest of my car still looks stock except for my new wheels...

how have you missed all the pics that get posted of the car lol?

colt made that sig for me over a year ago.. bent one of those rims january/febuary of 2009

and i got the new one piece headlights in feb of this year i believe? i did get the clear ones because i dont like the 'jdm' amber corners on the car but they are not 'chrome'

Tow Hooks: noun, Rice that is bolted to a car that is so unreliable that the owner is tired of reaching under the car to the oem tow point.

Sorry brian but i gotta back up my solvic twin.

Archived