need info about space in a del sol

marauder228vw

I AM in the market for a del sol and i need info to see if i could actually get in one. I am 6'5 so i want to know if i could fit confortably in one. is it possible? i know i fit in an s2000. Any info would be greatly apreciated, thanks

I AM in the market for a del sol and i need info to see if i could actually get in one. I am 6'5 so i want to know if i could fit confortably in one. is it possible? i know i fit in an s2000. Any info would be greatly apreciated, thanks

If you fit in S2K I am thinking you will be fine in Sol. I know a guy 6'4" that fits.

width is a bigger issue then height.

i'm 6'3 and have no problems, but i only weigh in at 200. my coworker is 6'8 or so and tops 350 and he can get in but not enough room to actually turn the wheel and shift.

If you fit in an S, then you must have very long legs. Fortunately, the Del Sol, like the S, has plenty of leg room and even more head room. It will be a bit of a crouch to get down into the seat, moreso than the S2000, but once there, you should be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Like everyone else has said there is a lot of leg room and the seats are so low you can fit your tall self in one. I am only 5'4" and I fit. I have to pull the seat so far foward there is a lot of room behind the seat to smuggle a family of illegals. My wife insisted we get another Del Sol for the legroom. She is 5'11" and is all legs and loves the legroom. I measured her sitting in it and she has 5" from the top of her head to the headliner but her booty makes her sit up higher than you would. Now if you were considering a Miata I would say forget that. Even as jockey sized as I am I had to hang out the driver side window to have any headroom. Good luck finding one. We looked for three years to find one, 95-97 that was completely stock and an at least an Si. Wanted a Vtec but could not find one that was unmodified.

if he can fit in a s2k its no problem

i feel like i dont fit in an s2k and im 5'6" and 120 lbs

I'm 5'6" and I did feel a little short at first in the S2K, but was able to get comfortable pretty quickly....still want one someday.

If you fit in S2K I am thinking you will be fine in Sol. I know a guy 6'4" that fits.

might that be me? lol

im 6'4 195 and i fit just fine.. hell i even stick my left foot out the window when im bored going down the freeway lol. i love all the room they have but i wish the seats sat lower, but im getting bride low max for that reason :happy:

Not to sound like anyones "Dad" here, but do you have any idea what the crash injuries would be if you were to have someone hit you while your foot is out the window? It makes me cringe every time I see someones kid riding shotgun with their feet on the passenger side airbag too.

Crash testing has been done with instrumented dummies in these positions and the results are just plain nasty. Lets just say the leg out the window position would make damn sure children would not likely be in your future. The legs on the dash just basically breaks you in half as your torso submarines under the belt and the airbag blows your legs back over your shoulders.

Please drive in the position intended by the seat provided. Don't turn a minor accident into a life threatening situation.

OK, no more parental BS from me.... till the next I guess.... tongue.gif

• 1 month later...

well i got my del sol, its a 94 si, but the downside to it is that its automatic. its almost completly stock except for the magnaflow exhaust and hids. im am very happy with it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

The guy that owned it, i guess bought altezza lights and sprayed them horribly with black paint so those have to be replaced.

Well for mods, hopefully very soon, slam it and put some gsr blades, and after that source out d series tranny and convert it and that mugen lip. :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

well i got my del sol, its a 94 si, but the downside to it is that its automatic. its almost completly stock except for the magnaflow exhaust and hids. im am very happy with it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Nothing wrong with an automatic if you are just going to cruise and especially in hilly or congested traffic areas which some of us live in.

Archived