Stay away from saflite autoglass

cmgogo

So last thursday I schedualed an appointment to have them come out friday to have my windshield replaced.

Told them they would need to bring new molding clips, since the ones on the car are the OEM ones, and are 15 years old, and would probably break.

So friday rolls around and the guy shows up and gets right to work as im cleaning up my garage getting ready for the 3.9L to get dropped off from the machine shop (which didnt, they couldnt source parts, so it didnt get delivered till monday)

and about 2 hours later he says hes done, but that he needs to get the clips for the mouldings since some of them broke off, and to not drive it at highway speeds till he can come back sat or monday. So i tell him that I told them to order them beforehand as I KNEW it would need new ones. He said they didnt have them in stock, and that they were ordered.

So sat, no show, monday i call at 2pm and ask what time he will be out to finish the job, manager said he didnt know anything about it, but that he will have the tech come out before close of business with the clips. 530 I call again, manager says that the tech is on the way. 6pm call again recorded message saying they are closed.

Tuesday morning call at 730am, manager says that the tech is being diverted and will be there asap, 30 minutes later he shows up, "installs" the new clips and puts my mouldings back on then leaves. I go out to get in my car and the top parts of the mouldings are sitting a 1/4 inch in the air, and the top moulding is bowed all over the place.

I take the car on I-205 over the bridge and a windgust made both mouldings take flight, off of my car, and into the river.

Get to my friends house and look at the clips, 2 of them are new, the rest are old.

Call up the shop and say WTF?!?!

They tell me ill have to pay for new mouldings and new clips, and that they will have to replace the whole windshield since the clips are supposed to be installed when the glass goes in (the glue is what holds the clips down)

told them no, your buying me new mouldings, new clips, and replacing my windshield free of charge, eventually they agreed. Said they would be out wed

Wed call the shop at noon, talked to new manager, said that they never ordered the mouldings, because they never knew i needed new ones, said he would call the dealership and get new ones next day

today I get a call from a tech on the way out here, says he will be here at noon to replace the glass and clips, I ask him if he has my mouldings, he said that there is nothing on the work order about mouldings, and he would have to call the shop, he called me back saying that he just placed the order for the mouldings and they would be here on monday.

So about 30 minutes ago I called saflite headquarteres in ohio and told them whats going on, they set me up with a different shop that is not in their network, they are paying for new glass, new mouldings, new clips, and new weather stripping and a full detail (since the first tech smoked in my car! I found ashes all over the dash, and I havent had a cig in 3 weeks, so i know its not from me, since i pulled all of my interior out and detailed my car 1 week after I quit)

I go in saturday at 2pm.

so 1week and 1 day to get my windshield replaced... this is bullcrap.

I have a pointer for your mom...

Safelite sucks for other reasons too. Needed a new windshield for my civic. SL wanted an extra $50 to come to my location and charge $200 for my windshield. I found a mom-and-pop shop that charged no travel fee even though they were farther and it only cost $175 installed on site.

I have a pointer for your mom...

Safelite sucks for other reasons too. Needed a new windshield for my civic. SL wanted an extra $50 to come to my location and charge $200 for my windshield. I found a mom-and-pop shop that charged no travel fee even though they were farther and it only cost $175 installed on site.

I pay $150.00 installed on almost all windshields!:D

I'll be going with safelite when I replace my windscreen on my camry..Luckily I have a friend who works for them and will hook me up

I'm going with them ..Partly because he's a friend and according to my mother who is an insurance agent, locally they are the best installers..Also the last locally known place I went to didnt use enough sealant and the channel rotted out..I had to silicone over the molding and roof line to stop the leaking, and puddling in my car..yeah I was pissed and I couldn't get anything resolved..

they replaced my windshield when i wrecked it way back when.. also got the cant get new side moulding because they cant order them

windshield got a rock chip on the highway a couple months after.. so they come out and 'seal' it.. still see the crack.. and now the sealant that should have a lifetime warranty on it is seperating from the glass... wtf!

the guy who does the windshields in my area of SC also decided to tell me that I should buy a new car!? because the glass got chipped!? on a highway!?

like that never happens? f' that guy

sucks though cause i have another chip and want it replaced before i move.. but i dont like the butthead at the safelite here

• 1 month later...

Archived