3rd times a charm

cmgogo

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just did peal and stick roofing insulation in the walls and floor of the trunk as well as the inside of the trunk lid, car doors, and carpet padding foam insulation on the inside of the rear quarter next to the rear bench (no water to worry about). that made a significant difference in road noise and deff improved audio quality on the same system. if i turn my system up as high as it can go (without blowing anything) and have the windows rolled all the way up, you can barely hear anything outside, no thumping from the sub, and no rattles. my doors also just thud when they close, rather than sounding like a tin can.

did you use 1 or 2 layers?

just 1, could have done two but i was tired or contorting myself into award positions to get to all the little nooks, my fingers were all sliced up from the foil, and i just wanted to be done.

yeah my hands were a bloody mess for about 2 months. but then again as you saw from the pictures... there was NOTHING in my car so it made life a little easier, sans doors, those were a major PITA because i did both sides of the inner frame and i also did the door skin. That and the rear quarter panels were probably the worst of it, if i had to do it again, id just pull the dash too and get the spray on deadener and do it that way.

Oh also update, working on a seat for deeter (my devil stuffed bear that rides in my car with me) that is skinned like my seat covers. Built him a seat and everything out of some old sheet metal I had from doing a belt gaurd. SO my mom is going to stich up the cover after I spray on some 3/8ths foam so the sheet metal doesnt cut into the cover. Also have a aerospace grade buckle that I am going to make a 4pt racing harness with that will get bolted to his seat, then its getting mounted between the bins in the change tray and is getting fastened to the rear panel. (its backed with MDF to cut down on rattles and so i could more firmly mount it to the rear firewall.

Oh also update, working on a seat for deeter (my devil stuffed bear that rides in my car with me) that is skinned like my seat covers. Built him a seat and everything out of some old sheet metal I had from doing a belt gaurd. SO my mom is going to stich up the cover after I spray on some 3/8ths foam so the sheet metal doesnt cut into the cover. Also have a aerospace grade buckle that I am going to make a 4pt racing harness with that will get bolted to his seat, then its getting mounted between the bins in the change tray and is getting fastened to the rear panel. (its backed with MDF to cut down on rattles and so i could more firmly mount it to the rear firewall.

Pics of said bear?? :)

still a bit sick, and nothing new on sol, still no cash flow (VA still hasnt paid my GI bill) but once i get paid going to start prepping for paint. Also have a mugen replica spoiler that is getting mounted soon, and still need to get LCAs and sway bar in along with getting a rear disc conversion and a few other parts like kteller kit, high flow cat, etc

very very nice corey, but red?! didnt i learn you nothin? at least you have a garage to prevent the pink.

just to bust on lincorp...the silver on the door is different than the rest of the silver of his sol

ive never been a big red fan

me either

Archived