Demons 1992 Hatch Restoration/Build Thread

SpeedDemon

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

she's going to tell you to buy something other then brembos if she really likes this new product you dolt

if you want cheaper several people on here use ground control and i think preston uses road magnet springs. me personally, i wouldn't use megan racing springs, or any 'generic' springs for that matter.

• 4 weeks later...

got my cheap oem lip on and the mudflaps from mine. the passenger side flap doesnt like up really well. so ill have to redo it. rear flaps go on after the new panels are welded in

000_1987.jpg

000_1988.jpg

new lip, had to rig it on there. was cheap and crooked. ill get a new one after some time

000_1989.jpg

000_1991.jpg

000_1992.jpg

000_1993.jpg

000_1994.jpg

here was my first attempt at painting a valve cover. i didnt like it so i stripped it back down and ill redo it tomorrow. im thinking polished aluminum or chrome(just to hang on my wall)

000_1995.jpg

haha thanks. it wasnt bad for $30

im saving right now to get all of my paint paid for plus labor. i refuse to rattle can it. i hate matte colors, i love gloss.

after that it will get dropped with a tokico blue hp kit and either paint the rims i have or get a set of meshies

hopefully by friday. i have my panels sitting here. and when i get home from work tomorrow ill start cutting/welding them in after i finish fabricating my new inner fender lip. after that its duraglass for some shaping and then i gotta get with the guy to have it painted. he said it takes 3 days max. im off mon-thurs. work friday/sat. and import faceoff sunday. gonna be a tight squeeze lol

hopefully by friday. i have my panels sitting here. and when i get home from work tomorrow ill start cutting/welding them in after i finish fabricating my new inner fender lip. after that its duraglass for some shaping and then i gotta get with the guy to have it painted. he said it takes 3 days max. im off mon-thurs. work friday/sat. and import faceoff sunday. gonna be a tight squeeze lol

Forgot you still had to do ur panels man good luck. Make sure to get pics. And yeah tight squeeze but well worth it.

well, umm, don't look now but d-series has an excellent multi-page diy thread on replacing rusted rear quarters with about 100 pictures and step by step instructions on his eg hatch.

you might want to read that before you begin. :laugh:

• 1 month later...

000_2145.jpg

000_2146.jpg

yes i know the tires are flat. im going to change them out for my bridgestone potenzas. so there will be a little bit more rubber too. they are going to stay that color. i just have to clean them up

thoughts?

lol yes. low is in the near future. gonna go with a 1.8" drop front and 1.7" to 1.9" rear with lowering springs. that way it will settle to around 2" drop

so about those centercaps, how much would you charge to fab some up?

Well they would be custom 1 off pieces so probably around $100,000

It would be hard to make them without having the wheel here because I would need to take precise measurements and test the first one to make sure it would fit properly.

Also would need to make sure they wouldnt fly off when you got your paul walker on

Archived