Demons 1992 Hatch Restoration/Build Thread

SpeedDemon

Use newspaper on your rust holes, it works much better when applying Bondo.

LOL.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

new gsr shift knob and front mudflaps from mike. now i finally have a full set of mud flaps!

000_1860.jpg

000_1861.jpg

ignore the dates..had to put new batteries in camera lol

Its called a vacuum! Get one!:laugh:

Its called a vacuum! Get one!:laugh:

lol well they have been sitting since we bought the car. wasnt really concerned unless i got a front set. ill try and get them on tomorrow

The eg is coming along nicely man good job on the rust.

thanks man. yeah i owe a lot of help to a buddy of mine, he is a master at fiberglass. we just were cramped on time so it looks like poopie

he is the said guy who did the fiberglass work

2367_1034862233219_1275342378_30142180_4892_n.jpg

ah i see now. yeah we didnt get all of the sandblasting dust out so its kinda sparkly. ill clean it better once all of the rust is finished. well its mainly just the rest of the fiberglass and some bondo for shaping.

ah i see now. yeah we didnt get all of the sandblasting dust out so its kinda sparkly. ill clean it better once all of the rust is finished. well its mainly just the rest of the fiberglass and some bondo for shaping.

Your hatch be in the house??:crazy:

The fiberglass was only temporary for the first part of summer. I can't find a donor car so I'm gonna look for that company that sells prolded panels. The link is on my laptop though hahahah

It's not easy cutting them. It's an outer and inner layer for the panel. You can sell them for $100 a set at the minimum on CL

I just need the outer part of the corner. Around 4" from the lip up. And I need down behing the rocker panel too

Glazing didn't work. So were fabricating our own panels from steel or aluminum.

Motor build is pushed back a bit. Had to give gf money so they would be able to eat. Just can't see buying parts when someone I know can't afford to eat

• 3 weeks later...

so me and my dad finally got around to putting the master cylinder for the brakes on....we bench bleed it, put it on, bleed all of the wheels(30-40 times each bleed, 3-4 bleeds per wheel). and just my luck, my brakes got worse. f.m.l i have almost no pressure to the back calipers. so im thinking the proportion valve...i dont have $280+tax for the dealership faggots.

actually we just found out what it was. the shop called us(because it was supposed to be getting a pressure bleed...that failed 3 times). and they said that we were bleeding the car wrong. so my dad took our haynes manual in and showed him. turns out the Haynes manual has an incorrect bleeding sequence listed for my car. so now the brakes are fixed.

they are going to pressure bleed the clutch tomorrow morning and i get to pick it up. after that i have to get new rotors because every single one of mine are warped. so maybe some brembo blanks are in order here soon

• 3 weeks later...

Archived