Demons 1992 Hatch Restoration/Build Thread

SpeedDemon

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
do away with the shift knob lol

no because the old one was a universal one from autozone. and the stock shift knobs are idiotic looking. so that one is staying until i get either a spoon knob or 8 ball

awesome :D

Latest pic? what does it look like now?

same, i havent gotten time to get around to doing anything. changed the oil and filter today. that was a bish....forgot to lube the little ring on the filter and it was stuck on

• 3 months later...

my graduation tassle, girlfriends graduation tassle(she got an extra) fuzzy red handcuffs, and boobie beads lol sadly enough everything has been used at least once

oh and btw that is sigged haha

Car is starting to look like a gypsy wagon. You should just continue the trend and make every removable panel a different color.

VW_Harlequin_Golf.jpg

That is factory stock, btw.

I :heart: your hatch w00t :D

I want your car!! and those rims!

Sweet work!! I'm excited to see what you do next!

Are you going to keep the rims black?

yep. gonna get sand blasted and painted black

Car is starting to look like a gypsy wagon. You should just continue the trend and make every removable panel a different color.

VW_Harlequin_Golf.jpg

That is factory stock, btw.

ew. no im gonna fix the rust this week and then its getting painted. no rattle can junk though

Harlequin edition Veedubs are the SHHHHHHAT.

roffle

Ug or not those vw's have a valid claim as one of the rarest production models to ever be distributed.

Whats your time frame on paint?

Ug or not those vw's have a valid claim as one of the rarest production models to ever be distributed.

Whats your time frame on paint?

well im supposed to go to ploaris mall tomorrow to get my b16 block, mains, oil baffle, pickup, and pump for 275. tuesday im cutting the rust out and hopefully can have the quarters done that evening with fiberglass. so that will give me two days to completely paint it. if i dont get it done im gonna leave the car at home friday when i go to work and my dad will finish it up. im just going to stick with the blue it is now. that way all i have to paint is the bumper, hatch gate, fender, and wherever i fixed the rust. the roof needs some touch up of a clear coat so ill get that while i wait to do a second coat.

Yea..only supposed to be around 300 or so made..and that's what I've pulled off VWVortex. They said they made a handful of cars, and then went wild with panel swapping and whatnot.

Just get dude to stuff newspaper where metal used to be and bondo over it, it'll hold.

SERIOUSLY, IT WILL.

Yea..only supposed to be around 300 or so made..and that's what I've pulled off VWVortex. They said they made a handful of cars, and then went wild with panel swapping and whatnot.

Just get dude to stuff newspaper where metal used to be and bondo over it, it'll hold.

SERIOUSLY, IT WILL.

haha i remember reading that thread. so no

type r oil pump and pickup

000_1701.jpg

type r water pump

000_1703.jpg

new p30 pistons on pr3 rods. the pr3's are gonna go bye bye for some ls rods. hello 12:1 comp.!

000_1704.jpg

the rings are now off and actually looked like they were in great shape

000_1706.jpg

4-1 header that he let me have for $50. sure its banged up a bit. but well worth $50

000_1707.jpg

000_1708.jpg

well i cant really do anything until the guy gets the b18a1 motor pulled. i happened to turn the header over and notice two spots where the weld cracked and had an exhaust leak. no biggie though. still havent gotten around to fiberglassing the panels. so that will wait until summer

Archived