Demons 1992 Hatch Restoration/Build Thread

SpeedDemon

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nah streets are too deadly around here. ill go polyurethane before anything, that way if it gets scuffed i can patch it with black rubber patch and paint it

wouldn't abs plastic be even cheaper? i mean you can get ones with descent fitment from ebay assuming its a good seller. i've thought about buying a lip and riveting a piece of sheet metal to the bottom of it (in such a way that it's barely visible) to see if that helps.

that was my idea, to rivet the sheet metal onto the lip. but i was going to use double sided tape in the middle portions. because if i rivet it to the bumper and bottom it out it will crack around the rivets. unless i used over sized washers and screws every 6 inches and make it look like a tank....which might actually look good

i see seb posting a reply right now lol....ill just edit this one

yeah seb, ive always liked the look of a pearl white hatch with carbon hood, black rims and lip....looks tits

that was my idea, to rivet the sheet metal onto the lip. but i was going to use double sided tape in the middle portions. because if i rivet it to the bumper and bottom it out it will crack around the rivets. unless i used over sized washers and screws every 6 inches and make it look like a tank....which might actually look good

i see seb posting a reply right now lol....ill just edit this one

yeah seb, ive always liked the look of a pearl white hatch with carbon hood, black rims and lip....looks tits

or just say eff it and do the home depot lip :thumbsup:

no not that one, just a lip. ill have to decide on what style later. i only have the pic up becuase of color and hood/wheels

I love the hatch over all! Put the right lip on that bitch, and it be hot and clean as hell! :drool:

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

did some dry and wet sanding on the hood this morning, picking up some black primer when i go to the chiropractor today. then some gloss black paint

000_1229.jpg

000_1230.jpg

after looking at the hood for a few minutes the previous owner either didnt know how to wet sand for sh1t...or just didnt wet sand

first coat of black primer is done. gonna leave it to dry overnight inside the shed. next is 3-4 coats of gloss black then 3-4 coats of clear :D

any ideas on what to put on the hood?

maybe my HF name?

Please tell me u ain't being serious.

Paint it. And leave it.

yeah i am serious. but not huge. maybe just up in the top right corner by the drivers door. maybe 8"x8" and do it white to match the soon to be paint job for the body

if i have to peel it off it damages the clear coat. if anything ill just buff or sand it down to primer or metal again and re-coat to black. and plus...its ohio, if someone seen a hood for sale with SpeedDemon on it they would think it will make their 1.5l mad fast lol. probably easier to sell with it on...but i only will sell the hood if i get a CF one...and that is VERY iffy

hmm cant decide which font to go with.... gonna put it in the top right corner of the hood. no bigger than 8"x8"

HoodDesign.jpg

leaning more towards the top one

hmm what about this?

HOOODESIGN.jpg

or

hoodredblue.jpg

so what u think?

white on black?

red on black?

or blue on black?

Archived