Demons 1992 Hatch Restoration/Build Thread

SpeedDemon

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tint looks good mang. that thing needs a paint job bad

im still saving. i want to get the quarters competely done first and a new hood with no dents. i need to fix the weather stripping on the windshield too. but i think ill just get some black silicone. the paint will probably be that color blue with some silver accents in it. i love the tint though. but the back sides need redone. didnt get the dirt off the window :( so now i have some tiny bubbles

no i got it done here locally at a shop. its guaranteed for life. i showed them the back windows when i got the front done. he said to just bring it in anytime and they would fit me in free of charge

well duh. actually whip cream gets sticky after you lick it off so in the process of finding something not so sticky.....

she's just asking for a gnarly yeast infection.

from what i can see on the pictures the car looks really straight (everything looks like in lines up nicely and the gaps look pretty much perfect). and the interior looks spotless.

well u dont put the lube down there lol. you use ky warming lube haha

yeah everything lines up except the passenger side fender. it sits really close to the hood. and the passenger side door panel the fabric came unglued so that needs redone

well u dont put the lube down there lol. you use ky warming lube haha

yeah everything lines up except the passenger side fender. it sits really close to the hood. and the passenger side door panel the fabric came unglued so that needs redone

3m fabric glue works dandy for that stuff (the door panel :thumbsup: ). use it as an excuse to get some new suede upholstery

3m fabric glue works dandy for that stuff (the door panel :thumbsup: ). use it as an excuse to get some new suede upholstery

im debating that right now lol.. but im always broke so its about useless. i might just glue it and leave it for a beater car

no i got it done here locally at a shop. its guaranteed for life. i showed them the back windows when i got the front done. he said to just bring it in anytime and they would fit me in free of charge

so are they going to fix it and get the dirt out?

so are they going to fix it and get the dirt out?

yeah they are gonna competely remove the tint and clean the windows in and out. then re apply for free :D

just have to pick a day when im not busy

looks like i got some new parts coming

turbonetics turbo kit set to 7 lbs and the guy said he would do a free dyno tune!

just kidding im getting a new hood and momo steering wheel and hub lol. picked it all up for $100 just gotta go pay the guy and get it

i have the new hood and steering wheel now! ill take pics later

so what should i do with the new hood? im eventually going to pain the entire car the si blue like it is. wanted to do black but there is another black hatch in this town. i was thinking maybe a black or blue hood with a design of some sort. some thing little and subtle such. any ideas?

well your ass left like 10 minutes too soon haha

here is the wheel setup im gonna go with, mixed the wheel off the shell with the plate off the new wheel, there is a significant difference in sizes

000_1168.jpg

000_1169.jpg

and here is the hood as promised

000_1170.jpg

so thats it for now folks. ill be sure to get pics of the wheel installation when i get around to it.

also what design should i do on the hood?i thought about just doing a paint match to the origional color but considered a black hood with gold designs.

any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

ok i have decided on a look i want to go with on my hatch and here it is

pearl white paint job

carbon or black hood

black blades(might get brians this up and coming summer)

Type R lip

lowered with teins

projector headlights

get a set of tail lights like mike has on his hatch

fog lights

3366601349_cbbda65615.jpg

3357008736_d9f2baac15.jpg

what u guys think?(and yes i will have all body work done before this starts)

Archived