Orca89's Build Thread

Orca89

how hard is it to understand that it shouldn't be that hard

if you got the other one off fine then there is obviously a serious problem that 100 pounds of force should have been able to fix

if anything you'll have to take off the whole assembly and take it to a machine shop

(just because you've been going to a tech school for like a year doesn't mean you'll be able to fix your car all alone all the time.. machine shops and special tools are needed)

Quit complain. your starting to scare everyone away.

The guy is actually doing it the right way. Im sure he can change his clutch is honestly not a hard job.

I never went to tech school and i have build several motors. So just stoppping Complain your starting to sound like a hoe

but since you know all because your a tech student have fun fixing it.. its either something completely dumb that your overlooking or something is going to need some more help with and with probably end up costing some money

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How hard is it to understand that you can remove axle nut as long as there is enough space for socket and flange on nut will clear opening?? Hell it might even be part of the reason for having a removable center cap??:thumbsup: Once he gets nut loose he can put it back up on stands and go to town on the rest! :D

Removable center caps are designed to cover the wheel nut or bearing cover that all cars have. It would be difficult to machine the correct depth on every rim esp when that depth changes from model to model.

And to remove loc-tite the package recommends heating.

Personally Id drop the whole assembly out. disconnect the strut from the chassis disconnect the lca/tierod and pull the whole thing out of the way, but thats me.

shes not talking to you. shes talking to the person who she quoted in her sig

thankyou

and preston you DIDNT do a lot.. you paid someone to paint the car and what not.. and body work isnt equivalent to mechanic work IMO

and i wasnt saying he CANT do it.. i was saying when you have next to no experience its normally helpful to ask someone who DOES know what they are doing.. he's the one who was talking like he did know what was going on because he is going to school for it

inspectjdm.. learn to use the quote function.. your starting to look and sound like a moron

and trust me.. no one is complaining.. i simply said there are other ways to do it then a breaker bar but obviously you guys are bent are trying the hardest way possible.. because YOU DONT EVEN NEED TO TAKE THAT NUT OFF (like pearce said.. drop the whole thing.. after i said drop the whole thing)

thankyou

and preston you DIDNT do a lot.. you paid someone to paint the car and what not.. and body work isnt equivalent to mechanic work IMO

and i wasnt saying he CANT do it.. i was saying when you have next to no experience its normally helpful to ask someone who DOES know what they are doing.. he's the one who was talking like he did know what was going on because he is going to school for it

i did frame work. That is alot harder then mechanical work

Mechanical work is usually just unbolt stuff, replace whatever, re-bolt stuff with proper application of grease. Body work may not be equivalent to mechanical work, but if anything it's harder and far more exacting. And I wasn't saying I know everything, I was saying all the suggestions were ignoring most of what I'd posted and seemed to assume I was an idiot who'd never even seen a wheel hub before. I'm sorry if I came across that way, I have a tendency to just run with some things, and I don't always catch myself before hitting the "add reply" button

inspectjdm.. learn to use the quote function.. your starting to look and sound like a moron

You have a point... although I wouldn't have put it so bluntly. jdm, just use quote and /quote in []'s

and trust me.. no one is complaining.. i simply said there are other ways to do it then a breaker bar but obviously you guys are bent are trying the hardest way possible.. because YOU DONT EVEN NEED TO TAKE THAT NUT OFF (like pearce said.. drop the whole thing.. after i said drop the whole thing)

No, you don't need to, but it's actually easier to do it by removing the axle nut than by pulling half of the suspension apart. Granted, the gap in difficulty is far narrower with my car than with one that's actually in good shape... but removing the nut does still come out on top.

any moron can pull a frame 'straight' I know because a moron did the frame work on my car that i have to get fixed again (oh and my car aligns perfect and has no camber or anything.. but that doesnt mean its right)

It takes a lot to do it right

(oh yah and I have frame work done on the drag truck i have sitting in my driveway.. which isn't a daily i drive to show and park.. it had to be done right so I didn't tear the whole truck up)

but anyway I have hw that is a lot more important then argueing the fact that you guys can't read for crap and think you know all when orca could have been done in the time he spent on the nut

Mechanical work is usually just unbolt stuff, replace whatever, re-bolt stuff with proper application of grease. Body work may not be equivalent to mechanical work, but if anything it's harder and far more exacting. And I wasn't saying I know everything, I was saying all the suggestions were ignoring most of what I'd posted and seemed to assume I was an idiot who'd never even seen a wheel hub before. I'm sorry if I came across that way, I have a tendency to just run with some things, and I don't always catch myself before hitting the "add reply" button

You have a point... although I wouldn't have put it so bluntly. jdm, just use quote and /quote in []'s

No, you don't need to, but it's actually easier to do it by removing the axle nut than by pulling half of the suspension apart. Granted, the gap in difficulty is far narrower with my car than with one that's actually in good shape... but removing the nut does still come out on top.

i see mechanical work as more then that.. when your dealing with tolerances and torques and what not that could be the difference between a crapty running motor and a great motor it IS more then just unbolt and bolt

he called me a hoe for complaining when i wasn't complaining and i was trying to help.. so he gets to be called a moron for trying to be a smartass and failing at it

the time and effort you've put into that bolt could have been used to quickly drop the suspension.. in a NORMAL case you may think the bolt is the best way but when its practically welded on it probably is the worst way

and i didnt mean anything rude by my response about the frame but i know plenty of people who claim to fix frames and dont do it right

I pulled the suspension apart in less then 20 mins both sides.

Anyways

I have this to offer

quotewrong.jpg

Yup as long as people keep giving me "fails" and "your doing it wrongs" in this thread I'll keep making them!

the time and effort you've put into that bolt could have been used to quickly drop the suspension.. in a NORMAL case you may think the bolt is the best way but when its practically welded on it probably is the worst way

Thing is, my suspension is almost as fracked up as that axle nut. Dealing with ball joints on my car is an exercise in frustration. Until I have the time and money to completely tear my Sol apart and put it back together properly, nothing is going to be easy...

hey d!ck head.. sorry my boyfriend and I don't think the best way of doing something is to 'chisel' and 'bend' things to fit

every mechanic who has seen that front brake assembly has said it looks fracked up and i plan on fixing it

(of course these are people who work on cars that are designed a bit better)

(just because you've been going to a tech school for like a year doesn't mean you'll be able to fix your car all alone all the time.. machine shops and special tools are needed)

but since you know all because your a tech student have fun fixing it.. its either something completely dumb that your overlooking or something is going to need some more help with and with probably end up costing some money

what? you ever heard of punctuation? anyways, the axle is designed like that from the factory... and it's not just honda's but

a lot of car companies do that... sh!t I would only know, i just work on cars everyday for a living right... and that axle nut has

nothing to do with the brake assembly either.

and about me going to a tech school....that has nothing to do with it. i been working on cars since i'm 14 years old, i've worked in dealerships, bodyshops, independent shops and

in business for myself. machine shops and special tools are needed when? when i rebuild my motor? what special tools? you can take the del sol among other vehicles apart with

basic tools!

any moron can pull a frame 'straight' I know because a moron did the frame work on my car that i have to get fixed again (oh and my car aligns perfect and has no camber or anything.. but that doesnt mean its right)

It takes a lot to do it right

(oh yah and I have frame work done on the drag truck i have sitting in my driveway.. which isn't a daily i drive to show and park.. it had to be done right so I didn't tear the whole truck up)

but anyway I have hw that is a lot more important then argueing the fact that you guys can't read for crap and think you know all when orca could have been done in the time he spent on the nut

girl you're stupid. yes any moron can pull a frame, but it takes someone to know what they are doing to do it right. it also takes someone with a fu#king brain to do their homework and

not let any moron work on their vehicle, if they can't do it themselves. you just spitting out sentences trying to sound smart?

first off don't knock someone, you paid to have your sh!t done too. and body work isn't equivalent to mechanic work? what does that mean? any monkey can

change/throw parts at a car... it takes a skilled technician to diagnose the problem to fix it right the first time. as for body work, you're talking about the lines of the car, and

no matter how great a painter you are, the body work/prep work leading up to that paint job is what makes or destroys a paint job.

you should just shut your trap girl and stick your face in some books and learn some facts! or you can race someone and lose control and fu%k your car up by spinning out into

a ditch again...

shak3yb0n3z When you refer to a member of the opposite sex in the manner you currently are it makes you sound like an uneducated moron. Its a shame to see that you have been raised to have no respect for the opposite sex. Now that we have established that you are a disrespectful uneducated moron all of your talking points and information is invalid. I couldn't imagine that you would ever work anywhere reputable with your attitude.

Furthermore sentences begin with a CAPITAL letter.

wow this thread is full of nonsence bullsh!t babbling about who-ha-diddly..

anyways.. did you get it figured out orca?

Possibly. I'm waiting on a call from someone who has a much more powerful impact driver. While I'm waiting I'm pulling the passenger side apart... or trying to. Is there some trick to getting the axles out of the transmission? Crowbar isn't working :dry:

Possibly. I'm waiting on a call from someone who has a much more powerful impact driver. While I'm waiting I'm pulling the passenger side apart... or trying to. Is there some trick to getting the axles out of the transmission? Crowbar isn't working :dry:

Piece of cake, or should be! I have the perfect thin pry bar, and a quick jerk and they are out!

Thing is, my suspension is almost as fracked up as that axle nut. Dealing with ball joints on my car is an exercise in frustration. Until I have the time and money to completely tear my Sol apart and put it back together properly, nothing is going to be easy...

I have a feeling a lot of cutting bolts and replacing stuff is in your future lol had to be done with my front suspension because a lot of it was rusted because my car came from up north

1)you ever heard of punctuation?

2) and about me going to a tech school....that has nothing to do with it.

3) machine shops and special tools are needed when? when i rebuild my motor? what special tools? you can take the del sol among other vehicles apart with

basic tools!

4) girl you're stupid. yes any moron can pull a frame, but it takes someone to know what they are doing to do it right. it also takes someone with a fu#king brain to do their homework and not let any moron work on their vehicle, if they can't do it themselves. you just spitting out sentences trying to sound smart?

5) first off don't knock someone, you paid to have your sh!t done too. and body work isn't equivalent to mechanic work? what does that mean? any monkey can

change/throw parts at a car... it takes a skilled technician to diagnose the problem to fix it right the first time. as for body work, you're talking about the lines of the car, and

no matter how great a painter you are, the body work/prep work leading up to that paint job is what makes or destroys a paint job.

6) you should just shut your trap girl and stick your face in some books and learn some facts! or you can race someone and lose control and fu%k your car up by spinning out into

a ditch again...

i really shouldnt even reply to this bs but i will

1) Yes i have. have you? also you don't have to hit the enter button in the middle of a sentence

2) We have already discussed the tech school thing and that the only reason i made the comment was because it was brought up by the OP and the way it was brought up made it sound like because he WAS going to tech school he knew everything.. my point was just because someone goes to tech school doesn't mean they do know everything (if you would learn to read and not be dumb then you would realize me and orca have already cleared this up)

3) and yes when you rebuild a motor normally the right way to do it is to machine the block and have everything checked out. You also need a torque wrench and gauges/mics which are not in a normal everyday tool box. If you are putting together a motor with a basic wrench and not getting things machined and checked out you are a moron sir.

4) I do believe my point WAS that a person has to know what is going on to do it right. Again, learn to read please. I'm not completely sure what your point was about the homework. I guess you were just trying to insult me and failed.

5) I have already said I was not 'knocking' preston about the stuff but I was saying he paid someone to do a lot of it. I never claimed to do all the work to my car myself because I do not feel like I know enough about body work to do what my car needed. Again you are agreeing with me about it takes more then just bolt/unbolt to work on a car but your too much of a dumbas$ to realize that.

6) and will you please grow up.. yes my car went in a ditch A YEAR AND A HALF AGO (it did not 'spin out' You probably don't even know the whole story and are just bs'in to try to put me down.. its not working). I'm sure you have done plenty of stupid things in your life (making your ignorant post was one of them) and I would hope people do not bring them up all the time.

anyway I really think the conversation needs to go to only helping out orca which me and chris were trying to do but some things got taken the wrong way.. which i think we are all cool about now.. so bascially i think the people who are just trying to start sh!t should stay out of this thread and i'm sure the mods will agree with me.

orca.. my axles came out pretty easy.. which means yours are probably going to be hard as hell to get out.. but maybe check out rental impacts at autozone? I'm not sure if they rent them because my bro in law has a 200 something one instead of a 90 but it might be worth it.. or how about borrowing one from school?

DAMN IT!!!! Finally got the freaking thing apart, and the clutch and TO bearing are perfectly fine. It's one of the hydraulic cylinders. We're gonna try bleeding it and see if that'll help... But who knows.

DAMN IT!!!! Finally got the freaking thing apart, and the clutch and TO bearing are perfectly fine. It's one of the hydraulic cylinders. We're gonna try bleeding it and see if that'll help... But who knows.

Say what?? You mean to tell me you didn't start there? >_< I hate it when I assume things!

Say what?? You mean to tell me you didn't start there?>_< I hate it when I assume things!

Well, I'd checked fluid levels and for any leaks... *shrugs* I explained what it felt like and everyone seemed to agree on it being the TO bearing. Ah well, the old clutch plate was rather worn down... And one of the springs fell out as soon as I pulled it off. I'll post pics later tonight.

Well, I'd checked fluid levels and for any leaks... *shrugs* I explained what it felt like and everyone seemed to agree on it being the TO bearing. Ah well, the old clutch plate was rather worn down... And one of the springs fell out as soon as I pulled it off. I'll post pics later tonight.

Dude remember what mine looked like from one of those springs popping out? Was the spring just sitting iside opening in clutch disc?

HPIM1936.jpg

HPIM1932.jpg

HPIM1934.jpg

The transmission drops away, our goal is in sight:

P1000591.jpg

Dodd examines.... something

P1000590.jpg

The clutch drops, and a spring drops out. Oh well, we're replacing it anyway

P1000592.jpg

Pressure plate shows some wear, no big deal, we're replacing that too

P1000595.jpg

The Throw-Out bearing. Wait... wat? It's in perfectly usable condition.

P1000593.jpg

So after all that, we still have a problem. Ah well, I shouldn't have to do this again for a rather long time.

*edit*

Of course, the biggest bummer is that after all that work, I won't have a clue what the new clutch is like until I replace the clutch cylinders. :(

Archived