got a new car

just picked up a 98 civic ex coupe. Completely stock, 100k miles, rebuilt head, white.

traded my 240 for it. glad i finally got rid of that thing

cold a/c is awesome ^.^ glad to be back in a honda

it needs some work to be cosmetically perfect... but it's all stuff in the interior, and it's all pretty easy to replace. only problem i'm having with it is getting my stereo to get power... it just won't turn on! i wonder if a bit of water got in it when i switched cars. it was drizzling :(

I hope to have pics up in the next couple of days. my internet doesn't like uploading

hook your yellow and red wires together and it should come on...thats what i have to do for mine to work, the only bad is that it dosent remember anything

oh and PICS OR BAN!

Yeah, i plan on getting new seats, floor mats, and a new steering wheel.. There are some suspicious burn marks on the steering wheel and the seat. The old shift knob is also a bit melted. It's wierd, nothing else is affected. Today i got the head unit working, and i ended up installing my 6x9's in the back. MAN is it a bitch to get to those speakers!

All i really want on the car are just wheels, a lip, and maybe some headlight "eye lids". I've seen a couple of civics with them and it gives them such a clean look.

The car seems to sit low enough. I can't have too low of a ride where i live. Houses here are built on hills to avoid the whole flooding thing.

Nice car, not a fan of those headlights, because of that yellow strip....my friend has a 98 civic EX in white, I got him some titanium housing headlights...they look really nice, almost like a black chrome like look

Hehe you wouldn't say that if you lived near me. My integra used to scrape going up my driveway, and IT wasn't even that low. All the gas stations, food stores, and convenience stores have these dips just before the ramps, too. It was impossible not to scrape here. Already bent over some studs on my exhaust manifold and crushed the downpipe from my integra before. Don't need to do it to the civic

6695_112031356134_708036134_2696593_7981783_n.jpg

6695_112031351134_708036134_2696592_7505740_n.jpg

6695_112031381134_708036134_2696596_5627435_n.jpg

6695_112031371134_708036134_2696594_7990096_n.jpg

6695_112031386134_708036134_2696597_3315355_n.jpg

pansy

^+1

ask ryan about DC, i was shooting sparks. "youre not gangsta unless you shoot sparks" as long as you dont drive insane and dodge pot holes youll be fine, my header scrapes the ground a little bit while im on the freeway at home, oh well.

SLAM IT DAMN IT!!!!! :thumbsup:

No.... just no. You really REALLY don't know this area. Trust me, it's not worth it. My friend's 2g eclipse scrapes EVERYWHERE and it's stock ride height. Stock height on this civic scrapes in my driveway if i come straight in. I have to enter the grocery store at an angle not to scrape. Even the 240 scraped in some places, and that thing was monster truckin'.

LOL. Brian did have some pretty gangsta sparks. Then again Brian's sol almost touches the ground when he gets in it.

IMO, that civ looks fine at that height, especially if lowering is just going to cause trouble. I've seen much worse - specifically stock sols.

I say get some wheels and that thing will already look pretty nice.

• 2 weeks later...
Stock height on this civic scrapes in my driveway if i come straight in.

thats why you angle

IMO, that civ looks fine at that height, especially if lowering is just going to cause trouble. I've seen much worse - specifically stock sols.

pansy

lol i just like calling you guys pansy's.. mine isnt TOO low but you can get a jack stuck under it if its on any kind of incline.. the Z and my brother in laws Z get jacks stuck under them no matter what.. have to drive the car onto planks THEN put the jack under them

the Z and my brother in laws Z get jacks stuck under them no matter what.. have to drive the car onto planks THEN put the jack under them

same with my car, i have to drive up on planks to fit the OEM jack under the sol then jack it up to put a floor jack under it, lol.. i think im a little too low maybe.. :- lol

Archived