i has a predickeyment

here goes.. well my bday is coming up and my mom wanted to buy tires for my slips that i just got and she asked me what specs i wanted for the tires so i told her that i preferred 205/35/16 or 205/30/16 but the tire shop that a friend of my step dads owns, cant find that tire. the only size they can find close to it is a 205/40/16..

my question is will that size tire fit on my sol with a 3inch drop in front and a 2.5 to 2.75inch drop in the rear with no rubbing issues?

thanks for the help guys/girls :thumbsup:

With a three inch drop you are going to be hard pressed to find anything that fits with 0 rubbing.

I could comment on 15's and 14's as I have rolled on a variety of drops and tires for both but I have no history with 16's

Lower total center of gravity. Improved torque curve from the smaller wheel and tire combo. Car handles like a beast and with the smaller wheels and tires I make the most out of my little 105hp

Again I ask...wtf is the point?

slammit gat dammit :thumbsup:

well i told her to hold off until i get home to get tires.. ill lower it 3 inches and take it to the tire shop and see what will fit. theyre still looking for 205/30 or 35's for me though :)

Again I ask...wtf is the point?

The point is: To be able to get from start to finish faster/better then the other guy. Is that not the point of anything done to your vehicle? Race or show?

i think ryan may be talking about me, or maybe no? huh?

well we'll see when i get home.. theyre still hunting for the 30's or 35's but if they cant find any ill have to settle with 40's :sleep2:

i got a tire generator from mike and the 30's and 35's didnt look bad.. but the 45's were too thick for my taste, thats what mike had on his samba sol.. ill see what the 40's look like on my sol when i get home.. ill put the suspension on, drop it, and take it to the shop to see if there are any rubbing issues or not..

Exactly. Look at that huge wheel gap all the way around (even the sides). Dropping it won't do a thing to help that. You need bigger tires, not smaller. And a decent drop is great, I'm just saying, don't over-do it or you'll regret it.

DSCN4426.jpg

^ 205 something or another

of course my rims are bigger too

but i have it perfect so it doesnt rub or hit anything.. unless on a hill.. then it does a little

but i would reccommend a bigger tire and less drop just because less doesnt hold up well to bumps and you'll probably end up with a bent rim

hmm mine are 205/40zr17

if your that bent on slamming it then why ask what wont rub.. cause most everything will

that was just a goofy little saying that me and a friend used to say but anyone that lowers their car doesnt want any rubbing slammed or not.. im just trying to get the right size so it doesnt rub

but thanks for the help guys/girl :p

• 1 month later...
holy f*ck why would you want a 205/30/16?

205/40s are very thin already.

get 45 or 50, they'll still be a little bumpy.

30 would be rubber band style.

my buddy ran 205 40 16 on his ek coupe and regretted it all day (just looked silly). Seriously i'd run a 45 sidewall on 16's

Archived