HF Random Thought Thread

Shanebot90

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm baked. And gary, you were annoying me n my mate popping up on xbox live whilst we were watching The Mist. lol :p

pretty good film otherwise.

I do what I can :thumbsup:

Today I saw a Diablo :heart: The guy driving was smoking a cigar and blasting van halen.

b209d173-1.jpg

Then I sold a guitar amp I don't use anymore to some guy on craigslist

5b6d3205-1.jpg

woo cleaned my car and brother in laws spec so there would be at least 2 clean cars in the parking lot tonight :p

i like hf cause we all talk on the phone or xbox or text and hang out (those who are close enough to hang out at least)

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Nah my Mac still stomps all ass. kthx gg

*shrugs* whatever floats your boat.

Ubuntu Ultimate has all the advantages of Mac OS, with none of the disadvantages. Not to mention how much more powerful and better looking it is.

And best of all, it's FREE. As are the million and one utilites, programs, games, etc.

*shrugs* whatever floats your boat.

Just messin homie. Anything's better than Windows. :- What disadvantages? Better looking?? Pics. OSX Leopard is one of if not the best looking operating systems out there.

Just messin homie. Anything's better than Windows.:- What disadvantages? Better looking?? Pics. OSX Leopard is one of if not the best looking operating systems out there.

Basically, when you put it into graphics intensive mode, everything does something cool when you use it. Moving windows distort and then bounce back, minimizing and maximizing do all sorts of weird little things... Some of the things are taken straight out of Vista or Mac OS, some are amalgamations of the two, and some are unique to Linux. As for advantages/disadvantages... Linux rarely gets viruses, so it's comparable to Mac in that (There was actually a virus for Macs that came out last year... it was pathetic and you had to be a moron for it to actually work, but it does exist) And, unlike in Mac OS, you can install games. It takes more effort than in Windows, but it is possible, unlike on a Mac. And, since every variety of Linux is essentially a mod for the same kernel, you can customize it to your heart's content. This doesn't really show it very well, but here's the distortion and the sweet pointers you get:

Screenshot.png

There's also the fact that you get 2 workspaces you can switch back and forth between. I think Mac OS offers that now, or there's something that gives you the ability... but still, it's sweet.

Basically, when you put it into graphics intensive mode, everything does something cool when you use it. Moving windows distort and then bounce back, minimizing and maximizing do all sorts of weird little things... Some of the things are taken straight out of Vista or Mac OS, some are amalgamations of the two, and some are unique to Linux. As for advantages/disadvantages... Linux rarely gets viruses, so it's comparable to Mac in that (There was actually a virus for Macs that came out last year... it was pathetic and you had to be a moron for it to actually work, but it does exist) And, unlike in Mac OS, you can install games. It takes more effort than in Windows, but it is possible, unlike on a Mac. And, since every variety of Linux is essentially a mod for the same kernel, you can customize it to your heart's content. This doesn't really show it very well, but here's the distortion and the sweet pointers you get:

There's also the fact that you get 2 workspaces you can switch back and forth between. I think Mac OS offers that now, or there's something that gives you the ability... but still, it's sweet.

OSX is based off Unix, not Linux, but I know what you're sayin. Personally I think the UI is more attractive on OSX..yours looks a lot like Vista. Macs have games, whatchu talkin about? It all comes down to preference, as this debate has been going on for years.

Picture4-1.png

I think i'm ditching the turbo del slow idea

and going for a 240sx.. possibly a rb25det swap.. dont know if i want a s13 with a stock front cause i dont like the pop up headlights but it looks kinda cool painted with the sleepy headlight thing goin on... OOOOOOORRRR a s14 with a stock front or a sylvia front...... hhhhmmmmmmmmm idk! i saw one with a wide body and the sylvia front and it looked pretty darn good... hmm

I think i'm ditching the turbo del slow idea

and going for a 240sx.. possibly a rb25det swap.. dont know if i want a s13 with a stock front cause i dont like the pop up headlights but it looks kinda cool painted with the sleepy headlight thing goin on... OOOOOOORRRR a s14 with a stock front or a sylvia front...... hhhhmmmmmmmmm idk! i saw one with a wide body and the sylvia front and it looked pretty darn good... hmm

Or just a better looking Honda?

OSX is based off Unix, not Linux, but I know what you're sayin. Personally I think the UI is more attractive on OSX..yours looks a lot like Vista. Macs have games, whatchu talkin about? It all comes down to preference, as this debate has been going on for years.

Yeah, right now it looks more like Vista, but that's the theme. There's a theme that looks like Mac OS, and then there's several others. They don't have the Mac OS taskbar, but I've never cared for that anyway. And games on Macs are specifically made for Macs. You can't install and play just any game off the shelf in Mac OS. Unless Apple has finally taken care of that... I haven't bothered to track the changes between all the variations of Mac OSX

Anywho, as for ditching the turbo Del Sol, I'd have to agree. Del Sols are Roadsters, designed to go moderately fast while handling well and being just plain fun to drive. Straightline speed isn't really their forte, and giving one more than about 200 horsepower is pretty much pointless IMO.

Had a fun weekend. F&F Friday night, helped my friend move Saturday day, took my nephew out go-karting and suprised him with a Toys R Us shopping trip Saturday evening, cruised around with a friend Saturday night, slept in today played with the niece and nephew until their dad picked them up, now I'm almost finished taking a break from work.

Yeah, right now it looks more like Vista, but that's the theme. There's a theme that looks like Mac OS, and then there's several others. They don't have the Mac OS taskbar, but I've never cared for that anyway. And games on Macs are specifically made for Macs. You can't install and play just any game off the shelf in Mac OS. Unless Apple has finally taken care of that... I haven't bothered to track the changes between all the variations of Mac OSX

Anywho, as for ditching the turbo Del Sol, I'd have to agree. Del Sols are Roadsters, designed to go moderately fast while handling well and being just plain fun to drive. Straightline speed isn't really their forte, and giving one more than about 200 horsepower is pretty much pointless IMO.

Just like games specifically made for PC? Often manufactures will release games for both systems. My old Diablo II discs worked recently in my Mac just as they did originally in my PC. I don't really care about anything else. Blizzard already said Diablo III will be released for Mac and PC at the same time, that's really the only game I want to play.

Archived