New Pictures of the Sol

Thought you all might enjoy some new pictures of the Sol. Here's the three most recent ones I've taken, minus that the shot that's still on my phone of my cat poking around in the engine bay.

0327091043.jpg

0327091043a.jpg

0316090921.jpg

On the negative side I'm getting really terrible mileage out of it these days. I got 26 and 29 mpgs the last two times I filled up, the first one all city and the second mostly highway. Then today, after only having gone 35 miles, I'm down a quarter tank. So I guess I'll need to be checking into some stuff...

^he just got those rims...they are LS meshies, painted. He only has 45k miles on it.

I'm thinking that the gas mileage is because of running rich because exhuast coming out is way dark. There is no CEL. Should clean up intake and egr and such too.

Perhaps I'll ask this question here, too, since I haven't been making too many threads/posts recently...

Should I get the headlights and reflectors I had on my old sol again? For those who don't remember, here they are:

100_2029.jpg

I just thought they'd be nice for keeping the whole black/white theme going...

Good eye, Ryan. That del Sol had been in an accident and the bumper didn't line up perfectly on that side. I wouldn't be worried about that with my current del Sol, though.

i think going all black and clear would look good since it would match the rest of your car. maybe even put a thin layer of transparent black over the reflectors so they dont stand out too much

Yeah, I'm glad you know what I'm going for.

I'd leave the reflectors nice and white cuz the white squares for my backup lights stand out pretty nicely too. So they'd match.

Now I wish I had money to start buying this stuff...

i didn't know you were gonna paint them, i thought you were going to leave them silver. ifyou had left tehm i would have still prefered them over the fat 5's, but i like them better than both when they are painted.

I actually got them like that. They were gonna get painted gunmetal, and they still might some day, but I really liked them like that so I just threw them on there.

^he just got those rims...they are LS meshies, painted. He only has 45k miles on it.

I'm thinking that the gas mileage is because of running rich because exhuast coming out is way dark. There is no CEL. Should clean up intake and egr and such too.

are u n him together or something?

Perhaps I'll ask this question here, too, since I haven't been making too many threads/posts recently...

Should I get the headlights and reflectors I had on my old sol again? For those who don't remember, here they are:

100_2029.jpg

I just thought they'd be nice for keeping the whole black/white theme going...

and no, those are ugly.

On the negative side I'm getting really terrible mileage out of it these days. I got 26 and 29 mpgs the last two times I filled up, the first one all city and the second mostly highway. Then today, after only having gone 35 miles, I'm down a quarter tank. So I guess I'll need to be checking into some stuff...

seafoam that crap :thumbsup:

i know hondas/nissans/dodges/hyndais/fords/chevys that have all used it and it didnt hurt a thing

we just used it on my bfs elantra p.o.s cause his gas milage was going to hell

and used it on my new motor to clean it out.. and when we put my new head on the car my oil light came on and i think something was clogged up so we put some in the engine for a few days and oil light went off

its been my experience that its never hurt a thing

all you have to do is put some in the gas tank.. like a normal fuel injector cleaner

then put some in the intake (it will smoke.. smokes worse the more buildup it has)

if your really worried about it just do a search about it.. seafoam is used by a lot of people

^it seems a bit risky...

Does anyone know of any Honda-specific products out there to clean fuel injectors/tank?

water, a small stream about the diameter of a pencil into the intake supposedly steam cleans the motor.

personally i've just used seafoam in the brake booster vacuum line, oil, and gas tank. only problem i had was i needed to get new plugs because i had those stupid double ground strap ones that can't be gapped, but i had a feeling those would have gone bad soon anyways. i've seen a thread where a guy pulled the plug out of his dirtbike and stuck a scope in the cylinder. saw the usual varnish and some carbon buildup. he put the seafoam in his tank and ran through the whole tank. scoped the cylinders again and all the buildup and varnish was gone.

Archived