back again!

04GT

well after a long while of decomission I figured I would come back and give it a try.... I had a 2004 mustang GT back when I first joined but everyone busted my balls like I was an enemy so I thought it best to leave

so back I am looking for some good automotive talk and good old fashion OT randomness, umm, right now my summer poison is a 2006 GTO and I am just here to learn more about the honda engine and diferent applications

and that's basically it, grew up with ford and GM, know it back and fourth. Could provide some info if any threads arise while I can read and learn more about your applications

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, still no complaining from me. If anything the GTO was an upgrade by and FAR. Quite the nice interior GM put into them as well, much more comfortable and plush than a Mustang, or any other F-Body IMO.

Whats up man...youll prolly get bashed again but not by me :D , pics of cars?

P7140463-2.jpg

2F10519F0545469BBC8262AE3977F748.jpg

2447896324_e1ac26eb55.jpg

2447069735_0d7d24c16f.jpg

PA280507-1.jpg

GTO2.jpg

PA210938.jpg

PA210937.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

PA210931.jpg

PA210946.jpg

PA210949.jpg

PA210927.jpg

SSPX0765-1.jpg

recentpics006.jpg

recentpics005.jpg

car1.jpg

PA210930.jpg

PA210926.jpg

car3.jpg

IMG_0674-1.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

2218638311_9821045ab7_b.jpg

I'm cool with being bashed in good fun but people just assumed I was a troll because I had a mustang on a honda site.... which I understood a little bit so I left lol

A mustgay, and its yellow? >_< No wonder you were heckled. Just Kidding, Welcome errr.... back. That GTO is sick, I've driven them and like them alot. My friend has one that he is going to put an STS kit on it, so it should be pretty damn fast. That Porsche looks fun to drive around it too.

ah i remember you, you talked about having stock in marvel and someone else (capcom maybe?) and they were going at it with there movies, that's how you managed to afford all that stuff. didn't see the hard time people were giving you since i was new back then. welcome back. love the gto, its the ls2 right?

ah i remember you, you talked about having stock in marvel and someone else (capcom maybe?) and they were going at it with there movies, that's how you managed to afford all that stuff. didn't see the hard time people were giving you since i was new back then. welcome back. love the gto, its the ls2 right?

yup, LS2... I got in this forum trying to defend a member from an SRT4 troll that came in here and diddn't know ANYTHING about what he was talking about, this troll was from a forum I moderate and I just sort of stayed after I took care of it because it seemed like a cool place

@ Sport Injection

yeahhh, I had a yellow stang... it was a pretty decent girl though... had a rough ride and made it's power down low then fell on it's face up high (YAY 16V modular!)

those STS kits are probably the best turbo kit you can buy for the goats... tell your friend that I was doing some research and after all the accidents and such that there are an estimated 35,000 GTO's left in the US... so keep care of it!

Porsche is fun but more of a classic collector... 60,000 miles on original engine, plus it has a shifter the size of a driveshaft lol

props for getting 600 ponies from a del sol, I always loved the little engines that find owners to get them to produce huge power

those STS kits are probably the best turbo kit you can buy for the goats... tell your friend that I was doing some research and after all the accidents and such that there are an estimated 35,000 GTO's left in the US... so keep care of it!

props for getting 600 ponies from a del sol, I always loved the little engines that find owners to get them to produce huge power

Ya, it just usually sits in his garage. Which is whats going to happen to my SRT when it hits 50,000 miles. They only made 25,000 arpox. So now there is probably alot less than that now.

As the sol goes. It hasn't made that power yet, but that is what it should, depending on how big of a jam up my manifold is. lol. I'll have a dyno chart up in a few weeks when I get it wrapped up and off to get tuned.

IMO me no likey GTO's, i got to take one for a spin when my mom was the service manager at neil sandler buick, pontiac, GMC.. the suspension is too soft, but hey that was a 04 so it might be different.. i still dont like them.. and mustang aka crapstain = fail IMO

welcome back :thumbsup:

i like the porsche and avalance though :p

plan on putting wheels on the avalanche? or lowering it? huh

IMO me no likey GTO's, i got to take one for a spin when my mom was the service manager at neil sandler buick, pontiac, GMC.. the suspension is too soft, but hey that was a 04 so it might be different.. i still dont like them.. and mustang aka crapstain = fail IMO

welcome back :thumbsup:

i like the porsche and avalance though :p

plan on putting wheels on the avalanche? or lowering it? huh

don't have the ave anymore... when I did it had 20" chromes from the factory as part of the chariot edition

pic of it in my pictures above... the GTO is a cross between my mustang and my lincoln LS... only the backseat is bigger in my GTO (get compliment of the room and comfort factor in the back all the time

the soft suspension in the GTO during the test drive could be too worn out springs & shocks... was there over 50K on it? because when I steer my goat it is pretty tight in the corners and it goes over bumps & potholes like a dream

heh, I don't know about that... but here is a consolation prize

IMG_0769.jpg

no wonder you prefer american cars, you wouldn't fit in anything else, hell i could never own an integra unless it had a 3in steering wheel extension.

CT9A, i bet anything felt like a boat after coming out of an evo

jeezus you're a giant.

I would have felt better if I had posted nudes and gotten the same response :fool:

I'm originally from the czech republic and now have full citizenship... usually people don't comment on my size and go straight to "HOLY GIGANTIC CHIN BATMAN!"

some of the guys from the other forums I moderate got together and chopped me leading the whole forum to safety from a volcano by forming a landbrindge with my chin.... good times lol

don't have the ave anymore... when I did it had 20" chromes from the factory as part of the chariot edition

pic of it in my pictures above... the GTO is a cross between my mustang and my lincoln LS... only the backseat is bigger in my GTO (get compliment of the room and comfort factor in the back all the time

the soft suspension in the GTO during the test drive could be too worn out springs & shocks... was there over 50K on it? because when I steer my goat it is pretty tight in the corners and it goes over bumps & potholes like a dream

the interior in the GTO was tiny to me, i felt like i was in a sardine can, i had a half inch of head clearance. i have more clearance in my sol >_<

and it was a brand new GTO, it had about a total of 1k miles on it.. so it wasnt worn, all i know is i punched it and i looked in the rear view and it was ground i looked out the front and it was tree tops and sky, "i was like WTF talk about soft suspension!" >_<

the interior in the GTO was tiny to me, i felt like i was in a sardine can, i had a half inch of head clearance. i have more clearance in my sol >_<

and it was a brand new GTO, it had about a total of 1k miles on it.. so it wasnt worn, all i know is i punched it and i looked in the rear view and it was ground i looked out the front and it was tree tops and sky, "i was like WTF talk about soft suspension!" >_<

I believe they call that torque.

That's what happens to a majority of RWD with gobs of horsepower and torque. I honestly think you've become accustomed to cars that lack torque so much that they can't even sit the ass down on a hard takeoff.

when I steer my goat it is pretty tight in the corners and it goes over bumps & potholes like a dream

i wish my car took to potholes like that

CT9A, i bet anything felt like a boat after coming out of an evo

he never drove the evo.. it was stolen before he got back after paying all that money for it then went to a stock s model sol

welcome back :)

well your opinion could be due to alot of things

1st being which what was already stated... massive torque down low, the OHV LSX engines are notorious for gobs of torque that come early and hard

2nd being RWD... looking at your cars I can see there is a chance you aren't familiar with RWD weight transfer on the launch, the rear will dip on just about any RWD making anything north of 200RWHP... the higher your power levels, the more you will squat

3rd being the fact that the GTO is a IRS muscle car, as opposed to solid axle... which gives better ride quality and better all around performance when it comes to going around turns... this could also be a factor if you are used to driving RWD cars with a solid axle as most are

I'd also like to say that the OE rear suspension in the GTO is accompanied by large single tubed shocks as opposed to the weak twin tubes... so soft suspension is kind of hard to say

and the GTO has a bunch more room than the del sol if you take into consideration the back seat... I'm not going to get into nit picking about exact specs but my best friend has a 93 1.5 non Vtech and I ride shotgun now and again, the del sol makes it's headroom by sitting you on the frame for the most part, to get out I have to roll out of the seat and then basically do a pushup off of the pavement... plus the GTO has more legroom in the front and a backseat, so it's not a "sardine can" by any means

although I wish it was a bit lighter

he never drove the evo.. it was stolen before he got back after paying all that money for it then went to a stock s model sol

is there something wrong with that? or should have been like everyone else and bought a modded del sol that i have no idea what had been done to it and worry about my car falling apart due to someone not modifying the car correctly? ahemm..

well your opinion could be due to alot of things

and the GTO has a bunch more room than the del sol if you take into consideration the back seat... I'm not going to get into nit picking about exact specs but my best friend has a 93 1.5 non Vtech and I ride shotgun now and again, the del sol makes it's headroom by sitting you on the frame for the most part, to get out I have to roll out of the seat and then basically do a pushup off of the pavement... plus the GTO has more legroom in the front and a backseat, so it's not a "sardine can" by any means

although I wish it was a bit lighter

my opinion doesnt really have anything to do with a 2004 gto having soft suspension.. if i can hit it and squat soo much to where i cant see road in front of me and see nothing but road in back.. it definately needs to be stiffined up, which is what they might have done with your model now..

about the room in a del sol compared to a gto.. i was not talking about overall room inside the car, i was talking about head clearance.. gto = no head clearance, so if you or i rolled that thing.. its bye bye birdy

is there something wrong with that? or should have been like everyone else and bought a modded del sol that i have no idea what had been done to it and worry about my car falling apart due to someone not modifying the car correctly? ahemm..

my opinion doesnt really have anything to do with a 2004 gto having soft suspension.. if i can hit it and squat soo much to where i cant see road in front of me and see nothing but road in back.. it definately needs to be stiffined up, which is what they might have done with your model now..

about the room in a del sol compared to a gto.. i was not talking about overall room inside the car, i was talking about head clearance.. gto = no head clearance, so if you or i rolled that thing.. its bye bye birdy

a GTO's head clearance is the exact same as a del sol in the front AND the back seats save for a couple tenths of an inch... and the GTO has more legroom in the front by more than two inches and about the same legroom as the del sol has total in the back

and without arguing exact specifications... I am 6'4" and I still have plenty of headroom in the front AND the back so IDK if you are like 7'5" or what

the rear springs and shocks are as stiff as they need to be.. like others have stated, I just don't think you are used to cars with any kind of power.

the first thing you should learn is that when a RWD performance car rocks back on it's heels like that it is doing what it is supposed to do... it's weight transfer and how the car puts it's power to the ground... if the power is being transferred to the rear wheels and the rear is being forced into planting the power by loading the springs and creating more traction on the launch due to increased friction on the road surface... it's an elementary thing that should happen on the application which is why it does it

so your opinion might be yours to keep but it's an opinion derived from a person not familiar with the subject on which the opinion was formed... so in the end it's like listening to a cashier's opinion on how a cat diesel should operate... my advice to you is to never own a RWD car that is setup for power simply because all springs compress under load, it's part of the deal and the amount they compress goes hand in hand with the power you are making on launch.... after the initial launch the shocks even you out and you are off... it's been that way since before even our time

if anything your story compliments the power the engine makes more so than belittles the suspension

Actually, real tuners rarely buy heavily modified cars. Especially heavily modified cars they've never driven.

Archived