back again!

04GT

The rear shocks heavily compressing on a RWD is on a similar principal with putting very stiff springs in the rear on a FWD car to keep it from compressing. It is all in keeping the weight over the drive tire as much as possible.

There is a reason why you do not normally see this, but if you look close there is no play in the wheelie bar so that the rear will not squat at all.

cscs-june04-2006-1320drag%20004.jpg

Compared to this, which has the bar placed not to prevent squat but to keep the car from flipping completely:

Bill_Glidden_LV_1.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
is there something wrong with that? or should have been like everyone else and bought a modded del sol that i have no idea what had been done to it and worry about my car falling apart due to someone not modifying the car correctly? ahemm..

you DID buy a almost fully modded car.. then went to a car that cost you 2k

anyway i didnt read all of that stuff but rwd>fwd

My WS6 felt like a trampoline when you blipped the throttle through first and second gear. RWD cars need squat to keep the rear planted. You're making it sound as though it's toting the wheels off the ground when you drive it.

you DID buy a almost fully modded car.. then went to a car that cost you 2k

sorry youre very wrong, that evo just had bolt-ons

almost fully modded evo would have pushed at least 500 to the ground.. my evo only had max of 350 to the wheels.. big number difference there..

and the evo was done the correct way, reciepts were all there from where everything was done professionally :thumbsup:

If the guy had a receipt for a professionally installed air intake you should make sure to find him and punch him once for me.

lolz

high tech heart surgeon sh!t mang

and the term "bolt on car" is subjective and can mean many things according to whom you are talking to... espessially in a facory boosted car due to the fact a larger turbo is technically a "bolt on" but needs tuning... so it technically isn't depending on who you run it by

just like upping the boost of your factory turbo, because that isn't a bolt on at all.... in fact, once you flash and tune the ECU for the boost settings it never needs to be touched again untill further modification... so if you want to get technical if you were pushing more PSI it would be a tuning modification... not a bolt on

and yes, there are numb nuts out there that push way more PSI than they should, then turn around and sell it... like the numb nuts on a factory 16G through a stock bottom end 91 eagle talon TSI that visited our forum last week... idiot was steadfast in saying him pushing 30PSI through it with just E85 as a "cooling mod" was perfectly safe and efficient.

fact of the matter... when you buy a modded car, you never know what was done to it

correction... when you buy "ANY" used performance car because some mods are so small and reversable you could never tell otherwise without a OBDII

^ :laugh:

yah bolts on are super hard yah know.. you need some skill to tighten some bolts and follow directions

i would like to have seen you put it together as nicely as it was done, seeing that the front of your sol doesnt even fit right :crazy:

lolz

high tech heart surgeon sh!t mang

and the term "bolt on car" is subjective and can mean many things according to whom you are talking to... espessially in a facory boosted car due to the fact a larger turbo is technically a "bolt on" but needs tuning... so it technically isn't depending on who you run it by

nope, stock turbo.. and i was regerring to bolt ons of which it had were:: FMIC, hard piping, bov, intake, cat back exhaust, etc..

if you want i can referr to the magazine that it was in and post the mods to let you know exactly what all the evo had :thumbsup:

i would like to have seen you put it together as nicely as it was done, seeing that the front of your sol doesnt even fit right :crazy:

nope, stock turbo.. and i was regerring to bolt ons of which it had were:: FMIC, hard piping, bov, intake, cat back exhaust, etc..

if you want i can referr to the magazine that it was in and post the mods to let you know exactly what all the evo had :thumbsup:

no thanks, I don't refer to magazines for any information because I know 99.9% of it is biased BS... espessially hard times, shootouts and performance figures

and just those mods would not make 350AWHP... you would have to have aftermarket tuning to push more PSI through a stock turbo like stated earlier

no thanks, I don't refer to magazines for any information because I know 99.9% of it is biased BS... espessially hard times, shootouts and performance figures

and just those mods would not make 350AWHP... you would have to have aftermarket tuning to push more PSI through a stock turbo like stated earlier

Thank you.

yah your right.. one of the fenders isnt perfect

at least i dont claim to have bought a $20k evo and then after it gets stolen when you havent even seen it in person(so you cant say how nicely it was put together).. but now you choose to buy an s model del sol and have to wait on a bonus to get suspension for it

i shouldnt have even gave an answer to that because all you seem to want is attention which is why you make a stupid amount of unneeded and unhelpful posts

actually no there guy, it is in readers rides and is the parts that were actually installed on the evo

but now you choose to buy an s model del sol and have to wait on a bonus to get suspension for it

there is something wrong with buying a project car? and i waited for my bonus because im currently saving my money to buy a house, but i guess you dont know much about that..

actually no there guy, it is in readers rides and is the parts that were actually installed on the evo

actually yes there guy... I don't care what kind of magazine you are referring to... an Evo VIII with "just" those mods will not make 350AWHP on stock PSI through a stock 4G63

I know you think you are dealing with the usual "USA!" type mentality but I rather enjoy reading, studying and working on imports as well, so you might fool some other redneck mustang driver who doesn't know his head from his ass but let me walk you through this without mentioning a magazine

a stock EVO VIII produces 271ishBHP... through AWD drivetrain loss (usually equates to 25ish% drivetrain loss) that would equate to 205 AWHP, which I know is wrong which also tells me the cars were under rated from the factory

moving on.... I have seen a a stock EVO 8 at some of my dyno meets and it dyno'ed around 230 to the wheels so lets start there for this

so coming from a 230AWHP baseline you are claiming an increase of 120AWHP with just a FMIC, cat back, down pipe and a BOV? even with a facotry freak those power levels are just not attainable with the mods listed... unless "etc" is another term for dyno tuned and reflashed for more boost

not to mention without any kind of boost increase the need for a BOV and a FMIC is kind of mute so it leads me to question what you "think" was done to the car

actually yes there guy... I don't care what kind of magazine you are referring to... an Evo VIII with "just" those mods will not make 350AWHP on stock PSI through a stock 4G63

I know you think you are dealing with the usual "USA!" type mentality but I rather enjoy reading, studying and working on imports as well, so you might fool some other redneck mustang driver who doesn't know his head from his ass but let me walk you through this without mentioning a magazine

a stock EVO VIII produces 271ishBHP... through AWD drivetrain loss (usually equates to 25ish% drivetrain loss) that would equate to 205 AWHP, which I know is wrong which also tells me the cars were under rated from the factory

moving on.... I have seen a a stock EVO 8 at some of my dyno meets and it dyno'ed around 230 to the wheels so lets start there for this

so coming from a 230AWHP baseline you are claiming an increase of 120AWHP with just a FMIC, cat back, down pipe and a BOV? even with a facotry freak those power levels are just not attainable with the mods listed... unless "etc" is another term for dyno tuned and reflashed for more boost

not to mention without any kind of boost increase the need for a BOV and a FMIC is kind of mute so it leads me to question what you "think" was done to the car

unless he's got a 6L turbo diesel in there i don't see those mods making that much power either. dyno sheets would be nice.

okay here you go mr man...

complete mod list

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 MR:: HKS intake, HKS Carbon Ti cat back exhaust, HKS downpipe, HKS R type FMIC, HKS SSQV, HKS turbo timer, Invidia test pipe with mini cat, Samco hoses, Koyo radiator, Denso spark plugs, Rotora rotors, Project Mu pads, Goodridge brake lines, Tein springs, Volk RE30's with Yokohama S drives, Bride Brix II seats, Takata 6 point harnesses, and custom Autopride tune

and i never said it pushed 350awhp, i said at MAX 350awhp.. so dont put words in my mouth/text, k thx

EDIT:: superstreet, october 09 issue, page 116 in readers rides, the only evo on that page

complete mod list

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 MR:: HKS intake, HKS Carbon Ti cat back exhaust, HKS downpipe, HKS R type FMIC, HKS SSQV, HKS turbo timer, Invidia test pipe with mini cat, Samco hoses, Koyo radiator, Denso spark plugs, Rotora rotors, Project Mu pads, Goodridge brake lines, Tein springs, Volk RE30's with Yokohama S drives, Bride Brix II seats, Takata 6 point harnesses, and custom Autopride tune

and i never said it pushed 350awhp, i said at MAX 350awhp.. so dont put words in my mouth/text, k thx

EDIT:: superstreet, october 09 issue, page 116 in readers rides, the only evo on that page

thank you for proving my point that it wasn't just a bolt on car with that custom tune, that tune probably maxed out the stock turbo as far as PSI considering all the cooling support... and again I will say magazines are not a valid database for inforation... it would be like referring to hollywood for history facts

where I come from we call this back peddling

complete mod list

Actually, for the record, you did say it pushed 350 to the ground.

Also, many of those bolt ons won't even increase power.

sorry youre very wrong, that evo just had bolt-ons

almost fully modded evo would have pushed at least 500 to the ground.. my evo only had max of 350 to the wheels.. big number difference there..

and the evo was done the correct way, reciepts were all there from where everything was done professionally :thumbsup:

Actually, for the record, you did say it pushed 350 to the ground.

Also, many of those bolt ons won't even increase power.

please correct yourself :thumbsup:

I will say magazines are not a valid database for inforation... it would be like referring to hollywood for history facts

Oh ok, So all magazines are full of bold faced lies and have no real information? Don't know what magazines you are reading but for the most part magazines are pretty well rounded and I find they have lots of useful information. Just because they don't agree with your views does not mean that they are incorrect.

Oh ok, So all magazines are full of bold faced lies and have no real information? Don't know what magazines you are reading but for the most part magazines are pretty well rounded and I find they have lots of useful information. Just because they don't agree with your views does not mean that they are incorrect.

I never said that they are biased and print false information on purpose or because they don't agree with my views, or even that they don't provide "SOME" useful information... I said that it's a proven fact that magazines (R&T, MT, MM&FF, etc etc etc) generally are biased toward some make and their performance figures are wrong quite often while usually picking a 3 year old to drive the make they dislike while picking john force to drive the car they do like

all you have to do is pick up any general car magazine off your general store rack and you can pick out NUMEROUS tidbits of false information and performance specs while browsing through a bunch of biased views on interior styling, exterior styling etc etc

everything is just opinion and basic specs in most cases... nothing too helpful there

most people will argue magazine times from car reveiws on the internet and to be honest mag times hold no weight whatsoever... and like stated, in most cases neither do some of their specs... which when done right are just looked up from the manufacturer so it doesn't take a rocket scientist

and after doing this forum thing for awhile... I've found the guys who spout magazine figures to prove a contestant in an argument are the guys who either don't have the car themselves or are too lazy/dumb to go to the track themselves so they can brag about what THEY did in THIER car

I take all of my cars to the track before I start going on about what they can or can't do

my stock Lincoln LS pulled a 14.7 @ 98MPH on a 2.4 60ft

my bone stock GTO pulled a 13.3 @ 104MPH on a 2.3 60ft

honestly I was more impressed with my Lincoln's time if anything

Magazines have sponsors to cover much of their expenses. By default, all magazines are going to have some bias toward the sponsors and advertisers writing checks to them.

As for bias on figures, facts and all that stuff: There are always two sides to every story. Like 04GT says, sure you can get better times if you have a pro driver vs an amateur driver. The real story in every story are the details that the writer left out.

Archived