a few questions

93d3ls0l

HELLO everyone,

i just recently picked up a 93 delsol s (D15B7) and was wondering if i could change the headlights out with ones from a newer civic or something along that lines with out any structural modification to the front end in another words are there any other modles i can rob parts off.

also im taking any suggestions to make the car appear more aggressive and not so girly. without putting a body kit on

thanks, Mike

You could do a front end conversion... but that's quite a bit of work, depending on which front end you want. The lights from an EG or EK will not fit the shape of a Sol's headlights without modification. Unfortunately, Sol's are one of the few Honda's that don't have many swap out parts as far as cosmetics go.

You could do a front end conversion... but that's quite a bit of work, depending on which front end you want. The lights from an EG or EK will not fit the shape of a Sol's headlights without modification. Unfortunately, Sol's are one of the few Honda's that don't have many swap out parts as far as cosmetics go.

thank you

so this is kinda a dumb question but for good reason.. to post pics im gonna have to use a hoster such as imageshack ? new to forums but looks similar to another i've used

thanks again sorry to be a pain

so this is kinda a dumb question but for good reason.. to post pics im gonna have to use a hoster such as imageshack ? new to forums but looks similar to another i've used

thanks again sorry to be a pain

Yupper, imageshack, photobucket, etc. Welcome to HF

ya your kinda stuck with the the stock one unless you do like kristin said and do a integra conversion or a 96 civic...both require extensive work, fab and prolly cost. im in the middle and almost done with my intrgra conversion and its a lot of work. i prolly have about 50+ hours in between fitting the panels, wiring, fab and bodywork, but also i have been lucky too only spent about 450 on it so far including all the parts and what nots

glad everyone forgets about my civic front end

anyways in order to get civic lights you'll need two civic fenders your two del sol fenders a civic hood civic bumper and civic support

your looks the best on a sol imho anyways I just hadnt posted so :rockon:

so here goes another question. i wanted to do the front end conversion and v-tech swap from an integra and was wondering would i be better off just buying a integra that been totaled in the rear and use it as a parts car? also what year integra would be best for the swap?

Engine is fine, but Integra to Del Sol front end swaps look hideous. I'd seriously reconsider if I were you.

+1

Personally, I don't think any front-end swap looks all that great on a Sol, but whatever floats your boat. I'd say just look into the different bumpers you can get for it. Just a thought.

Engine is fine, but Integra to Del Sol front end swaps look hideous. I'd seriously reconsider if I were you.

+

+Personally, I don't think any front-end swap looks all that great on a Sol, but whatever floats your boat. I'd say just look into the different bumpers you can get for it. Just a thought.

BOO

+

BOO

I'm not saying they look bad, I'm just saying I don't think they look as good as the stock bumper. Most front end swaps just don't flow with the body very well... Whatever civic front end you got does it better than most, but... *shrugs* Just an IMO, not trying to rag on anybody. Same goes for a lot of the aftermarket bumpers for the Del Sol. I just feel that most of the different bumpers and front ends people put on Sol's don't flow into the rest of the car like they should. Ends up looking somewhat awkward or unfinished to my eyes.

so here goes another question. i wanted to do the front end conversion and v-tech swap from an integra and was wondering would i be better off just buying a integra that been totaled in the rear and use it as a parts car? also what year integra would be best for the swap?

you're better of leaving the integra front end on the integra, and the del sol front end on the del sol. then again, you could always do the swap and paint a giant uncle ben's logo on your car while you're at it.

you defitnly have a point about how it flows.. there was a thread about a front end on a sol and it looked alright until you saw the body lines kinda stopped at the fender (mine doesnt do that)

i like the sol front but i think its a little too tiny and funny looking.. with a lip or something i think it looks good

i like the sol front but i think its a little too tiny and funny looking.. with a lip or something i think it looks good

I definitely agree with you there. The stock 93-95 bumper generally looks like it could use some help. 96-97 just needs foglights. Or a hood that comes down between the headlights.

• 2 weeks later...

ok so i decided against the whole integra swap and conversion idea. ive done some intense research and realized i'd rather do a B16 swap. now im trying to decide if i want to go with an EG or EK and from what i understand EG = OBDI EK = OBDII ? ifso what would be some of the advantages of using EK as far as tuning them? would it be easier to tune ? would you be able to make more power ? and easier to diagnose issues ? i wanna make sure i make the right decision. i plan to build the motor first then turbo it so if there is anything i should know about the EG and EK that differs as far as overall performance and reliability please tell

thanks

Mike

ODB1 is much easier to tune due to the lack of emissions equipment.

see i would have thought the OBDII would be easier beacuse of all of the emissions junk. i have found in the past that OBDII is usually easier to diagnose isusses thanks to the snap-on machine but that is oem isusses nothing to do with aftermarket apps.

so the lack of a few sensors and what not make the OBDI easier to tune?

ifso i guess i'll be doing an EG swap i might have the perfect car to get for the swap has everything needed for the swap for 800$ its a 93 civic ex. im just not positive that it is B-series. with out actually lifting the hood is there any way to tell from body design if it is infact a B-series?

because i found the car on craigslist and its in a different state and the guy who owns it is not exactly the brightest crayon in the box, if you catch my drift. all he listed is its a 93 ex 5 speed 800$ OBO and a few pics but none of the motor and i could careless about the body of the car as i will not need it

another question.....

so my front control arm bushings were bad and i replaced them.. the steering still feels awkward ( soft ) tho, not as bad. i havent checked yet but i believe it might be a tie rod cause it pulls to the right a lil when you let off the wheel. whouldn't a tie rod make it have a lil play left to right ( by play i mean i can turn the wheel left to right an inch or so before the wheels move giving it a soft feeling ) and i was just wondering if there is suposed to be a lil play in the steering wheel or if it should be tight ?

could be the steering rack but i hope not.

one thing i failed to notice is if my car has p/s i'll have to check when i get back out to my dads house to work on it. i think it does but i wasnt to worried about it, but i also know honda from like 90-94's i've seen power steering wasnt common

Archived